Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benching Bush

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvannia
    Thanks / No Thanks

Benching Bush

Can some please explain why you bench your best player because he fumbles? But your rookie Quartback isn't pulled until there is no chance to win. The only message I get is Philbin gave up ,so the team quit on him. You can't win with you best player on sidelines.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Dolfan in England

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bush is a veteran who despite making a great play on 3rd a long still fumbled the ball away which led the the Titans first TD. Philbin is trying to show the team by benching a key player and team leader that mistakes like this are not accepted. Tom Coughlin did this to his rookie 1st round pick David Wilson this year too. He fumbled in his first game against Dallas and it took him a couple of weeks till he carried the ball again.

He didn't bench Tannehill because he is a rookie who we have given this whole season to for him to make mistakes and learn from them. Any situation Ryan finds himself in this year, good or bad, is great for him to learn from as he heads into his second year.
    Follow Me: @Darren_Foord (https://twitter.com/Darren_Foord) - Happy for a follow for follow of Dolphin fans!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin_Daz View Post
    Bush is a veteran who despite making a great play on 3rd a long still fumbled the ball away which led the the Titans first TD. Philbin is trying to show the team by benching a key player and team leader that mistakes like this are not accepted. Tom Coughlin did this to his rookie 1st round pick David Wilson this year too. He fumbled in his first game against Dallas and it took him a couple of weeks till he carried the ball again.

He didn't bench Tannehill because he is a rookie who we have given this whole season to for him to make mistakes and learn from them. Any situation Ryan finds himself in this year, good or bad, is great for him to learn from as he heads into his second year.
    Yea Coughlin benched David Wilson . . . when you have Bradshaw, along with Eli, Cruz, Nicks and those guys . . . you can afford to bench a "rookie". To bench your "only" explosive player because of it for HALF OF THE GAME is questionable to say the least. Just gives their defense less of a concern.

If Philbin can be praised for all the good he seems to be bringing, people have the right to question things like this. Not that it matters, it is his team and he calls the shots, but from a fans perspective . . . sitting the man for 2 full quarters was a bit over the top.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why not bench Sherman for coming up with a horrid game plan

Better yet, Bench Ireland!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvannia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it is still wrong.If players
    are going to get benched for making mistakes while trying to make a play.Then why try to make the play? Hence the poor effort put forth by our defense.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    This was covered extensivley. But i will say it again. A message can be sent, for a series or two. To purposely leave your best player on the bench that long is bad coaching. Sure it sent a message. It also told the titans, daniel is toting the rock now, dont play defense for edge rushes, aswing pass, or any.other formatin mismatch reggie can provide.
    It was bad. For anyone to say otherwise, id love to hear just what you saw out of dt yesterday that did much good.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't agree with the benching. And the same time, we need to see what we have in Lamar Miller. He'll come into a game, have 6.0+ YPC and then comes out.
    --==\ JMarino /==--
    www.tecmosb.com
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JMarino View Post
    I don't agree with the benching. And the same time, we need to see what we have in Lamar Miller. He'll come into a game, have 6.0+ YPC and then comes out.
    I'm gonna tell you like this, the results won't change. The results will only change by putting Ryan Tannehill in better spots to make plays and for the love of god Tannehill . .. when its 3rd and 2, and you have an opening . . . run and get the first down and get a new set of downs. If The Dolphins were saving a QB draw for an appropriate moment to win a game . . . they sure are doing a good job of making teams unaware of it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ormond Beach, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree. I can see benching for lack of effort, mental lapses, etc. But not for trying to make a play. Crap happens. You don't bench him for a half.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JMarino View Post
    Exactly. PLAY MILLER!!! He shows explosiveness everytime he touches the ball!! I can't see why they don't play him. 2 games ago he was the only player....the only player on the roster that didn't see any action. Not even a play.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bush came out and said he agreed with the decision.

Major props for Reggie for owning it. He could of made a stink about it and divided to locker room but didn't. It also speaks to how he respects Philbin.

Like it or not haters Philbin has control of the locker room I have no doubt that we bounce back iwth a W this week against the Bills
    Quote Quote