Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You know what's embarrassing????.....

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeharley666 View Post
    The Fin fans here who think they are scouts. All I here is "Egnew sucks, we need to cut Egnew, Egnew is a wasted pick, Matthews is a beast, Lamar is going to be a keeper, this guy is a bust, that guy is bust"

Opinions all based on idiots who think they KNOW more than our coaching staff who are practicing with these players everyday. There is a reason Egnew hasn't been cut and Matthews isn't starting and Lamar has limited playing time. It's because our coaches KNOW MORE THAN YOU!!!

People, I'm not saying Egnew is going to be a good player, nor am I going to say he's a going to be bad player. But it cracks me up because at this point he's not starting he automatically sucks and is useless. Yes, I am laughing at you armchair coaches. I gotta say I love this board, but about 80% of you are fools and an embarrassments as Fin fans. For Christ sake, let things play out with these players and coaches who coach them. Then when they get CUT, then have an opinion and then you won't sound so ignorant. You posters know who you are, trying to sound smarter than your actual 50 point IQ. It's no wonder we the laughing stock of NFL fans, just visit this board and you see why. It really makes me consider joining the VIP forum but just not sure who it is there to spend the money.
    50 point IQ people like us were saying that we needed WR and secondary help since Marshall was traded... Guess what... Whe need it!
    50 point IQ people like us were saying that Legohands was too bad to be either considered on the 53 man roster...Guess what... We ere right!
    50 point IQ people like us were complaining when we drafted Ted Ginn Jr and many of us were asking for Patrick Willis... If only the "experts" had paid attention!
    50 point IQ people like us were complaining when we drafted Jake Long an not taking a "risk" on Matt Ryan... Guess we were wrong right?
    50 point IQ people like us were complaining about those stupid calls made by Sparano... We was finally fired... But we were wrong again I guess.
    Problem is if we barely have a 50 point IQ, let me ask what would the IQ be on people that didn't see all of this on time?
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Egnew is Awesome at being Inactive Dude. He is 9-0! Just Awesome Man!
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    smh

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DANTODUPER View Post
    50 point IQ people like us were saying that we needed WR and secondary help since Marshall was traded... Guess what... Whe need it!
    50 point IQ people like us were saying that Legohands was too bad to be either considered on the 53 man roster...Guess what... We ere right!
    50 point IQ people like us were complaining when we drafted Ted Ginn Jr and many of us were asking for Patrick Willis... If only the "experts" had paid attention!
    50 point IQ people like us were complaining when we drafted Jake Long an not taking a "risk" on Matt Ryan... Guess we were wrong right?
    50 point IQ people like us were complaining about those stupid calls made by Sparano... We was finally fired... But we were wrong again I guess.
    Problem is if we barely have a 50 point IQ, let me ask what would the IQ be on people that didn't see all of this on time?
    I guess hindsight turns us all into experts....
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Ramblin' Man

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houma, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry Jcane, I hear where you're coming from, but I wait until a see enough action on the field to voice my judgement on a player, and at least two years of playing time. For example, I've seen enough of Sean Smith to give an honest opinion, and under two different coaching staffs. But I'm not going to sit here and judge Matthews as a "beast" as I hear a lot of posters here refer him to, how the hell do they know????? Cause he caught a few passes in preseason???? There is a reason he's not playing. And Egnew, there is a reason he's not cut, they must see something they can work with. But for posters here to call this a bust is a joke. Do all these posters spend time at the practices and the meetings? Don't think so. Yes, I agree, should not have been a 3rd rounder, but say this kid starts on fire next year, would we say he's not a 3rd rounder then? Especially for a team in rebuilding mode? Maybe worth the wait? When you look at the opinions on this board it's just laughable with the amount of crap that is spewed as if they know how this or that player is progressing.
    Sorry for the double post!!
    Last edited by Phin-Omenon; 11-14-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Sorry for the double post!
    If you ever want to see a rainbow, you've got to stand a little rain.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Ramblin' Man

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houma, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry Jcane, I hear where you're coming from, but I wait until a see enough action on the field to voice my judgement on a player, and at least two years of playing time. For example, I've seen enough of Sean Smith to give an honest opinion, and under two different coaching staffs. But I'm not going to sit here and judge Matthews as a "beast" as I hear a lot of posters here refer him to, how the hell do they know????? Cause he caught a few passes in preseason???? There is a reason he's not playing. And Egnew, there is a reason he's not cut, they must see something they can work with. But for posters here to call this a bust is a joke. Do all these posters spend time at the practices and the meetings? Don't think so. Yes, I agree, should not have been a 3rd rounder, but say this kid starts on fire next year, would we say he's not a 3rd rounder then? Especially for a team in rebuilding mode? Maybe worth the wait? When you look at the opinions on this board it's just laughable with the amount of crap that is spewed as if they know how this or that player is progressing.
    Woah! Is that an opinion or fact?! You didn't state whether is was either and it appears to be a fact the way you wrote it.

All I'm saying is that we're allowed to have opinions, and strong opinions, about what our team does. And it's not embarrassing at all, and it doesn't make us the laughing stock of anybody anywhere. All teams have die hard fans that get deeply involved with their teams. It may be annoying sometimes when people say things that haven't been 'proven' yet but that just goes with the territory. Hell, I'm pround that there are this many people that give a damn about our team even while we struggle.

I'm not a coach or a GM, but I knew the second that Ted Ginn was drafted that it was a waste. Should I wait until he retires to state this very strong opinion that is pretty close to being a fact?

I thought Dante was going to be good for us, and I was wrong. I knew Trent Green was going to be bad for us, and I was right. It happens.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    STUD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerDolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Not fact, but most "experts" say your third rounder should be on the field. IMO I would think so too, but like I said if this kid becomes a major major player for us by next season, then to me I think it was worth it because we are a team re-building, not on the cusp of winning something and the position we were missing was a TE

Quote Originally Posted by Phin-Omenon View Post
    Woah! Is that an opinion or fact?! You didn't state whether is was either and it appears to be a fact the way you wrote it.

All I'm saying is that we're allowed to have opinions, and strong opinions, about what our team does. And it's not embarrassing at all, and it doesn't make us the laughing stock of anybody anywhere. All teams have die hard fans that get deeply involved with their teams. It may be annoying sometimes when people say things that haven't been 'proven' yet but that just goes with the territory. Hell, I'm pround that there are this many people that give a damn about our team even while we struggle.

I'm not a coach or a GM, but I knew the second that Ted Ginn was drafted that it was a waste. Should I wait until he retires to state this very strong opinion that is pretty close to being a fact?

I thought Dante was going to be good for us, and I was wrong. I knew Trent Green was going to be bad for us, and I was right. It happens.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins7273 View Post
    What's really embarrassing is that the fans actually know more than the front office. This should never happen, never really does anywhere... but it does here. Sad.
    If the fans had their way from 2000-2010, pretty sure the fans would have fielded a better team than Mueller/Spielmann could ever dream of.

Fans here wanted guys like Joe Staley, Patrick Willis, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Hakeem Nicks, just to name a few of the "popular" names that people were throwing out here on this forum. Pretty sure each one of those players would have been better picks than the ones we grabbed BUT HEY WE'RE NOT GM'S OR COACHES SO OUR OPINIONS ARE STUPID.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    STUD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerDolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    I hear what you're saying. But as far as Drew Brees goes, it was more out of desperation for a QB and wanting to take a chance, no one here knew what he would become at all. And I don't remembering anyone pining for Rodgers, everyone was satisfied with Ronnie Brown. I could also name some players that our fans also wanted and turned to ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    If the fans had their way from 2000-2010, pretty sure the fans would have fielded a better team than Mueller/Spielmann could ever dream of.

Fans here wanted guys like Joe Staley, Patrick Willis, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Hakeem Nicks, just to name a few of the "popular" names that people were throwing out here on this forum. Pretty sure each one of those players would have been better picks than the ones we grabbed BUT HEY WE'RE NOT GM'S OR COACHES SO OUR OPINIONS ARE STUPID.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanISS View Post
    I think the guys who blindly want to try inactive players just to "give them a shot" or my favorite "couldn't do any worse" are most off base. The coaches want to win more than we do, they're not keeping the players who give us the best chance to win on the bench.
    I agree with the spirit of your post, but there are sometimes where the coaches are completely wrong about a player. The firedavewannstadt website that was around years ago listed his numerous poor decisions regarding who he sat on the bench with the Bears, and who he played over them, and just how wrong he was about most of them. The only one I can remember right now is Marty Booker, who Wanny kept on the bench in favor of a guy who washed out.
    Quote Quote