Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins Have Not Had Major Talks With Four Impending FAs/Reggie Bush likely gone!!

1. -81
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Too bad we don't have multiple franchise tags so we can just franchise tag everybody. God forbid we let any players go, no matter how bad they're playing. Once they're in aqua and orange, they should be untouchable. Letting them walk would create "holes." If only there were ways of filling those "holes" (no, not those kind Filthy), you know, say a "draft" or "free agency;" places where a team might "upgrade" a position.

Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Smith is a scrub and Bush is the fumble king. I think Miller can do just as good of job or better then Bush. Long has looked like crap. I say resign none of them and keep Starks. Least he is trying.

Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Seriously?? The pats are one of the worst drafting teams there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Perception is greater than reality I guess. SCOTTY is right, Pats are not good at the draft.

If you looked through my post from a few weeks ago you'll notice they have drafted the most players from 2006-2010 and more than half of them are no longer in the NFL, less than 30% of them are still on the team. Pats are good at free agency...not so good at the draft.

http://www.finheaven.com/show...highlight=2006
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    The Futures of the NFL

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Imo i would draft cb round 1 and move sean smith to fs. He has the size to play there. This way it allows him to watch the qb eyes and make plays on the ball since he cant turn his head at the cb position. So we got round 1 cb and carroll on the boundary and have marshall in the slot or vice versa with carroll and marshall.
    1. Sign Mike Wallace
    2. Resign Smith, Hartline, Starks, & Fasano.
    3. Draft CB Rd. 1
    4. Draft FS & "Seam Threat" TE Rd. 2
    5. Draft WR & DE Rd. 3
    6. Draft LB

Hater's shake my hand, but i keep that sanitizer on DECK!

Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    So... you don't know anything about football? LOL, take a look at their draft record over the last 5 years. It's so hilarious how unknowledgable fan such as yourself automatically assume the Pats are awesome talent evaluators simply because they are the Pats. That's what is truely laughable.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Perception is greater than reality I guess. SCOTTY is right, Pats are not good at the draft.

If you looked through my post from a few weeks ago you'll notice they have drafted the most players from 2006-2010 and more than half of them are no longer in the NFL, less than 30% of them are still on the team. Pats are good at free agency...not so good at the draft.

http://www.finheaven.com/show...highlight=2006
    It is very difficult for draft picks to stick on a team that has been OUTSTANDING from 2006-2010
    The Patriots had a record of 63-17 during that time period
    While we had a record of 32-48 over the same time frame
    Which team should have had more draft picks stick...A great team of a crappy team?

2006 we have 0 players left on the team out of 5 drafted

2007 we have 2 players left on this team out of 10 players drafted

We came off of a 1-15 season with a terrible team headed into the draft where we should
    have drafted the nucleus of this team for years instead we have ONE player left out of 9 draft picks still on the team

Just those 3 years we have 3 draft picks on this team out of 24 picks ..a 12.5% success rate
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just said this in another thread.

Resign, Starks, Hartline, Smith, Long and Fasano. We need all of these guys back. Smith unless he wants to top 5 money should come back. Corners are a need in this league even if they allow Tds every game. Hartline is a solid number 2. Starks is a beast. Long is an above average LT in this league and they get paid. Posting the Pats salaries lets see what Vollmer gets paid this offsesason I bet around 7-8 million as well. If we can get Long at 10mil we take it. The nice thing about Long and Smith is they aren't playing perfect which should allow us to sign them maybe a little lower than market and not create more holes and take and even bigger step backwards next year. Long may not be playing up to what all you want but do we know how bad or good the new LT would be? Devil you know... Bush I also believe would come back on a reasonable deal. These guys should all come back at reasonable deals other than maybe Starks. Even then I think we should bring him back.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Seriously?? The pats are one of the worst drafting teams there is.
    I didn't say they were a good drafting team. I just said that our FO isn't as good as their FO at evaluating talent. The Pats have whiffed on plenty of talent. We've wiffed on more, IMO.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    I didn't say they were a good drafting team. I just said that our FO isn't as good as their FO at evaluating talent. The Pats have whiffed on plenty of talent. We've wiffed on more, IMO.
    The draft is what demonstrates a teams ability to evalute talent. They are one in the same. And I have to disagree that we have whiffed on more then the Pats. Of the players selected, we hit on more starters and players that remain in NFL after leaving drafting team than the Pats. Compare the two - use datruth55 link to his older post. The saving grace for the Pats is a 6th round flier that brought them 3 rings. This allows many fans to overlook just how bad the Pats are at evaluating talent.
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a proud dragon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we do not re-sign Jake Long, why did we not trade him?

I am a big fan of Jake Long, but I also do not want to overpay. If Philbin believes like most do he will not be a top 5 LT in a zone blocking scheme, IMO we will have to let him go.
    Quote Quote