Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Found This Interesting

1. -21
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't let the facts that:
    a. Henne was a 4 year starter at Michigan,
    b. Henne sat for a year behind Pennington,
    c. Henne had either Marshall to catch TD passes or deflect attention away from other receivers,
    c. Tannehill's 20th start ever which just happened to be against Houston, last season's #2 passing D and #1 Battled Ball D (and consensus best AFC team this season) in Houston generated 3 of those INTs

get in the way of your self-serving agenda.

Oh, and if you never noticed, if there's one thing that Omar hates more than "non-colorful" QBs, it's ones that are presently starting instead of Dave Garrard.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    What's unfair about that statement is that Henne sat on the bench and learned for a year behind Chad Pennington. Thats huge and cant be overlooked. Henne had over a year to prepare for his first NFL start. Tanehill had about 6 weeks.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Found This Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Don't let the facts that:
    a. Henne was a 4 year starter at Michigan,
    b. Henne sat for a year behind Pennington,
    c. Henne had either Marshall to catch TD passes or deflect attention away from other receivers,
    c. Tannehill's 20th start ever which just happened to be against Houston, last season's #2 passing D and #1 Battled Ball D (and consensus best AFC team this season) in Houston generated 3 of those INTs

get in the way of your self-serving agenda.

Oh, and if you never noticed, if there's one thing that Omar hates more than "non-colorful" QBs, it's ones that are presently starting instead of Dave Garrard.
    Henne had Marshall in his first 9 NFL starts? I thought the guy wearing #19 was Ted Ginn in 2009, must be my mistake.

Furthermore what is my "self serving agenda"? Bring back Chad Henne, bring back David Garrard? I think my feelings about Henne and possibly Garrard are well documented on here I dislike both. I simply found it interesting how close the stats were, think everyone should slow down on anointing Tannehill the franchise QB and be able to say he had a bad game when he has a bad game and not try to justify every INT he throws as someone else's fault.

Henne and Tannehill are 2 different QB's and yes there are many factors for their stats in their first 9 starts. However Finheaven is identical in the way they have acted about both players. If Tannehill continues to struggle it's only a matter of time before folks start ripping Mike Sherman. I hope he plays well and it never comes to that but for the folks who have been here a long time if you can't see this you're blind
    Last edited by DolfanISS; 11-14-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    Andrew Luck VS New England

0-3 with 6 TD's and 8 picks. Not sure "Suck for Luck" helps in our division. Maybe we stop the "meaningless wins" talk.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anybody with the ability to see can tell Tannehill has shown more in 9 starts than Henne has ever shown.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phin-Omenon View Post
    They both had 4 wins in their first nine games. And they both had some heartbreakers. That was the year that we should have beat the Colts and the Saints.
    Not sure where you are getting your info.
    Henne started his career 6-3 while Tannehill is 4-5

In fact Henne was 7-3 with wins against Jets (2) Bills (1) and NE (1) before hitting the wall. After that he went 6-18 as a starter.

Hopefully Tannehill's career goes the opposite direction.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanISS View Post
    Henne had Marshall in his first 9 NFL starts? I thought the guy wearing #19 was Ted Ginn in 2009, must be my mistake.

Furthermore what is my "self serving agenda"? Bring back Chad Henne, bring back David Garrard? I think my feelings about Henne and possibly Garrard are well documented on here I dislike both. I simply found it interesting how close the stats were, think everyone should slow down on anointing Tannehill the franchise QB and be able to say he had a bad game when he has a bad game and not try to justify every INT he throws as someone else's fault.

Henne and Tannehill are 2 different QB's and yes there are many factors for their stats in their first 9 starts. However Finheaven is identical in the way they have acted about both players. If Tannehill continues to struggle it's only a matter of time before folks start ripping Mike Sherman. I hope he plays well and it never comes to that but for the folks who have been here a long time if you can't see this you're blind
    You're right about Marshall, I stand corrected, but stand by everything else with conviction in my prev. post. As Zounds points out, one only needs to be at the games to see the difference between the two, not the least of which is leadership. I noticed that right away last season with Moore vs Henne. Comparing those two using statistics is apples to oranges. Also, has his own unsavory agenda to dislike anyone other than David Garrard this season.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Not sure where you are getting your info.
    Henne started his career 6-3 while Tannehill is 4-5

In fact Henne was 7-3 with wins against Jets (2) Bills (1) and NE (1) before hitting the wall. After that he went 6-18 as a starter.

Hopefully Tannehill's career goes the opposite direction.
    Henne started his career on the bench. For an entire year. Tannehill never had the option to learn for a year before playing. To use Henne's stats as a gauge for Tannehill's progress is beyond stupid. And the people in this thread think that argument has merit...well, Omar Kelly is laughing at you all.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Henne started his career on the bench. For an entire year. Tannehill never had the option to learn for a year before playing. To use Henne's stats as a gauge for Tannehill's progress is beyond stupid. And the people in this thread think that argument has merit...well, Omar Kelly is laughing at you all.
    Yes, they are apples and oranges. Just correcting the mis information in the thread.

I had high hopes for Henne when he started out so well but after 10 games NFL defenses had figured him out.

It seems like the same thing has happened to Tannehill. Like someone stated earlier these next 10-15 games are going to tell us where RT17 really stands.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port st. lucie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill has more wins in his first 7 games than Peyton Manning did his whole rookie year. So what does that mean??? Nothing at all. Tannehill has shown more already than Henne ever will. Where's his help coming from??? Where's the running game??? Where's the pass protection been??? The defense hasn't helped him much if any at all this year. Carpenter missed 2 kicks that would've gave him 2 extra wins. He did enough to win the Colts game too but the Defense was atrocious. The play calling has been terrible as well. Throwing on 3rd and 1 has led to a bunch of turnovers. Give this guy a good rushing attack and a real #1 WR and then we can make some comparisons.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    RT also has Mike Sherman as his OC (also his college coach)

Henne had Who? Dan Freakin' Henning.

I am not a Henne suporter, but it is silly to bash the OP just for posting the stats after nine starts. We all hope RT is the real deal...

Quote Quote