Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tannehill mobility???

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Myers
    Thanks / No Thanks
    RT is still learning the position, heck, before you know it he will have more pro starts than college starts.

The best way to learn the position is with his arm, not his legs. This year is a learning process for him and learning to be a pocket passer is more important than seeing him scramble around the field. Sure, making plays with your feet is important, but learning his progressions and improving his pocket awareness is far more important in developing a REAL good QB, as opposed to a flash in the pan journeyman.

One of the best things about RT is that he does what he is told. I can't be sure, but I'm willing to bet the coaching staff has told him to stay in the pocket and avoid injury. After all, what good is it for his development sitting on the sideline?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It bothers me. Even last year Henne and Moore were willing to take off if the opportunity presented itself. I am thinking that this is the coaches fault.
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This aspect of Tannehill is disconcerting. Knowing when to run and when to hang in and make a throw are just one of those innate talent skills that separate the winners from the losers. If he's pushed, than Tanny could start looking to run all the time and ignore open receivers downfield. This kind of decision-making just has to happen organically and so far Tanny doesn't seem to have the knack to figure this out. It's very disappointing. I get the sense that while Tanny could run kinda fast, he's not a very good athlete and he doesn't seem to have 'it' between the ears.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "RT is still learning the position, heck, before you know it he will have more pro starts than college starts.

The best way to learn the position is with his arm, not his legs. This year is a learning process for him and learning to be a pocket passer is more important than seeing him scramble around the field. Sure, making plays with your feet is important, but learning his progressions and improving his pocket awareness is far more important in developing a REAL good QB, as opposed to a flash in the pan journeyman.

One of the best things about RT is that he does what he is told. I can't be sure, but I'm willing to bet the coaching staff has told him to stay in the pocket and avoid injury. After all, what good is it for his development sitting on the sideline?

This is a bunch of crap. Playing winning football is what the coaches want to see out of Tannehill. Making good decisions. The decision to pick up first downs in short yardage is the decision every one wants to see. If this guy can't walk and chew gum at the same time then what damn good is he?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    The Futures of the NFL

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    this aspect of tannehill is disconcerting. Knowing when to run and when to hang in and make a throw are just one of those innate talent skills that separate the winners from the losers. If he's pushed, than tanny could start looking to run all the time and ignore open receivers downfield. This kind of decision-making just has to happen organically and so far tanny doesn't seem to have the knack to figure this out. It's very disappointing. I get the sense that while tanny could run kinda fast, he's not a very good athlete and he doesn't seem to have 'it' between the ears.
    tannehill was going to be a damn surgeon before he chose to go to the nfl. So dont give me that mambo jambo bull that he doesn't have "it" b/w the ears.
    1. Sign Mike Wallace
    2. Resign Smith, Hartline, Starks, & Fasano.
    3. Draft CB Rd. 1
    4. Draft FS & "Seam Threat" TE Rd. 2
    5. Draft WR & DE Rd. 3
    6. Draft LB

Hater's shake my hand, but i keep that sanitizer on DECK!

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Myers
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This aspect of Tannehill is disconcerting. Knowing when to run and when to hang in and make a throw are just one of those innate talent skills that separate the winners from the losers. If he's pushed, than Tanny could start looking to run all the time and ignore open receivers downfield. This kind of decision-making just has to happen organically and so far Tanny doesn't seem to have the knack to figure this out. It's very disappointing. I get the sense that while Tanny could run kinda fast, he's not a very good athlete and he doesn't seem to have 'it' between the ears.
    This is a bunch of crap. Playing winning football is what the coaches want to see out of Tannehill. Making good decisions. The decision to pick up first downs in short yardage is the decision every one wants to see. If this guy can't walk and chew gum at the same time then what damn good is he?
    So you would rather see him play like RG3?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Everyone is questioning Tanne and his athletic ability, and I agree for the most part that he is under using it, he should run for some of these 1st downs if he has the open space to do so. But I think more of the blame needs to fall on Sherman regarding this. I know he can't make Tanne scramble for the first down but he can call designed roll outs using Tannes legs. He has already proven he is an accurate passer on the run, I just don't know why we don't see more roll outs which are very common in a WCO.

It would also do wonders to help mask some of the issues on our OLine AND it would allow our WRs more time to get separation, which is something they need help with.
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Tannehill mobility???

Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    It's definitely part of his game that's been way underutilized. He timed similar to Andrew Luck and made more plays with his feet than Luck in college. I would have a few designed running plays for him and take advantage of his speed. Right now, he might be limited by the injury.
    I believe the knee injury while not serious is affecting his confidence. One of the challenges for NFL quarterbacks is to continue to play well while injured. My opinion is that RT is having problems overcoming this challenge. He is missing some easier throws because he is tentative while stepping into the throw. I believe this is a mental challenge he needs to overcome.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    It does seem like he's holding back. where have the rollouts been? where is the run for the first down? just how bad is this knee injury?

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Robert Griffin III 529 yards rushing...6.5 yards per rush
    Ryan Tannehill 23 yards rushing.....1.2 yards per rush
    Andrew Luck 159 yards rushing....4.7 yards per rush
    Russell Wilson 189 yards rushing....3.6 yards per rush

At least Tannehill is equal to Marino's 1.2 yard per rush average for his entire career
    Quote Quote