Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GOP voter suppression strategy backfired on election day

1. -11
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't watch Fox thank you. There were/are veteran associations that were asked by local neighborhoods to watch for any intimidation tactics. Some retired SEALs and SF went out to protect all voters who might have felt afraid to enter pollling stations.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreeden View Post
    I don't watch Fox thank you. There were/are veteran associations that were asked by local neighborhoods to watch for any intimidation tactics. Some retired SEALs and SF went out to protect all voters who might have felt afraid to enter pollling stations.
    So one black guy is a Black Panther intimidating people? And you're convinced of this? I suggest not going to the South then, you'll see "Black Panthers" everywhere...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    That article is a joke. It's all hearsay, and probably bull****. If that was true, do you honestly think Limbaugh wouldn't be on the air 24/7 raising hell? Do you think Fox News wouldn't be having an anger aneurism right now? Neither of them are, and that should speak volumes for the legitimacy of the claims in that article.

I wouldn't be throwing fits. I realize that none of our lives will change, regardless of who is in the white house. This is all sensationalism brought on by the politic pundits on MSNBC and Fox News. Your life isn't going to change as a result of Obama being elected, and neither will anyone else's in this forum. Unless you're an unskilled worked who is unemployed, then you might have an easier time finding gainful employment. But that has nothing to do with the President and everything to do with the economy recovering...
    No more of a joke than Salon or HP or any other liberal blog.

Why do you so blindly dismiss a claim simply because you don't see it any media? Do you honestly think any MSM would carry anything remotely disparaging to Obama? Let me answer that for you......no.

I could care less what Rush or FOX carry as their stories. They probably see it as a mute point and may very well be. But to me, this is an example of why voter registration and voting practices need to be addressed.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You're right Locke, ONE guy is not Black Panther intimidation...MANY are. And as for voter fraud...

http://marketdailynews.com/2012/11/1...on-was-a-sham/

There are any number of links I could provide. Not saying it would have changed the result only that it happened. No sour grapes....disappointment surely...but not sour. I'm pretty sure you would be throwing utter fits had the results been different.
    Oh, i dont know...walk past them maybe? If they stop you call the cops, perhaps? If they lay a hand on you, press charges? Yeah, thats totally the same as the government trying to systematically prevent people from voting. Completely the same. Thank god for small government.

And the stats for voter fraud were microscopic. You know, before the GOP got involved. Then the numbers raised. Example:
    What first appeared to be an isolated problem in one Florida county has now spread statewide, with election officials in nine counties informing prosecutors or state election officials about questionable voter registration forms filled out on behalf of the Republican Party of Florida.
    http://news.yahoo.com/voter-registra...-election.html

Anyone who is truly a fan of small government should applaud this thread. Its everyday citizens using and protecting their constitutional rights. Its individuals taking their responsibilities seriously and making sure their vote is counted. What a couple of guys standing outside a voting place has to do with it is beyond me.
    And your right: had the government successfully prevented people from voting i would be enraged. Instead they failed, people got to use their constitutional rights, and im very pleased with that.

Oh, and to answer your question about "wheres my articles", let me clarify for all: im not the only one who can make a thread. Shocking, i know. Feel free to throw up the "Black Panthers intimidated voters" thread. No one is stopping you.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Spesh, so where's your article(s) on Black Panther intimidation polling or voter fraud in PA and OH?
    If you lose like Gore lost to Bush, then you might have a little room to nitpick on things like voter fraud/intimidation, and how they could have swung the election. But if you lose like Romney, then you just need to man up and cut the excuses. Let's just say intimidation and fraud cost Romney PA and OH, and we give both states to him. Guess what, he still loses by 50 electoral votes.

It would be like if the fins beat the Jets by 50 points, and Sanchez complained in a press conference about not getting a pass interference call in the 4th quarter.
    Quote Quote