Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Mid December

1. -1
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin

Mid December

Looking at the upcoming schedule, things look pretty daunting for the Fins. I can easily make an argument that they might not win a game until the home Jacksonville game. The playoff talk was premature and inappropriate. I have argued that this season is a process. With a rookie HC and QB and many moving parts, this season was about progression. I thought this was a 3-5 win team. Unfortunately, I think that they will end up closer to my prediction than many others around here.

I wonder if the rookie QB has hit the so called Rookie Wall. The O-line has misfits running the WCO System. The receiving group lacks a threat to take the top off the D. There is no pass rush opposite of Wake. The DB's lack talent and have no ball skills. The team is not that good right now. People have to understand that this is a process.

With that said, we are in for a brutal stretch going into the winter. Find resolve and believe in the process right now.

Buffalo: Traveling on a short week is tough. Chan Gailey is multiple in his formations and I think we will find Bills receivers running open versus our confused secondary. Spiller is similar to the type of RB that gives us issues. Buffalo will be tough to play at night with all the juiced fans.

Seattle: They do have to travel across country and the Fins will have additional time to prepare. Also, Lynch is the type of back I think we can handle. However, with that said, their D is so physical and a terrible match up for our O. Russell Wilson is Doug Flutie-like playing with pixie dust.

New England: Tom Brady might throw for 500 yards again. No chance to run it. Will have to toss it around, but I expect New England's pick up of Talib to help a lot.

San Francisco: There might be a chance here. Similar type of teams. However, SF has more talent and are at home.

This is going to be a tough stretch. The Dolphins have to get back to basics: run the ball, stop the run, get off the field on the 3rd down and start winning the turnover differential. Think block and tackle better than the opponent. If they can do that, let the chips fall as they may.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the team need to go back to basic. Do what worked the very first 6 games where they almost went 5-1..they ran the ball well and play good defense. When ypur defense play the way they have played the last two games, you will lose games. They have to make Tanny a game manager and not the game winner. Running game have to show up.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by fisi View Post
    I think the team need to go back to basic. Do what worked the very first 6 games where they almost went 5-1..they ran the ball well and play good defense. When ypur defense play the way they have played the last two games, you will lose games. They have to make Tanny a game manager and not the game winner. Running game have to show up.
    The problem with the "basics" is . . . teams understand how to control the Fins offense. Stop Reggie from going off in the run game by barreling down on him and force Tannehill to beat you with Bess, Hartline and Gaffney. Like it or not, the person that needs to step up the most is Ryan Tannehill . . . and given the amount of talent they have put around him . . . that is a tough expectation for him.

Mike Sherman and Joe Philbin needs to have Bush, Thomas and Miller in the game at the same time . . . .you could argue that those 3 guys are their 3 most explosive players on offense . . . . so why only have one in the game at the same time? The have to open up that passing game . . . this team is similar to 2008, expect Tannehill is not Pennington . . . there is no 4.3 guy stretching the defense . . . and there is no wildcat. Sherman and Philbin have to adjust, or atleast attempt to, because you aren't winning game by handcuffing Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I said this after the Tennessee loss. This is going to be a long, long few weeks. We match up terrible with Seattle's D. They are traveling across country for a 1pm start. However, the stadium will be empty and I cannot wait for all of the stories and posts of how a 3rd round pick is outplaying our rookie QB. It is going to be a brutal stretch.

I think we need to look at progress within the game as opposed to the scoreboard.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pitbull13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Looking at the upcoming schedule, things look pretty daunting for the Fins. I can easily make an argument that they might not win a game until the home Jacksonville game. The playoff talk was premature and inappropriate. I have argued that this season is a process. With a rookie HC and QB and many moving parts, this season was about progression. I thought this was a 3-5 win team. Unfortunately, I think that they will end up closer to my prediction than many others around here.

I wonder if the rookie QB has hit the so called Rookie Wall. The O-line has misfits running the WCO System. The receiving group lacks a threat to take the top off the D. There is no pass rush opposite of Wake. The DB's lack talent and have no ball skills. The team is not that good right now. People have to understand that this is a process.

With that said, we are in for a brutal stretch going into the winter. Find resolve and believe in the process right now.

Buffalo: Traveling on a short week is tough. Chan Gailey is multiple in his formations and I think we will find Bills receivers running open versus our confused secondary. Spiller is similar to the type of RB that gives us issues. Buffalo will be tough to play at night with all the juiced fans.

Seattle: They do have to travel across country and the Fins will have additional time to prepare. Also, Lynch is the type of back I think we can handle. However, with that said, their D is so physical and a terrible match up for our O. Russell Wilson is Doug Flutie-like playing with pixie dust.

New England: Tom Brady might throw for 500 yards again. No chance to run it. Will have to toss it around, but I expect New England's pick up of Talib to help a lot.

San Francisco: There might be a chance here. Similar type of teams. However, SF has more talent and are at home.

This is going to be a tough stretch. The Dolphins have to get back to basics: run the ball, stop the run, get off the field on the 3rd down and start winning the turnover differential. Think block and tackle better than the opponent. If they can do that, let the chips fall as they may.
    We will be blown out of all 3 of those games. Especially the new england one! Look for Brady to break an NFL record against our secondary.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is going to be really tough. It is setting up to be an interesting offseason.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I think the Dolphins finish 6-10 at best (Jacksonville and Buffalo at home).

Quote Quote