Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tannehill mobility???

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Reston, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Tannehill mobility???

Ok - I am not here to crucify RT at all. I am one of the ones out there that believes he needs far more starts under his belt before we can really judge him. Nine starts does not a career make... However, my one question is where is his supposed mobility? This dude was a WR right?? I mean I dont expect him to be RGIII, Russell Wilson or even Andrew Luck (Luck is comparable to Cam Newton running wise, look it up). I just scratch my head when I see him sit in the pocket with cement feet like Byron Leftwich used to. I guess I just thought he would be more... athletic in the pocket. Thoughts??
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminole51 View Post
    Ok - I am not here to crucify RT at all. I am one of the ones out there that believes he needs far more starts under his belt before we can really judge him. Nine starts does not a career make... However, my one question is where is his supposed mobility? This dude was a WR right?? I mean I dont expect him to be RGIII, Russell Wilson or even Andrew Luck (Luck is comparable to Cam Newton running wise, look it up). I just scratch my head when I see him sit in the pocket with cement feet like Byron Leftwich used to. I guess I just thought he would be more... athletic in the pocket. Thoughts??
    I said it in another thread . . . if Miami is planning on using a QB draw (ala Matt Schaub in 2008) to win a game near the goaline . . . they are doing a damn good job in making teams believe Tannehill isn't going to take off.

The rook has to realize we need first downs, and there is no shame in stepping up and sliding for 2 yards on 3rd and 2 and getting a new set of downs. He absolutely had several times in the game yesterday where he could of taken off and gotten the first. It certainly was frustrating watching Jake Locker do that to us the entire game and watch Tannehill miss his opportunities to do so.

I don't know what was worse . . . watching Luck complete all those 3rd down conversions throwing . . . or watching Jake Locker complete them by running/scrambling.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    These are my thoughts exactly. He takes the huge hits due to Long's failure on his blindside so it can't be out of hesitation/fear, and he seems more than capable of taking off with his feet. I have absolutely no answer to this riddle, it just straight up makes no logical sense to me what-so-ever...As you said...he was a WR for f's sake.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder if its not that he has had his bell rung and may be leery of taking off now. He was sure as heck willing to run in preseason and actually got called out on HK for diving for the 1st in practice but it seems since the Jets game he is glued behind the line.

Whatever the cause may be... poor coaching by the Phins staff to not notice it being we all have on a fan blog...

Dont underestimate the punishment the QB takes when he leaves the pocket...Pat White almost got killed on live TV
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We should put Tannehill on defense. The tackle he made on the int was better then we have seen from most of our starting defensers. lol

Don't know why he isn't running on these short 3rd downs.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Reston, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its just so weird that this is a head scratcher for everyone... I didnt watch any of RT at Texas A and M so i dont know if he was more mobile in college or not. Like one of you pointed out, in preseason he ran here and there. Not overly, just when the situation called for it. I mean I cant imagine Sherman and Philbin are sitting in meetings saying "DO NOT RUN NO MATTER WHAT". Hell, even Marino had a 10-yard TD against the Chargers one game and he was probably running a 10 second 40 by that point in his career. I understand them not wanting him to get hurt, I do, but you have to use whatever assets you have available to you on this team that really has few few playmakers.... Riddle me that....
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminole51 View Post
    Its just so weird that this is a head scratcher for everyone... I didnt watch any of RT at Texas A and M so i dont know if he was more mobile in college or not. Like one of you pointed out, in preseason he ran here and there. Not overly, just when the situation called for it. I mean I cant imagine Sherman and Philbin are sitting in meetings saying "DO NOT RUN NO MATTER WHAT". Hell, even Marino had a 10-yard TD against the Chargers one game and he was probably running a 10 second 40 by that point in his career. I understand them not wanting him to get hurt, I do, but you have to use whatever assets you have available to you on this team that really has few few playmakers.... Riddle me that....

I have noticed his mobility (roll outs, running for first downs, lateral movements) have been non-existent since the injury. I wonder if he still ailing? Otherwise, the ability to run is a young QB's best asset. Even Andrew Luck ran the ball several times with great success.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    We should put Tannehill on defense. The tackle he made on the int was better then we have seen from most of our starting defensers. lol

Don't know why he isn't running on these short 3rd downs.
    Seriously that tackle was pretty bad ass haha. Shocked me a bit.

Anyways I was just talking about this in another thread. Tannehill needs to use his legs more, if he becomes a legitimate threat outside the pocket and a threat with his legs, defensive backs will be looking back at him afraid that he may take off.

He has the athleticism to do this, I just don't see why he doesn't use it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's definitely part of his game that's been way underutilized. He timed similar to Andrew Luck and made more plays with his feet than Luck in college. I would have a few designed running plays for him and take advantage of his speed. Right now, he might be limited by the injury.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    It's definitely part of his game that's been way underutilized. He timed similar to Andrew Luck and made more plays with his feet than Luck in college. I would have a few designed running plays for him and take advantage of his speed. Right now, he might be limited by the injury.
    I forgot about the knee injury.
    Quote Quote