Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Bush was benched for a fumble, why wasn't Tannehill benched at Half Time?

1. -1
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

If Bush was benched for a fumble, why wasn't Tannehill benched at Half Time?

I talked about this is a chat room during the game. Tannehill was not going to get any better in that game and he needs to learn that there are many "punishments" for throwing foolish interceptions.

I was not saying bench Tannehill for good, just for the 2nd half.

This is not a even way to run a team. You cannot bench the starting running back over a fumble and not bench the rookie QB after he throws two bad interceptions.

Again, I'm not saying replace Tannehill (please read and understand this), I'm saying when it is clear that he is being overwhelmed and is making mistakes, and since we do have a once starting QB as a back up, put in the back up to finish and maybe even win the game.

And if your argument is that it will destroy Tannehill confidence or whatever, then let's get rid of him now. If he cannot take sitting down for a half when he is playing bad, then we do not want him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    jax, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he's in the clear b/c he's on the fast track to learning / rookie getting as many live reps. as possible- no matter the outcome.

Dolphins have more fun!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    It would have been dumb benching Tannehill . . . just like it was dumb benching Bush for the equivalant of 2 quarters.

Philbin said one thing right . . . that was a team loss, from the coaches to all of the players . . . however to single guys out as "sending messages" reeked of a rookie HC that was looking to defer some blame for his teams poor performance. I mean seriously . . . your out Incognito . . . Nate Garner . . . get in there
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reps when you are playing bad helps no one.

MIAMI -- Miami Dolphins tailback and team leader Reggie Bush was benched for the entire second quarter after an early fumble in Sunday’s 37-3 loss to the Tennessee Titans.

But Bush supported head coach Joe Philbin’s decision.

“I didn’t deserve to be back in the game,” Bush said candidly after the game. “I fumbled the ball and I’ve had two fumbles lost this year, so I’ve got to do a better job protecting the ball.”

Bush added he would’ve “benched myself” if he were coaching the team. Bush eventually returned in the third quarter but didn’t get many opportunities with Miami behind. He rushed for 21 yards on four carries.

Bush got off to a fast start this year but has struggled since injuring his knee against the New York Jets. Bush says his knee is fine and that’s not the reason for his struggles.

The pending free agent could be entering the doghouse of Miami’s coaching staff. Backups Daniel Thomas and rookie Lamar Miller have been getting increased work the past couple of games. The Dolphins will play Thursday against the Buffalo Bills.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tanne is learning the game. Benching him would've done NOTHING except rattle his confidence. Matt Moore isn't the future of this team and we live and die with Tanne until it is PROVEN he can not play in this league. That isn't even close to being proven yet so how about all you girls untwist your panties and sit down!

The Fins had us excited at the prospects of a playoff berth, now we know were not a play off team. Like we KNEW coming into this season. Temper your expectations a little bit and give Tanne time to develop.
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    If a thread exactly like this one was already made and had established that it sucks, why make another one?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    MIA#1

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That fumble basically gave the titans momentum, Bush needs to hold that fking ball plain and simple
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is it just me or did the coaching staff slow down the game tempo? It seemed like the entire game there was no hurry up to the line to snap the ball...not like we practiced or rushed to the line in the first 4-5 games of the season. And why not let Tann. roll out anymore? he seems very comfortable moving out of the pocket when designed to...i was at a loss watching this game, i blame the coaching staff.

OK to send the message to Bush (I guess) but I somewhat agree with why not sit Tann. in the second half...game out of reach, maybe Moore can spark the "O" a little? Why risk injury to our franchise/rookie QB at that point...i get the whole as many reps as possible, but not in that game, it was just pure ugliness
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    I talked about this is a chat room during the game. Tannehill was not going to get any better in that game and he needs to learn that there are many "punishments" for throwing foolish interceptions.

I was not saying bench Tannehill for good, just for the 2nd half.

This is not a even way to run a team. You cannot bench the starting running back over a fumble and not bench the rookie QB after he throws two bad interceptions.

Again, I'm not saying replace Tannehill (please read and understand this), I'm saying when it is clear that he is being overwhelmed and is making mistakes, and since we do have a once starting QB as a back up, put in the back up to finish and maybe even win the game.

And if your argument is that it will destroy Tannehill confidence or whatever, then let's get rid of him now. If he cannot take sitting down for a half when he is playing bad, then we do not want him.
    Sorry but that's apples and oranges imo.Now I'm not saying I'd have benched Bush for the fumble but he has not been playing well the last few weeks. You can't just be changing QB's like you can with RB's.That's just my 2 cents.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reggie Bush is an established veteran who knows that holding onto the football is his most important job function. Either you hold on to the ball or you don't -- it's that simple. For two weeks in a row, his carelessness has cost the team immensely. Tannehill, on the other hand, is an NFL rookie playing a QB position, whereby many variables can lead to an interception. A batted ball at the line of scrimmage (check!) and a missed PI call (check!) are just a few of the things that can happen. In addition, when Philbin decided to go with Tanny, he knew there'd be rookie bumps along the road. Pulling RT would have shaken his confidence and hindered his long-term development; while yanking Bush will get him motivated and refocused on improving.

Did anyone see Russ Wilson play against the Jets yesterday? His line blocked beautifully, Lynch ran like a beast, and his wide-outs made phenomenal catches. Hell, his defense even played lights-out. When you have a rookie QB, you have to make it as easy for him as possible. Going into Indy, that's what the Dolphins were doing. Since then, they've crumbled around him. It's very disappointing.
    Quote Quote