Im 21 and yesterday my pet cat got put to sleep, I got him for my fifth birthday so he was a very old cat who lived a long life and it was only old age that got him in end. I knew this was coming sooner or later but it really has shocked me how hard this has hit me, it may not be very manly to admit this but I said and cried my eyes out last night- and im not the teary type. That cat was twice as old as my little brother and I literally cant remember life without him. I only realized when he was gone that he was very much part of the family and wasn't just a pet. Some may think it was only a cat and that im exaggerating but I really do mean this. Im still utterly gutted about it He was a special cat and we gave him a good life but my god it was hard to make the decision to end his life even though I know it was for the best, I can only imagine how hard it would be to be faced with a decision like that about a family member.

But this thread wasn't created so I could have a pity party. I was wondering if any of you guys had/have any special pets you would like to tell us about? And do you consider then part of the family? I wish I had realised before now!