Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on ObamaCare?

Hybrid View

1. -1
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Thoughts on ObamaCare?

Is the government really forcing everybody to have health insurance?

Seriously?

Such a joke. I honestly can't wait to see all those that voted for him to have higher taxes and be forced to buy health insurance.

Dumbasses.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The problem with the health care bill is that it doesn't cover everyone, and gives more public money to corporations.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post

Seriously?

Such a joke. I honestly can't wait to see all those that voted for him to have higher taxes and be forced to buy health insurance.

Dumbasses.
    As a society we pay for people without insurance. So, mandating everyone to have health insurance makes everyone a little more accountable for their own costs.

The problem with the health care bill is didn't 1) get rid of private health care insurance 2) compete against private health care insurance ....aka single payer or public option. As long as private insurers remain unchecked, our system will remain broken.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

Seriously?

Dumbasses.
    CBO shows a net savings for the government by having Obamacare in place. Tax payers end up footing the bill when people don't pay their hospital bills as is, so how exactly is Obamacare any different? In fact, this makes it cheaper for some families, because they can keep their kids on their insurance plan until they're 25. It also means insurance companies can't refuse to cover anyone. I'd prefer if it wasn't privatized, but it's a step in the right direction. Eventually we'll have true socialized healthcare, and when we do, I can guarantee everyone is going to wonder why the hell they were so against it in the first place...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    CBO shows a net savings for the government by having Obamacare in place. Tax payers end up footing the bill when people don't pay their hospital bills as is, so how exactly is Obamacare any different? In fact, this makes it cheaper for some families, because they can keep their kids on their insurance plan until they're 25. It also means insurance companies can't refuse to cover anyone. I'd prefer if it wasn't privatized, but it's a step in the right direction. Eventually we'll have true socialized healthcare, and when we do, I can guarantee everyone is going to wonder why the hell they were so against it in the first place...
    Locke, I know that you are a smart kid and very well educated. However, the only people that will ever receive better or cheaper healthcare under any type of socialized medicine is the one's who couldn't afford it in the first place but made too much to be on medicaid. That is a very, very small sliver of the population. I earned an MBA and work for an outstanding company that includes excellent health care coverage from Aetna as part of my benefits package. I have seen nothing but reduced coverage and/or higher costs as a result of Obamacare, there are no benefits for people like me which comprises the "middle class" that everyone is supposed to be protecting. Additionally, my FIL, who is a retired mail carrier, has seen his costs go up significantly for his Medicare, NALC Supplement, and his prescriptions...particularly his breathing treatments which increased from $55/90 day supply to $298. He is doing OK and not suprisingly voted a straight Democrat ticket, again, because he is up to his neck in the Postal Workers Union. I do attribute some of this mess to GWB and his Medicare Part D debocle so it isn't all Obama's fault. However, our country is trying to fix a problem by going in the exact wrong direction. The answer is to remove the barriers to coverage and provide a reasonable framework of regulation to work within, not to socialize everything. I have lived in a country with socialized medicine and although it is convenient, the quality of care is far inferior to our own. If more people were employed and available workforce was scarce instead of the jobs being scarce, then more companies could and would offer health care coverage to their employees. I don't even have a problem with a public option, necessarily, as long as they play by the same rules as everyone else instead of the bully pulpit that Medicare enjoys.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Locke, I know that you are a smart kid and very well educated. However, the only people that will ever receive better or cheaper healthcare under any type of socialized medicine is the one's who couldn't afford it in the first place but made too much to be on medicaid. That is a very, very small sliver of the population. I earned an MBA and work for an outstanding company that includes excellent health care coverage from Aetna as part of my benefits package. I have seen nothing but reduced coverage and/or higher costs as a result of Obamacare, there are no benefits for people like me which comprises the "middle class" that everyone is supposed to be protecting. Additionally, my FIL, who is a retired mail carrier, has seen his costs go up significantly for his Medicare, NALC Supplement, and his prescriptions...particularly his breathing treatments which increased from $55/90 day supply to $298. He is doing OK and not suprisingly voted a straight Democrat ticket, again, because he is up to his neck in the Postal Workers Union. I do attribute some of this mess to GWB and his Medicare Part D debocle so it isn't all Obama's fault. However, our country is trying to fix a problem by going in the exact wrong direction. The answer is to remove the barriers to coverage and provide a reasonable framework of regulation to work within, not to socialize everything. I have lived in a country with socialized medicine and although it is convenient, the quality of care is far inferior to our own. If more people were employed and available workforce was scarce instead of the jobs being scarce, then more companies could and would offer health care coverage to their employees. I don't even have a problem with a public option, necessarily, as long as they play by the same rules as everyone else instead of the bully pulpit that Medicare enjoys.
    I have a good amount of in-laws that live in Canada. A portion of them used to live in the U.S. I make it a point anytime I go up there to ask about their single payer system. Every single one of them loves their system, and the ones that came from the U.S. say they didn't realize how f'd up the U.S.'s system was until now. My in-laws range from pretty damn wealthy to middle class, so they're paying their fair share of taxes. The three common responses I hear when I ask them about their single payer system are:

1) Patient wait time can be a problem in rural areas, but for the most part it is exaggerated.
    2) Getting procedures done & going to see a Doctor are much less stressful up there. It is so nice not having to worry about deductibles, copays, & whether or not things are covered.
    3) (For the people that never lived in the U.S) they cannot believe that we allow people to be uninsured. There's a general consensus that health care is right up there with food, shelter, & water.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looking at this from a independent stand point, you have two choices, I guess. Side with the republicans, scream Obamacare is wrong, and should be repealed, while your own party does NOTHING about the health care problem. Or side with the democrats on a "solution" that really is not a solution at all. It does make a few in roads, but certainly falls short in most areas including controlling spiraling costs.

Republicans, on the whole, have no room to talk on this issue, and most of them are so misinformed on most aspects it is very difficult to have a meaningful conversation.

What exactly can you say to someone whose only response to a health care discussion is to "keep government out of my health care" like our current dilemma with costs happened all by itself with no influence from the government.
    Last edited by phinfan3411; 11-13-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Seriously?

Dumbasses.
    But a series of emails obtained by the Wall Street Journal reveals Romney was actively engaged in negotiating the specifics of the 2006 Massachusetts bill and that he and his top aides championed a provision identical to one in President Barack Obama's law requiring individuals to have or buy health insurance.

The so-called individual mandate is at the heart of most conservative criticism of Obama's health care law, with many Republicans calling the provision unconstitutional. But in 2006, emails obtained by the Journal under a public records request show, Romney and his top aides pressed for an individual mandate even when Massachusetts Democrats weren't yet embracing such a proposal.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/r...144554113.html

Damn Romney supporters and their attempts to force everyone to have health insurance!

As for my feelings on the ACA:

"I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/r...144554113.html

Damn Romney supporters and their attempts to force everyone to have health insurance!

As for my feelings on the ACA:

Stop it. You actually might force some people to understand their opinions on things...
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I never once said I supported Romney.
    Quote Quote