Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben Stein's Opinion on Petraeus

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I could never understand peoples desire to rush to judgment on issues that are still unfolding. As already mentioned the early reports are that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor knew in October. Well before President Obama did but honestly who knows for sure at this point? Also I keep hearing how this is some how a way to "cover up" what happened in benghazi. Do people really believe this? General Petraeus sacrificed his lustrous career in order to take a bullet for Obama? Do you believe this? Think about it if this is some how a cover up its going to be a piss poor one as Petraeus is still going to be required to testify.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    This is the part that I have the most problem with, he is certainly not any Republican's golden boy that I know. We think he was a RINO at best and a moron at worst or maybe both! All we have heard for four years and certainly throughout Obama's campaign is that everything is Bush's fault. Maybe I am just a little sensitive to this; if so, my bad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I apologize, I didn't mean that in regards to you, but to the far right who still adore the guy. Most moderate Republicans I speak with aren't a fan of the guy...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Ben Stein's Opinion on Petraeus

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I apologize, I didn't mean that in regards to you, but to the far right who still adore the guy. Most moderate Republicans I speak with aren't a fan of the guy...
    No apology necessary but I appreciate it nonetheless. I apologize for unloading my frustration on you as well. We all tend to get a little testy about these things...probably because we care about the USA. You are alright, no matter what they say about you.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LandShark13 View Post
    I could never understand peoples desire to rush to judgment on issues that are still unfolding. As already mentioned the early reports are that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor knew in October. Well before President Obama did but honestly who knows for sure at this point? Also I keep hearing how this is some how a way to "cover up" what happened in benghazi. Do people really believe this? General Petraeus sacrificed his lustrous career in order to take a bullet for Obama? Do you believe this? Think about it if this is some how a cover up its going to be a piss poor one as Petraeus is still going to be required to testify.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LandShark13 View Post
    Where did you get that from?

Democrats want answers too as to why the head of CIA screwed up and was going to have to resign but somewhere along the line a decision was made to withhold this from Congress of ongoing investigatons into the the head of the CIA that began last spring.

Senate Intelligence Committee Chairwoman Feinstein: 'We will need to talk to David Petraeus' about Benghazi

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., tells NBC's Andrea Mitchell that "a decision was made somewhere not to brief" the Senate Intelligence Committee about on the Petraeus affair and compares the scandal to "peeling an onion," saying "every day another peel comes off," revealing "a new dimension".

The chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee says she will seek testimony from former CIA Director David Petraeus, who resigned Friday as CIA director after acknowledging an extramarital affair, about the September attack on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that left four Americans dead.

“I have no doubt now that we will need to talk with David Petraeus and we will likely do that in closed session. But it will be done one way or another,” Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., told NBC News’ Andrea Mitchell on Monday.

Feinstein also she also may subpoena reports on a trip Petraeus took to Libya in the last year.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...-benghazi?lite
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon View Post
    Where did you get that from?

Democrats want answers too as to why the head of CIA screwed up and was going to have to resign but somewhere along the line a decision was made to withhold this from Congress of ongoing investigatons into the the head of the CIA that began last spring.
    Here's how House Majority Leader Eric Cantor became aware of the David Petraeus matter, according to a senior aide to Cantor.

On Saturday, Oct. 27, Cantor spoke by phone to an FBI employee who told him about an investigation, including the details about Petraeus' affair , and said he was concerned that classified information had been compromised.

Cantor then asked his chief of staff, Steve Stombres, to inform FBI Director Robert Mueller. Because the federal government was closed Monday and Tuesday of that week because to Hurricane Sandy, Stombres did not connect with Mueller's chief of staff until Wednesday, Oct. 31. Mueller took the information, but gave no indication whether there was an investigation, according to the aide.

The senior aide also said Cantor did not inform anyone else.

Indeed, House Speaker John Boehner did not find out about Cantor's role in this until the story (of Cantor's contact with the FBI) broke two days ago . Cantor believed the FBI agent was credible enough to pass on the information to Mueller, but, given that it was a single source whom he had never met, he did not believe there was a need to pass the information on to his fellow House leaders.
    http://news.yahoo.com/eric-cantor-an...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

No mention of when Obama learned, but at the end of the day that hardly matters. Even if Obama comes out and says "i learned about it ____", people will accuse of him starting a conspiracy....much like they are already doing.

At the moment, im not sure how Obama can be faulted here. Petraeus was considered something of a rock star, a man widely respected for his self control and restraint. Many people were stunned at this entire saga because it was so out of character. As well, Petraeus will probably be testifying about Benghazi anyways, regardless of whats going on with his resignation. Maybe some new information will show Obama personally ordered Patraeus to bang his biographer, but until then this entire thing is overblown.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If youve seen a picture of his wife and a picture of the journalist he was smashing, you really dont need a conspiracy theory to explain it.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this thing is a mess
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    We may die, but our actions are immortal

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    northern virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is stupid... it looks to me like America lost a good public servant over nothing... dude likes to crush hot chicks... can't serve country... that makes since... thank goodness we've never had that happen before... what if our history had the media exposure and moral litmus tests that today's figures must endure? Jefferson, Roosevelt, Kennedy... not that these more public offerings would be the end of the feast... seems dumb... slap wrist, and, if no crime, back to work... but that's just my opinion...

So... this is funny... right after I wrote this... I ran onto this article... http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...b7a_story.html
    Last edited by poornate; 11-13-2012 at 10:58 PM. Reason: An Addition
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
    Quote Quote