Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins Have Not Had Major Talks With Four Impending FAs/Reggie Bush likely gone!!

1. -71
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    Paying Jake Long $14+ million to franchise is absurd

EVERY offensive line player on the Patriots could be had for $14,510,000 this season

Mankins...$7 million
    Connolly..$2.3 mil
    Solder.....$1.9 mil
    Wendell...$950k
    Cannon...$531k
    Aiken......$465k
    Thomas...$750k
    McDonald..$540k

Plus Long isn't very good in this zone blocking scheme
    Wonder why we don't have any playmakers next season just look
    to the left tackle with the suitcases full of money
    Ok sure we'll just let him walk. Now which position do we do without in the next draft to replace him? That #1 CB everyone is clamoring for? Maybe that immediate impact pass rusher that we need? I know we'll do without that #1 receiver because we cut a perfectly servicable (and perhaps more if he gets back to something approaching his previous form) and now have to use our #1 or one of our #2's to replace him with a rookie that may or may not even play at Long's 2012 level.

What? We can fill one of those spots with a FA? Yeah with Ireland's track record in free agency, I don't trust him to find one of those positions of need.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    There is no room for truth on the internet miamiron. Plus, when was the last time the Pats won the Superbowl, geez.
    We're not the Pats and no one in this front office is as good at evaluating talent as the Pats' front office is.
    Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Ok sure we'll just let him walk. Now which position do we do without in the next draft to replace him? That #1 CB everyone is clamoring for? Maybe that immediate impact pass rusher that we need? I know we'll do without that #1 receiver because we cut a perfectly servicable (and perhaps more if he gets back to something approaching his previous form) and now have to use our #1 or one of our #2's to replace him with a rookie that may or may not even play at Long's 2012 level.

What? We can fill one of those spots with a FA? Yeah with Ireland's track record in free agency, I don't trust him to find one of those positions of need.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

We're not the Pats and no one in this front office is as good at evaluating talent as the Pats' front office is.
    Seriously?? The pats are one of the worst drafting teams there is.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Seriously?? The pats are one of the worst drafting teams there is.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Re-sign Jake Long, Hartline, Starks & Fasano......let Reggie Bush walk. He is 28 and as stated previously easiest position to fill.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is no way Ireland is getting out of this mess without at least half of this board going ballistic. It would be a feat but its possible he could piss everybody off.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe we'll pull a trade like the marlins did and trade 5 of our players for 7 of another team.....lol

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirspud View Post
    Sure, DT can hypothetically gain just as many yards as Reggie in a short yardage situation, but he's doing it against extra d-lineman, 8 and 9 man fronts, in situations where everyone knows to focus on him, running plays that are designed and called for the relative certainty of getting the one or two yards needed instead of the potential for large gains. And of course, this doesn't include goalline carries for Thomas, where he literally can only gain one or two yards no matter how well he runs.

I mean, Tannehill could get a TD pass by throwing the ball 5 yards and having the receiver break 10 tackles on the way to the end zone, but he's probably more likely to get a TD pass if he throws the ball to a receiver in the end zone.
    I just broke it all down. The short yardage carries are virtually the same between the two backs. Thus disputing any theory that dt is limited in his production due to the short yardage argument.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Dolfan from São Paulo - Brazil

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    São Paulo - Brazil
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The thing is, we should re-sign Long, Hartline, Starks, Fasano and Bush. At reasonable prices that is...

For all I'm hearing Bush and Long will want elite money and they are not worth it IMO so let them walk.

The only thing that scares me is that I think Ireland will do whatever it takes to keep Long and that's not a good thing. He is not elite anymore, but hey, we an always draft another lineman with our fist pick... SMH
    Hoping for the best but expecting the worst...

"We are going to out-tough you. Here comes a bunch of Guards. We are going to push our way to the Super Bowl, 3 yards at a time." Le Batard

"The Dolphins are bringing Guards to a Wide Receivers party" Stugotz

"I know one thing about these guys, they're not going to stop quitting." Chad Henne

twitter @marcio_oli
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    3rd Year QB Proving my Worth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PS4 ControllerTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    Reggie Bush is a situational mismatch, not an every down back.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we HAVE to sign Starks and Smith, even if Smith isnt playing great as of late, he is still our best CB and from what we saw from Marshall, he isnt too good. We cant make more holes in our secondary. Hartline would be nice to have, along with a true #1, but not if he is demanding too much money. Starks has to come back as he is one of the leaders on def and the reason our run D is so good. Long is a toss up because he is still a dominant LT, but he cant demand too much money because we dont NEED a top 3 LT. The top 3 LTs are on garbage teams, and the top teams dont have top LT, just solid Olines. If you can honestly name the top 3 teams (Houston, ATL, and Chicago) and name thier starting LT....the best teams dont have big name Linemen, just some good players who do their job and protect the QB. He would be nice to have, but we dont NEED Long. Plus Id rather use that money to sign more offensive weapons like a TE or WR.
    Quote Quote