Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins Have Not Had Major Talks With Four Impending FAs/Reggie Bush likely gone!!

1. -41
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Funny how that works
    Unless he signs with the pats, which is the greatest fear of all those that want to hold on to every damn player that ever wears aqua and orange. This is, of course, despite the fact that Wake would destroy Long.

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This team just seems destined for 8-8 hell into perpetuity (or worse). We can never keep a roster of talented players because we're always mismanaging our salary cap. We overplay for mediocrity while legit talent keeps walking out the door.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hartline - he will probably have a 1000 yard season receiving. He would be a great #3 receiver if he doesnt ask for too much

Starks - He needs to stay

Fasano- Nice knowing you

Long - Good luck, but I dont want him here anymore

Smith -
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess I look at it this way what would make our team more complete today. OK 1st probaly is a stud pass rusher, followed by a number #1 WR and shut down CB and FS. So that gets us to the last pick of the 3rd round and guard and LB stick out IMO. Soo we are replacing Clemons, Gafney, Marshall and Odrick positions. Ordrick could be moved inside to replace Starks, Marshall could move to nickle or safty to replace Clemons and Gafney relased to be resigned if needed due to injuries. Clemons would fill in as a backup saftey. There is an issue with the WR positon on this team because it takes intelligence and talent to run it the way Sherman and Philbin are looking for. Proof look at Gafney and the time it took for him to learn it and in fact outside of Bess and Hartline most of our guys must not get it. The last game we won Moore threw the ball less on timing routes and more on players position to the ball. Hate to say it but in terms of a catchable ball I think Moore throws a better one than RT to his WR. RT throws a lazer and Moore a arch.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok I haven't read every dam post but if Thomas is the starter next year imma flip. Now I know Bush isn't the best but signing him to a lower deal would work. he is a playmaker that a team needs . I bet he goes to the pats and we will pay as in the passing game he will kill us. we need to use him more fore passing down and he is so much more productive then Thomas with the same touches. feed bush 20 plus plays and he makes more chunk yards then neg plays..... plus the great Barry Sanders had ton of neg yardage plays but then would break a big one . give bush a shot, loosing him just opens up another hole on this team.....

now if L. Miller becomes great off the nice runs he has had then I will love to be wrong. dunno if he is a great catching RB tho. I love pass catching RB so let's get bush going please. this last two games isn't all on him tho......

I agree tho hartline and Starks must stay
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looking into the crystal ball, here's how I think it plays out:

Long - franchised. We have too many holes to fill in the draft to add LT to the list. We'll see how he plays during his franchise season and if he still struggles then we let him walk after that.

Starks - wave bye bye. He's gone. Too expensive and we can kick Odrick inside fulltime where he belongs. We'll be drafting another DE is off season to add more depth to the line.

Hartline - perfect #2 WR for this offense, he gets extended.

Smith - wildcard. If the money's right, resign him as a #2 CB. If he comes in demanding top 10 CB money, put on the Colts game tape and then start negotiating with him. He WILL have a cap friendly contract or he can kick rocks. Let someone else try to coach the softness out of him.

Bush - some what of a wildcard but most likely gone. If Bush will sign a cap friendly contract as a utility type reciever threat running back that he should be then by all means sign him back. Daniel Thomas has one more season after this one to develop any kind of running instinct before he gets cut.

Most likely we'll be looking at the 2014 draft to get a new LT and RB. Thomas won't cut it and Miller isn't an every down back. Perhaps Long returns to his old self next season but I'm not holding my breath. The other big question is exactly how much cap room will we have for 2014 after Ireland screws up the 2013 off season.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anybody who says Tag Long is F**King crazy. NO WAY should he be paid $14 MIL next season. I do not see one fricking iota of logic behind this.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Getting rid of players, who are not as good as what we would like, is one thing. Replacing them is another. So, who are we replacing all the players we are getting rid of? You knew there would be a catch in getting rid of players? No?
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Reggie is getting a jets tattoo next year
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Bush gone? Im stunned. /sarcasm

Starks and Hartline are keepers. Sean Smith, as poorly as he plays sometimes is not exactly the worst corner in the league. He is worth keeping for the right price. He is not exactly a player that would be easily replaceable.
    I'm with you on that. Hartline can still excel with a true No.1 on the team. Starks is a good DT and Smith can be a good CB when he wants. I like Reggie Bush a lot but wouldn't be disappointed if he left.

Quote Quote