Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tannehill mobility???

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    I said it in another thread . . . if Miami is planning on using a QB draw (ala Matt Schaub in 2008) to win a game near the goaline . . . they are doing a damn good job in making teams believe Tannehill isn't going to take off.

The rook has to realize we need first downs, and there is no shame in stepping up and sliding for 2 yards on 3rd and 2 and getting a new set of downs. He absolutely had several times in the game yesterday where he could of taken off and gotten the first. It certainly was frustrating watching Jake Locker do that to us the entire game and watch Tannehill miss his opportunities to do so.

I don't know what was worse . . . watching Luck complete all those 3rd down conversions throwing . . . or watching Jake Locker complete them by running/scrambling.
    You and I had talked about this on the game day chat. People are comparing his stats to henne and all this stuff, and while he is making mistakes sometimes they are not the same QB. Henne couldn't move like Tannehill and Henne had that 3 second clock that led to auto check downs, even though he had a cannon (though terrible Deep accuracy). What i see in Tannehill is something I would like to see from an improved QB but PLUS the things he should be doing as a rookie, running too early or checking down too much. So I look at this as easier progression than say making Henne keep his eyes downfield or take more shots. Tannehill tries to take shots downfield with limited downfield talent on common occasion and without putting the ball in danger. Tannehill will do everything in his power to keep his eyes down field and look for the receiver to make the throw and catch. The problem is that he is a pretty good athelete and he's decently fast for a QB... but doesn't use his legs enough as a weapon. Also the checkdowns are usually late, bad throws, or not even looked at some games. I think thats fair to say and I think its easily fixable, more so than getting a QB to keep his eyes down field when facing pressure. Kind of like a reverse progression thing, if anyone knows what I mean lol

(On Miami sports teams being popular)

-“That’s not competition,” LeBron said. “That’s like you rooting for your family members. That’s not competition at all. It would be great to have him, but we’ll see.”

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just saw a blurb on NFL network. RT and Fascano are of the most dropped fantasy players this week and Fitzgerald is one of the most picked up.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    even though his knee injury wasn;t serious and his quad strain. I think that might have a lot to do with it, as it still might be ailing and very sore and as for qbs having an injury to their knee, they can be a bit tentative to run sometimes. If or when his knee is feeling better, you might see him run more, but he still might be hesitant running right now.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehil better use his mobility since Long is not doing a good enough job at protecting his blind side.
    Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything. Larry Csonka

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfanaz View Post
    Everyone is questioning Tanne and his athletic ability, and I agree for the most part that he is under using it, he should run for some of these 1st downs if he has the open space to do so. But I think more of the blame needs to fall on Sherman regarding this. I know he can't make Tanne scramble for the first down but he can call designed roll outs using Tannes legs. He has already proven he is an accurate passer on the run, I just don't know why we don't see more roll outs which are very common in a WCO.

It would also do wonders to help mask some of the issues on our OLine AND it would allow our WRs more time to get separation, which is something they need help with.
    ill tell you why you dont see more roll outs is because we dont have the WRs to get open in that kinda offensive plays all we have are slot receivers and why roll out when the receivers we have are cutting across the field ,by the time he rolls out the play that the wrs are running is and will be over , say he fakes the handoff and rolls out by the time he fakes the handoff he needs to throw the ball because the wrs have done and ran there route and should have done had the ball thrown at/to them, and with the WRs we have rollouts just dont work well with what we have to work with at WR .we need taller WRs and true WCO WRs to run the WCO , AND we just dont have them at this point.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Seriously, the guy was a WR for a stint in college. He has athleticism and mobility to spare for days. He was playing hurt the last 2 weeks with the knee/quad injury and a brace on that leg. Earlier in the season, one of his strengths was rolling out of the pocket and extending the play, and throwing accurately outside the pocket. I beleive he said this week that he's just starting to feel close to 100%. This is a non-issue.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse,NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that Tanny should use his feet a little more, but with that said ,I also think our coaches should help him with more targets. Look if Hartline and Bess are having a hard time getting open like in Titan game, give our other guys like Clay,Miller,Moore and Gaffney more plays. Maybe it will make defenses make a few more adjustments. just saying...
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sodenj5 View Post
    Seriously, the guy was a WR for a stint in college. He has athleticism and mobility to spare for days. He was playing hurt the last 2 weeks with the knee/quad injury and a brace on that leg. Earlier in the season, one of his strengths was rolling out of the pocket and extending the play, and throwing accurately outside the pocket. I beleive he said this week that he's just starting to feel close to 100%. This is a non-issue.
    I saw too where he said he was just starting to feel closer to 100%. I REALLY didn't want to see him play in the Colts game. I felt that he should have been given a chance to heal up a bit. Hell he only took half the snaps, and at times he LOOKED uncomfortable in that game. But I guess the "need" for the NFL to have two first round picks going at it was just too damned important.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    im thinking as he gets more comfortable his running game will evolve a bit. even though he is familiar with the system im sure he is still adjusting to the speed of the defenses in the nfl. i dont want the kid getting his ass kicked every week like roethlisberger, or cam newton, but like you guys have said some makeable third down conversions would help tremendously within the offense.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by jfleag61 View Post
    I saw too where he said he was just starting to feel closer to 100%. I REALLY didn't want to see him play in the Colts game. I felt that he should have been given a chance to heal up a bit. Hell he only took half the snaps, and at times he LOOKED uncomfortable in that game. But I guess the "need" for the NFL to have two first round picks going at it was just too damned important.
    I don't buy this conspiracy theory nonsense. Do you really think that if Philbin, and more importanatly Tanny, didn't feel he was up to playing they would have rolled him out there anyways to appease the leagues perceived desire to watch the two of them duel it out? Do you really think a coach and his staff would risk their franchise QB for that?

Come on man, get ****ing real!

Quote Quote