Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL week 10 draft order

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17

Draft NFL week 10 draft order

Here it is for those that care.

1. Kansas City 1-8 SOS .507
    2. Jacksonville 1-8 SOS .558
    3. Cleveland 2-7 SOS .503
    4. Carolina 2-7 SOS .527
    5. Oakland 3-6 SOS .451
    6. Buffalo 3-6 SOS .466
    7. Philadelphia 3-6 SOS .493
    8. St. Louis (via Washington) 3-6 SOS .500
    9. Jets 3-6 SOS .514
    10. St. Louis 3-5-1 SOS .565
    11. Tennessee 4-6 SOS .545
    12. Cincinnati 4-5 SOS .448
    13. San Diego 4-5 SOS .448
    14. Miami 4-5 SOS .479
    15. Dallas 4-5 SOS .486
    16. New Orleans 4-5 SOS .500
    17. Arizona 4-5 SOS .558
    18. Detroit 4-5 SOS .595
    19. Tampa Bay 5-4 SOS .462
    20. Giants 6-4 SOS .490
    21. Seattle 6-4 SOS .503
    22. Minnesota 6-4 SOS .555
    23. Pittsburgh 6-3 SOS .432
    24. Indianapolis 6-3 SOS .463
    25. Denver 6-3 SOS .472
    26. New England 6-3 SOS .493
    27. Green Bay 6-3 SOS .557
    28. San Francisco 6-2-1 SOS .514
    29. Baltimore 7-2 SOS .469
    30. Chicago 7-2 SOS .520
    31. Atlanta 8-1 SOS .414
    32. Houston 8-1 SOS .503
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Could be back with a top 10 pick if we lose on Thurs.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Taking a quick look at some mocks and team needs...an early guess to how the draft falls I would say something like this:

1. KC - QB Matt Barkley
    2. Jags - QB Geno Smith
    3. Cleveland - DT Johnathan Hankins
    4. Carolina - DT Star Lotulelei
    5. Oakland - CB Dee Milliner
    6. Buffalo - QB Tyler Wilson
    7. Philly - LT Luke Joeckel
    8. St. Louis - LT Taylor Lewan
    9. Jets - DE\OLB Barkevious Mingo
    10. St. Louis - OLB Javis Jones
    11. Tennessee - DE Sam Montgomery
    12. Cincinnati - FS Eric Reid
    13. San Diego - WR Keenen Allen

That leaves us a few options...DE Demontre Moore, OT Jake Matthews, DE Bjoern Werner, CB Johnthan Banks, WR Justin Hunter. If those were the choices I'd take Demontre Moore and look to get Desmond Trufant with our first 2nd rounder or Terry Hawthorne with the late 2nd rounder.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Taking a quick look at some mocks and team needs...an early guess to how the draft falls I would say something like this:

1. KC - QB Matt Barkley
    2. Jags - QB Geno Smith
    3. Cleveland - DT Johnathan Hankins
    4. Carolina - DT Star Lotulelei
    5. Oakland - CB Dee Milliner
    6. Buffalo - QB Tyler Wilson
    7. Philly - LT Luke Joeckel
    8. St. Louis - LT Taylor Lewan
    9. Jets - DE\OLB Barkevious Mingo
    10. St. Louis - OLB Javis Jones
    11. Tennessee - DE Sam Montgomery
    12. Cincinnati - FS Eric Reid
    13. San Diego - WR Keenen Allen

That leaves us a few options...DE Demontre Moore, OT Jake Matthews, DE Bjoern Werner, CB Johnthan Banks, WR Justin Hunter. If those were the choices I'd take Demontre Moore and look to get Desmond Trufant with our first 2nd rounder or Terry Hawthorne with the late 2nd rounder.
    Please remove Matthews from our list of possibles with our first pick. Not happening. Am I missing T'eo? No way he doesn't go top 10. Don't be surprosed if KC goes Smith insted of Barkley. It won't effect us, but I can see Geno going #1. I think Keenen has a chance to fall to us at 14. Then our pick is a no brainer. Then we go best DE on the board with our second pick.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Please remove Matthews from our list of possibles with our first pick. Not happening. Am I missing T'eo? No way he doesn't go top 10. Don't be surprosed if KC goes Smith insted of Barkley. It won't effect us, but I can see Geno going #1. I think Keenen has a chance to fall to us at 14. Then our pick is a no brainer. Then we go best DE on the board with our second pick.
    If they let Jake Long walk Matthews is a possibility...and a probability given Ireland's history with playing it safe.

I can see Te'o landing with the Jets or Cincy but those are really the only teams in the top 14 that may have a need at MLB.

If Chan Gailey stays in Buffalo another year I can see them making a push for Geno Smith...that's a Chan Gailey type QB but if KC is smart they'll stick with Barkley.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If they let Jake Long walk Matthews is a possibility...and a probability given Ireland's history with playing it safe.

I can see Te'o landing with the Jets or Cincy but those are really the only teams in the top 14 that may have a need at MLB.

If Chan Gailey stays in Buffalo another year I can see them making a push for Geno Smith...that's a Chan Gailey type QB but if KC is smart they'll stick with Barkley.
    Even if Long walks, we still do not take LT with our first. It's not happening. Philbin will push this. He needs play makers and we can find a servicable LT in the 3rd if needed. Te'o is definitely a pick I can see the Jets going with. This guy is serious top 10 talent. I think he has an off chance at the Heisman. I don't get the whole "smart" comment. Personally I feel Barkely is unbelievably over rated. Much like EVERY single QB that comes out of USC. I think the "smart" pick would be Smith. This guys is way more athletic than Barkley, more accuate and is a film whore. Barkley is surrounded with more talent and still cannot produce. If I'm a betting man, I say Smith has a better NFL career than Barkley.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even if Long walks, we still do not take LT with our first. It's not happening. Philbin will push this. He needs play makers and we can find a servicable LT in the 3rd if needed. Te'o is definitely a pick I can see the Jets going with. This guy is serious top 10 talent. I think he has an off chance at the Heisman. I don't get the whole "smart" comment. Personally I feel Barkely is unbelievably over rated. Much like EVERY single QB that comes out of USC. I think the "smart" pick would be Smith. This guys is way more athletic than Barkley, more accuate and is a film whore. Barkley is surrounded with more talent and still cannot produce. If I'm a betting man, I say Smith has a better NFL career than Barkley.
    Green Bay hasn't taken a WR in the first round since 2003 or 2004...LT is a possibility. There are WRs to be had in the 2nd and 3rd that fit the offense...the preference would be Keenan Allen IMO but personally I think DE and CB are higher priorities. Not saying LT will happen just that it's a possibility.

The "smart" comment is that Barkley is playing in an NFL style offense and has been for 4 years now. I think that makes him more NFL ready than Geno Smith. Barkley won't wow anybody with his physical attributes but he has the intangibles. Geno has lost the last 4 games and he's faced some tough defenses that made him look bad and it's hurt his stock. In WVUs losses this year Smith's numbers have been bad where in USCs losses Barkley's numbers have not been.

There's definitely something to be said about the history of USC QBs in the NFL but IMO Barkley is still the best QB in this class...it's not a great class.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Green Bay hasn't taken a WR in the first round since 2003 or 2004...LT is a possibility. There are WRs to be had in the 2nd and 3rd that fit the offense...the preference would be Keenan Allen IMO but personally I think DE and CB are higher priorities. Not saying LT will happen just that it's a possibility.

The "smart" comment is that Barkley is playing in an NFL style offense and has been for 4 years now. I think that makes him more NFL ready than Geno Smith. Barkley won't wow anybody with his physical attributes but he has the intangibles. Geno has lost the last 4 games and he's faced some tough defenses that made him look bad and it's hurt his stock. In WVUs losses this year Smith's numbers have been bad where in USCs losses Barkley's numbers have not been.

There's definitely something to be said about the history of USC QBs in the NFL but IMO Barkley is still the best QB in this class...it's not a great class.
    I know LT is "possible" because anything is possible. But seriously. LT is not going to happen with our first pick. I'm fine with WR in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and going DE or CB, but if Keenan (the best WR in the draft) is on the board when we pick with our first...that's gonna be damn hard to pass up. Especially if the top DE and CB are already off the board. I don't agree with your statement that Barkley didn't play bad in his loses. I watched the Stanford game, he was atrocious. Smith has a better completion %, more yards, and a waaaayyyyy better TD to Int ratio. I also believe WVU competition was way better than USC. I'm not sold on Barkley being more NFL ready that Smith. I stand by by statement: Smith will have a better NFL career than Barkely. I think Barkley can flame out, i.e. the road of Dirty Sanchez.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know LT is "possible" because anything is possible. But seriously. LT is not going to happen with our first pick.
    lol, you just contradicted yourself.

We'll agree to disagree. I think Barkley can be a serviceable QB in the right system, I don't think Smith is going to turn out that good and I have my doubts about Tyler Wilson as well but Wilson may end up being the best of the bunch.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol, you just contradicted yourself.

We'll agree to disagree. I think Barkley can be a serviceable QB in the right system, I don't think Smith is going to turn out that good and I have my doubts about Tyler Wilson as well but Wilson may end up being the best of the bunch.
    Where is the contradiction?? The arguement of "it's possible" is completely non supportive of any arguement. But even if I give in to "it's possible", which I did for your sake, doesn't mean it will happen. Which I restated. Sorry, no contradiction there. Let's meet up after the end of next season and compare Barkley and Smith I think I will come out ahead on this one. I am not to sure about Wilson either but agree that he may surprise just like Russell Wilson this year. So two questions, pick it now: 1) if Matthews and Keenan are on the board who do you pick 2) if Matthews and Keenan are on the board who does Ireland pick. { My choices: Me - Keenan, Ireland - Keenan}
    Quote Quote