Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: NFL week 10 draft order

  1. -11
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11,343
    vCash:
    3373
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Where is the contradiction?? The arguement of "it's possible" is completely non supportive of any arguement. But even if I give in to "it's possible", which I did for your sake, doesn't mean it will happen. Which I restated. Sorry, no contradiction there. Let's meet up after the end of next season and compare Barkley and Smith I think I will come out ahead on this one. I am not to sure about Wilson either but agree that he may surprise just like Russell Wilson this year. So two questions, pick it now: 1) if Matthews and Keenan are on the board who do you pick 2) if Matthews and Keenan are on the board who does Ireland pick. { My choices: Me - Keenan, Ireland - Keenan}
    1st answer is Keenan...no brainer. 2nd answer I need more information. Is Long still on the team or not?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    SCOTTY's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    831
    vCash:
    1228
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    1st answer is Keenan...no brainer. 2nd answer I need more information. Is Long still on the team or not?
    1) With Long on team 2) without Long.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11,343
    vCash:
    3373
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    1) With Long on team 2) without Long.
    With Long on the team...Keenan. With long not on the team...Matthews (it's just a typical Ireland move....safe pick).
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    SCOTTY's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    831
    vCash:
    1228
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    With Long on the team...Keenan. With long not on the team...Matthews (it's just a typical Ireland move....safe pick).
    Old mentality of what will happen. With Long gone, still no chance of Oline with our first.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Danny's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2003
    Posts:
    10,303
    vCash:
    8653
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Ireland is in charge of the draft still in April then our draft could look like this
    1-OT
    2-DT
    2-OG
    3-S
    3-RB
    4-ILB
    5-OLB
    Then after all the playmakers are off the board,
    6-corner
    7-WR
    7-WR

    Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11,343
    vCash:
    3373
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Old mentality of what will happen. With Long gone, still no chance of Oline with our first.
    There's no proof the old mentality is gone.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    SCOTTY's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    831
    vCash:
    1228
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    There's no proof the old mentality is gone.
    I think RT with our 1st last year shows that old mentality going. There is definitely new direction with this team and I feel Philbin will have alot of influence.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11,343
    vCash:
    3373
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    I think RT with our 1st last year shows that old mentality going. There is definitely new direction with this team and I feel Philbin will have alot of influence.
    But then he took an OT in the 2nd and a DE in the 3rd...he didn't stray far for long.

    Only the 2009 draft did he not take an O-lineman or D-line in one of the first 3 rounds.

    2008
    1st round OT
    2nd round DE
    3rd round DE

    2009 none

    2010
    1st round DE
    3rd round Guard

    2011
    1st round Center

    2012
    2nd round OT
    3rd round DE

    He still hasn't shown me that his priorities in the draft have changed. He values O-line and D-line more than any other position. You can argue he took QB in the 1st round in the last draft out of necessity as much as available talent. You could have said in 2009 that he was going in a different direction, the only year he didn't take an O-lineman or D-lineman in the first three rounds, and had a better argument but not after 5 drafts with the evidence presented.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    SCOTTY's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    831
    vCash:
    1228
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    But then he took an OT in the 2nd and a DE in the 3rd...he didn't stray far for long.

    Only the 2009 draft did he not take an O-lineman or D-line in one of the first 3 rounds.

    2008
    1st round OT
    2nd round DE
    3rd round DE

    2009 none

    2010
    1st round DE
    3rd round Guard

    2011
    1st round Center

    2012
    2nd round OT
    3rd round DE

    He still hasn't shown me that his priorities in the draft have changed. He values O-line and D-line more than any other position. You can argue he took QB in the 1st round in the last draft out of necessity as much as available talent. You could have said in 2009 that he was going in a different direction, the only year he didn't take an O-lineman or D-lineman in the first three rounds, and had a better argument but not after 5 drafts with the evidence presented.
    The majority of the older drafts are Parcell driven. We all know this. Last year Ireland is on his own and goes QB. Yes he then went OT in the second, but come on man. Do you remember Columbo. That was our biggest need!
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    datruth55's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    11,343
    vCash:
    3373
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    The majority of the older drafts are Parcell driven. We all know this. Last year Ireland is on his own and goes QB. Yes he then went OT in the second, but come on man. Do you remember Columbo. That was our biggest need!
    Ireland has been running the draft since 2010. Parcells pretty much quit after the 2009 draft in which he took Pat White...and he should have been fired along with Ireland for that pick. This is Ireland 3rd draft running the show...not just the last one.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. NFL draft order week 15
    By datruth55 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-19-2012, 09:47 PM
  2. NFL draft order week 14
    By datruth55 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 11:05 AM
  3. NFL draft order week 13
    By datruth55 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 07:39 AM
  4. NFL draft order week 12
    By datruth55 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 03:49 PM
  5. NFL week 11 draft order
    By datruth55 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 06:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •