Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: Secession Petitions Grow After Obama's Re-Election

  1. -41
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,629
    vCash:
    3809
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon View Post
    Of course nothing will come of this just as the petitions in 2000,2004, and 2008. And will be fun the insanity as in 2004 the supposed "mainstream" position...
    http://www.salon.com/2004/11/17/states_2/
    Just to bring this back to the top, because it appears some may have missed it, the left was pretty pissed when Bush won, but it was okay then, just not now?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    3,909
    vCash:
    19684
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    Yeah, because I just love them republicans ...

    Look, you partisans all have your crutches you depend on, if I hear one more republican whine about what Obama spends I'm going to scream, just like they have no room to talk about obamacare as I have explained before.

    The democrats are no better, as you continuously whine about the Bush tax cuts (like that will fix anything), and you real hard liners are absolutely obsessed with racism, it's your favorite tool in your tool pouch.

    It really is fine though, it means nothing, you only use it as a partisan attack, because most of your beliefs are only formed through your party's current activities.

    You guys are fine with war and torture now that the president has a d after his name.

    Maybe we should dig up those old torture and Bush is a war monger threads to show how many of you left wingers are full of it.
    Oh yeah. Nice attempt of deflection.

    And so they scream "It wasn't me. I am independent."

    I don't give a hoot in this thread how much any party spends and who is or is not an independent. Since I don't know anybody from here personally I won't know anyways. And I do not care.

    You defended a racist comment. That is all.

    By the way, I don't whine about the Bush tax cuts. Those were not tax cuts. Those were temporary tax reductions. Those were set to expire the minute they were implemented. They do benefit me but not the country. And if you actually would have read any of my posts on this subject you would know that I always try to differentiate tax cuts and tax reductions.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    "You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,629
    vCash:
    3809
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Oh yeah. Nice attempt of deflection.

    And so they scream "It wasn't me. I am independent."

    I don't give a hoot in this thread how much any party spends and who is or is not an independent. Since I don't know anybody from here personally I won't know anyways. And I do not care.

    You defended a racist comment. That is all.

    By the way, I don't whine about the Bush tax cuts. Those were not tax cuts. Those were temporary tax reductions. Those were set to expire the minute they were implemented. They do benefit me but not the country. And if you actually would have read any of my posts on this subject you would know that I always try to differentiate tax cuts and tax reductions.
    No, I wasn't deflecting anything, I get tired of people throwing the race card around, and usually make an attempt to defend them.

    I do not know Jared personally, but he and I have been posting on this forum for a long time, and that is why I made the remark about his wife.

    Does having a minority for a wife mean you are not a racist? No, probably not, but it removes enough doubt from my end to stick up for him against your run of the mill partisan accusation.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,794
    vCash:
    4800
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    No, I wasn't deflecting anything, I get tired of people throwing the race card around, and usually make an attempt to defend them.

    I do not know Jared personally, but he and I have been posting on this forum for a long time, and that is why I made the remark about his wife.

    Does having a minority for a wife mean you are not a racist? No, probably not, but it removes enough doubt from my end to stick up for him against your run of the mill partisan accusation.
    Yup, we all know Jared's wife is Latina. He reminds us of that every time he makes an ignorant remark about Latinos. It's OK for him to do it, because he is married to one. Do you honestly see no problem with what he said? Throwing all black males under that label is ridiculous, especially considering our POTUS is a Harvard-educated black man...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,629
    vCash:
    3809
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Yup, we all know Jared's wife is Latina. He reminds us of that every time he makes an ignorant remark about Latinos. It's OK for him to do it, because he is married to one. Do you honestly see no problem with what he said? Throwing all black males under that label is ridiculous, especially considering our POTUS is a Harvard-educated black man...
    Well Locke, out of respect for you, I looked at it again, and even though I do not necessarily believe Jared is racist, I guess one may see a problem with what he said.

    I have to be honest, I thought if Obama lost there would be riots, I never gave them too much thought though because I pretty much thought he would win throughout most of the process.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,794
    vCash:
    4800
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    Well Locke, out of respect for you, I looked at it again, and even though I do not necessarily believe Jared is racist, I guess one may see a problem with what he said.

    I have to be honest, I thought if Obama lost there would be riots, I never gave them too much thought though because I pretty much thought he would win throughout most of the process.
    There was always going to be sour grapes, regardless of who lost. I didn't think there would be riots, but I also didn't think people would be asking to secede from the union either. But it's odd to make an argument saying that there would have been rioting for sure if Obama lost, because there is nothing to support that claim.

    I'd also like to clarify that I don't think jared is racist. We've both been posting on this board a really long time, and despite the fact that he says some ridiculous things sometimes, I don't see much, if any, racism behind it. He says some racist things sometimes, as we all just saw, but everyone does that at one point or another. But no, he isn't a racist...
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,629
    vCash:
    3809
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    There was always going to be sour grapes, regardless of who lost. I didn't think there would be riots, but I also didn't think people would be asking to secede from the union either. But it's odd to make an argument saying that there would have been rioting for sure if Obama lost, because there is nothing to support that claim.

    I'd also like to clarify that I don't think jared is racist. We've both been posting on this board a really long time, and despite the fact that he says some ridiculous things sometimes, I don't see much, if any, racism behind it. He says some racist things sometimes, as we all just saw, but everyone does that at one point or another. But no, he isn't a racist...
    I would disagree on the rioting, in the background at work, we listen to Jim Rome everyday. Some may not like him, I think the show is hysterical. Anyways, one of the things he picks on various cities for is their riots after either a win or loss in some big game.

    I would think many of the participants in these riots are idiot college students, probably mostly white, so I do not feel black youths should be stereo typed into this type of behavior, but if it happens for sporting events, I would think elections would be a possibility.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i have to laugh at all you guys. when did i say that all black males would burn the country down. whether you like it or not, there would of been riots in this country if obama would of lost. i am not a racist. i do however, prejudge. old white men can be intolerent. young black males commit more crimes. you will not see me or my family in downtown orlando late at night on the street. just like you will never see me move to the woods in alabama. i dont care what most of you say, because most of you have no real life experience.
    Last edited by tylerdolphin; 11-15-2012 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,343
    vCash:
    4248
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    It wasnt so much that you matter of factly stated that some people may riot. Its that you phrased it in a way that made it sound like black people are a bunch of out of control mouth breathers who were going to get out their gorilla cage and wreak havoc.

    What you said is no different than me saying something like "white people are going to be using "ni gger" frequently for a month and trying to secede from the union". While its true that some white people fall into that stereotype, its definitely not true for all or even a lot of white people. Most white people are not racists and idiots just like almost no black people are going to be looking for people to kill or cars to burn.
    Last edited by tylerdolphin; 11-15-2012 at 05:38 PM.




    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,877
    vCash:
    3374
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    i have to laugh at all you guys. when did i say that all black males would burn the country down. whether you like it or not, there would of been riots in this country if obama would of lost. i am not a racist. i do however, prejudge. old white men can be intolerent. young black males commit more crimes. you will not see me or my family in downtown orlando late at night on the street. just like you will never see me move to the woods in alabama. i dont care what most of you say, because most of you have no real life experience.
    So lemme see if i got all this down:

    The "proof" you have for street riots is a twitter post, which you take for a statement of fact. When a Republican, who came close to running for your parties nomination for President, actually makes a twitter post demanding a revolution, you ignore it. And everyone who disagrees with you must have no life experience, and their wives must be banging black guys, and oh yeah their bi-sexual also.

    I had so many questions about clarification, but im laughing to hard to remember them all. Please keep posting this sort of "I MAD BECAUSE OBAMA WON" posts.
    Last edited by rob19; 11-15-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: quoted PA
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 129
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 08:37 PM
  2. Obama's slush fund continues to grow.....
    By FinFan 13 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 10:55 PM
  3. Obama and McCain dance off for the election
    By MDFINFAN in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 06:55 PM
  4. Obama could be on last SNL before election.
    By Tetragrammaton in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 11:19 PM
  5. The Video that could cost Obama the election
    By FinFatale in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 02:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •