Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Found This Interesting

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You should source your info:

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly
    After 9 starts Ryan Tannehill is completing 58.9 percent of his passes for 1,979 yards. He's thrown 5 TDs, 9 Ints. Sacked 17 times. 73.2 QBR

Omar Kelly
    @OmarKelly

After nine starts Chad Henne completed 57.8 percent of his passes for 1,755 yards. He threw 9 TDs, 7 Ints and was sacked 17 times. 78.8 QBR

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Ramblin' Man

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houma, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's fair to look at, but for anyone that has watched these games you've got to admit that Tannehill has far more ability and promise than Henne. No two situations are ever going to be the same, and reasons can made to support either side. Henne also had some pretty serious hand cuffs put on him.

Tannehill handles pressure better, is far more accurate, has touch on his passes, is more mobile, and commands the team better.

They both had 4 wins in their first nine games. And they both had some heartbreakers. That was the year that we should have beat the Colts and the Saints.
    If you ever want to see a rainbow, you've got to stand a little rain.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Stats are tricky, especially when evaluating young QBs. For example: Peyton Manning threw more ints than tds in his rookie year and completed a lower percentage of his passes than Tannehill. Granted, Manning had more yards and TD's, but you get the point. It's more important how he looks. If you want to look at stats, look at the QB ratings for Henne's first full year vs. Tannehill's. Henne had a 90+ QB rating 3 times in 16 games. Tannehill has 4 such games in only 9 starts (and 1 of those he was knocked out of versus the Jets). With Tannehill, it's about what your eyes tell you
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    I can't believe people still read Omar's babble! If Tannehill was RG3 Omar would be preaching patience.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    38th parallel universe
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the homerism is astounding. all dude was saying was 'temper ur expecations.' im not calling him a bust yet but i dont see a franchise qb either. plus peyton had many more touchdowns than tanny did first year.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still think Henne got a bad rap. Play to NOT make mistakes. He never got a fair shot. Look at what Sporano is doing in NY with both of those QBs. They are both done after this season (if they last that long).
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Found This Interesting

Ok so facts that are stated by Omar Kelly are not facts? Actual stats he tweets are not valid? This place gets more unreal by the day. Neither Omar's tweets or my thread says that anyone thinks Henne is better than Tannehill. Just thought it was interesting that the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ, per Finheaven, and the QB who if anyone even compares to Tannehill they're an idiot had similar stats in there first 9 games as pros. Sure there are many factors but stats are stats and nobody seems to want to discuss factors when "Tannehill already has more wins than Peyton Manning had as a rookie" Is posted. I'm sorry for posting these stats, obviously nobody wants to see them.

Is there really anything wrong with posting stats of the first 9 starts of our last 2 QB prospects?
    The way Jeff Ireland took a GM's dream worth of cap space and draft picks and made the team worse in borderline miraculous.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I Still Like T-Hill. But Let's Be Honest. The NFL is a Win Now League with what you Got. That Said. Look What Locker did against us on Sunday. He was running, and making First Downs. Before the T-Hill Knee Thing, I don't recall him Running for a First Down? Andrew Luck the Week before destroyed us on 3rd Down. After the QB's we have had go through our Club since Marino left, unfair to T-Hill but it is the way it is. Russell Wilson in Seattle, Rookie. Cant use the 9 Start thing. Need to WIN. Starting tomorrow night. No more 3 INT Game BS Dude. Cant win Games when you throw 3 picks.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Yeah its not important.

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The sewer
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't plan on making excuses for Tannehill for the next 2 or 3 years. It was a crappy performance last week but I was thinking during that game it's kind of hard to evaluate the QB today when the entire team sucks. He didn't blow the game, he didn't do anything to help but they were going down no matter what, 60 minutes of total team suckage!

Henne made critical errors at the wrong times and blew games. Henne doesn't seem to have the football smarts for what Tannehill is doing this season. It doesn't mean Tannehill isn't going to be a bust also, but the only thing he has in common with Henne right now is being drafted by the Dolphins.

I don't fault Tannehill for the losses overall he has controlled and gotten something out of this excuse for an offense.

The last couple of weeks were concerning for both Tannehill and the offense. They haven't done anything for the last 6 quarters. It's not like the big bad Ravens or Steelers came in and beat them either it's the pathetic Titans. They have got to do something on offense against Buffalo.
    Quote Quote