Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Found This Interesting

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Found This Interesting

But many others will not and most likely become upset.

After nine starts Chad Henne completed 57.8 percent of his passes for 1,755 yards. He threw 9 TDs, 7 Ints and was sacked 17 times. 78.8 QBR

After 9 starts Ryan Tannehill is completing 58.9 percent of his passes for 1,979 yards. He's thrown 5 TDs, 9 Ints. Sacked 17 times. 73.2 QBR

Now I know to many of the out of work scouts and GMs that post on Finheaven Tannehill passes the eyeball test and Henne never did. Keep in mind the weapons were very similar as in 09 Henne had Camarillo and now Tannehill has Hartline who I would argue is better than Camarillo. Unless someone here is going to say the 49ers 5th WR Tedd Ginn was a great asset and weapon to Henne for the first time in Finheaven history, the pass catchers were about the same, not very dynamic.

My point is temper your expectations.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good point. Something to keep an eye on.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh, are you talking about the year when we had 2000 yards of offense from our rushing attack alone? Good comparison.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    did henne also sit a year and then start? This kid is a rookie who is starting with no supporting cast.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    This thread is almost word for word what Omar Kelly is spreading on twitter. Even the incorrect statement that Henne had Camarillo and Tannehill has Hartline. Fact is, Henne had Hartline and Camarillo, not just Camarillo.

Though I don't really think it is that fair to compare Henne and Tannehill after their first 9 starts. Henne started four years in college, was a veteran not a rookie, inherited a playoff team from the year before and had a pretty good running game that year. I don't buy the argument that Henne is better because he had better stats 9 games into his carrer. Tannehill is still a rookie and we all know he was going to have growing pains along the way. Stats or no stats, Tannehill is a better prospect then Henne.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Reading Is Fundamental

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Found This Interesting

Henne sat behind Pennington for a year before he even got behind the wheel. So he had a yr of pro experience before he was sent out to the wolves.... Lets not forget this... So with those stats I'd say Tannehill is doing better than Henne due to that simple fact.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    This thread is almost word for word what Omar Kelly is spreading on twitter. Even the incorrect statement that Henne had Camarillo and Tannehill has Hartline. Fact is, Henne had Hartline and Camarillo, not just Camarillo.

Though I don't really think it is that fair to compare Henne and Tannehill after their first 9 starts. Henne started four years in college, was a veteran not a rookie, inherited a playoff team from the year before and had a pretty good running game that year. I don't buy the argument that Henne is better because he had better stats 9 games into his carrer. Tannehill is still a rookie and we all know he was going to have growing pains along the way. Stats or no stats, Tannehill is a better prospect then Henne.
    Not to mention, the fact that the Dolphins had almost 2 1000 yard running backs in Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown. If you go back and look at the games there were only about 3 games where they didn't rush for at least 100 yards the entire year.

Really makes me miss Ricky Williams honestly. I know what he did to the Dolphins was a dick move, but when he came back he still played really hard. It was fun watching him play.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanISS View Post
    But many others will not and most likely become upset.

After nine starts Chad Henne completed 57.8 percent of his passes for 1,755 yards. He threw 9 TDs, 7 Ints and was sacked 17 times. 78.8 QBR

After 9 starts Ryan Tannehill is completing 58.9 percent of his passes for 1,979 yards. He's thrown 5 TDs, 9 Ints. Sacked 17 times. 73.2 QBR

Now I know to many of the out of work scouts and GMs that post on Finheaven Tannehill passes the eyeball test and Henne never did. Keep in mind the weapons were very similar as in 09 Henne had Camarillo and now Tannehill has Hartline who I would argue is better than Camarillo. Unless someone here is going to say the 49ers 5th WR Tedd Ginn was a great asset and weapon to Henne for the first time in Finheaven history, the pass catchers were about the same, not very dynamic.

My point is temper your expectations.
    Thank you but apples to oranges - I would think that Henne had more to work with and he had that "3 second buzzer" going off in his ear as well LOL
    C. Patterson gets indefinitely suspended for "not showing up" and Buttfumble got a raise for "not showing up" - go figure how the JESTS world works?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK, but Tannehill has been in this system for a lot longer than Henne was in Hennings great system before becoming the starter. Not to mention I see comparisons of Tannehill vs Peyton Manning in terms of first year wins. Why is that a fair comparison? I'm not saying Henne is better, just pointing out the first 9 starts are similar, where that leads Tannehill nobody knows.

I think Tannehill is at that point where defenses have enouogh film on him that they have learned to defend him. How he handles it over the next 7 games will be interesting.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok haven't seen other responses but here are my two cents. Henne was a 4 year start in college and RT 19 games enough said
    Quote Quote