Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Secession Petitions Grow After Obama's Re-Election

1. -11
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Damn guys. Looks like my state might be the first to break off. We're already up to 7,000 signatures here.
    THIS IS WHAT A REAL HEAD COACH LOOKS LIKE! NOT ONE THAT FLOUNDERS IN MEDIOCRITY EVERY YEAR!

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    Damn guys. Looks like my state might be the first to break off. We're already up to 7,000 signatures here.
    There are over 40K sigs for Texas.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    The hilarious irony is that if all those red states seceded, the percentage of the budget allocated to the entitlements they hate so much would actually decrease in America
    Out of the 27 states listed on the petition there are just as many blue as there are red.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obama should let Texas go lmao. Them fascists being part of my country sickens me. Probably as much as a Jewish kid from Miami being in their county sickens them lol.

In all seriousness though, I know if you get 25k if has to be "responded to". Whatever that means. Everybody signing these nkow nothing will happen, so its not all to important. People just like to bit** about Obama. Some people disagree with Obama being elected? I am stunned. Absolutely stunned. Viva la revolution! l
    Last edited by WadeCounty1231; 11-14-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I didn't know we had so many whiny bitches in this country. What a disgrace...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    The hilarious irony is that if all those red states seceded, the percentage of the budget allocated to the entitlements they hate so much would actually decrease in America

I understand about many of the southern states taking more federal money than they actually generate, while my state, NY actually produces much more than they receive, I've seen the lists.

I do not believe this begins to tell the whole story though.

In many cases, SS has become an entitlement, as far as I know, it was not originally intended to be that way.

My question is though, how is receiving your SS when you retire an "entitlement" when you have been paying into it for years and years. Last time I checked, well over 2000.00 dollars comes out of my check a year for SS, how can that be considered an entitilement?

Also, if anyone has the info on how so many more methods of people being allowed to get payments out of this fund, along with the gov at some points using it as a general fund, I would love to know, I just do not know enough about it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I understand about many of the southern states taking more federal money than they actually generate, while my state, NY actually produces much more than they receive, I've seen the lists.

I do not believe this begins to tell the whole story though.

In many cases, SS has become an entitlement, as far as I know, it was not originally intended to be that way.

My question is though, how is receiving your SS when you retire an "entitlement" when you have been paying into it for years and years. Last time I checked, well over 2000.00 dollars comes out of my check a year for SS, how can that be considered an entitilement?

Also, if anyone has the info on how so many more methods of people being allowed to get payments out of this fund, along with the gov at some points using it as a general fund, I would love to know, I just do not know enough about it.
    SS also provides payments to dependents of parents who have deceased until they are 18 or are still enrolled in school. There may be other benefits offered by SS.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    This is interesting because despite knowing nothing will come of it, I worry that some of these people are insane enough that they might actually try to start something here. This will be a fun story to follow over the next few weeks...
    Of course nothing will come of this just as the petitions in 2000,2004, and 2008. And will be fun the insanity as in 2004 the supposed "mainstream" position...
    http://www.salon.com/2004/11/17/states_2/

If at first you don’t secede
    Feeling they've lost any say in how the nation is run, liberals are turning to an unfamiliar philosophy: States' rights.

In the days after the election, fantasies of blue-state secession ricocheted around the Internet. Liberals indulged themselves in maps showing Canada gathering the blue states into its social democratic embrace, leaving the red states to form their own “Jesusland.” They passed around the scathing rant from the Web site **** the South, which lacerated the chauvinism of the “heartland” and pointed out that the coasts, far from destroying marriage, actually have lower divorce rates than the interior.

These sentiments were so pronounced that they migrated into the mainstream.
    Now, though, it’s liberal enclaves that feel threatened by the federal government, and who will likely need to muster states’ rights arguments to protect themselves from Bush’s domestic policies.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon View Post
    Of course nothing will come of this just as the petitions in 2000,2004, and 2008. And will be a fun the insanity as in 2004 the supposed "mainstream" position...
    http://www.salon.com/2004/11/17/states_2/
    Ha, what a bunch of whiny bitches there too. I kind of just stopped paying attention to politics for a while after the 2004 election, so I missed this entirely. People need to learn to act like adults...
    Last edited by Locke; 11-14-2012 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So much for the old goose-stepping Right Wing mantra of : "America, Love It Or Leave It!" eh? Guess that just applies to folks who disagree with them when they're in power, huh?

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote