Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tannehill mobility???

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think where his mobility has decreased the most is in the pocket. Doesn't appear to be as agile anymore in there.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    "RT is still learning the position, heck, before you know it he will have more pro starts than college starts.

The best way to learn the position is with his arm, not his legs. This year is a learning process for him and learning to be a pocket passer is more important than seeing him scramble around the field. Sure, making plays with your feet is important, but learning his progressions and improving his pocket awareness is far more important in developing a REAL good QB, as opposed to a flash in the pan journeyman.

One of the best things about RT is that he does what he is told. I can't be sure, but I'm willing to bet the coaching staff has told him to stay in the pocket and avoid injury. After all, what good is it for his development sitting on the sideline?

This is a bunch of crap. Playing winning football is what the coaches want to see out of Tannehill. Making good decisions. The decision to pick up first downs in short yardage is the decision every one wants to see. If this guy can't walk and chew gum at the same time then what damn good is he?
    Sounds about right except staying in the pocket and getting your head seperated from your body because our all pro left tackle missed another assignment negates this theory. In fact I can think of numerous occasions when Ryan would have been much safer getting the hell out of dodge.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Knee injury - aside -

They want to groom Tannehill as pocket passer - so that is what we are seeing so early in his career

When he gets more comfortable he will tote the rock

It would be harder to teach him to stay in the poket than to teach him to run at every opportunity to convey a 1st down

Small steps people - small steps just a few big league starts under his belt

Originally Posted by SkapePhin - Here is one thing I will guarantee... When all is said and done, Jeff Ireland will be viewed as a better Dolphins GM than Dennis Hickey. Take that to the bank. Buckle up folks! (26/01/2014)

Quote Quote