Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: The O-Line

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The O-Line

Why has our offensive line regressed so much recently? It seemed like they were comfortable with the new zone blocking scheme and were routinely creating lanes for Bush and company earlier in the year. Recently they seem to be whiffing on all their blocks and letting lineman beat them to the point of attack, stuffing the run before it has a chance to develop. Is it because they are not athletic enough or because our running game has gotten too predictable. This is a huge game for our O-line, they need to wake the he'll up and start performing.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree, it is concerning to see the offensive line struggling of late especially when you consider how much has been invested in that unit. 2 first round picks and a 2nd round pick....they must play better. Otherwise, Tannehill is going to get killed and our running backs are going to continue to have no room to run. As to why their play has regressed, it's hard to say.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They've looked mediocre ever since teams started loading the box to stop the run around the Arizona game.

The Dolphins needs some serious threats and weapons in the passing game to open things up, for defenses to lay back more, so the O-line doesn't have to block 8 or 9 guys. Against the Dolphins, opposing safeties have little responsibilities, and that has to change quickly if the Dolphins want to go places in the coming seasons and foreseeable future.

Guys like Hartline and Fasano scare absolutely no one.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinNation View Post
    I agree, it is concerning to see the offensive line struggling of late especially when you consider how much has been invested in that unit. 2 first round picks and a 2nd round pick....they must play better. Otherwise, Tannehill is going to get killed and our running backs are going to continue to have no room to run. As to why their play has regressed, it's hard to say.
    i can say one thing that is VERY VERY POSSIBLE , because they know we dont have any REAL DEEP THREAT AT WR and our midget WRs CANT GO DEEP with CBs that are standing about a FOOT TALLER than they are and its hard to throw the ball over CBs ,and they are covering one on one and bringing there saftey into the box and stacking it, we are having to guard against an extra player , putting pressure on our OL ,we need a couple of taller WRs to ba able to run DEEP routes where Tanny can throw it up and they will be able to go up and get it, imo thats a whole lot of our problem.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_taylor View Post
    i can say one thing that is VERY VERY POSSIBLE , because they know we dont have any REAL DEEP THREAT AT WR and our midget WRs CANT GO DEEP with CBs that are standing about a FOOT TALLER than they are and its hard to throw the ball over CBs ,and they are covering one on one and bringing there saftey into the box and stacking it, we are having to guard against an extra player , putting pressure on our OL ,we need a couple of taller WRs to ba able to run DEEP routes where Tanny can throw it up and they will be able to go up and get it, imo thats a whole lot of our problem.
    I agree we need a legit number 1 WR to spread the offense more and get better match ups but hartline ain't no midget
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    I agree we need a legit number 1 WR to spread the offense more and get better match ups but hartline ain't no midget
    he might as well be when he is going up against 6ft3 cbs , but more or less im talkin about bess theres noway to throw the ball over the top to him thats why we need a WR thats 6ft 3 /6ft 4 so that Tanny can throw over the top , bess is a slot and cant be used as a deep threat WR.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i tell yo what , if we would go out and bring T.O. and or Plax in ( JUST FOR THIS YEAR) we would all see a very BIG diffrence in this team AND in Tanny , imo it would be like day and night in this offence ,and Tanny wouldnt have to be taken all these big hits .
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know why anyone is surprised about our oline. When was the last time we had a great Oline?.....back in the 80's, that's when. Ever since Ireland got here they made the oline their priority.That's what Bill and Ireland wanted to do. Build the team from the inside out and up front first. They drafted like about 12 linemen in their first year and then they have added pic after pic to the oline and they still haven't gotten it right. I can already see them drafting 2 or 3 more in april. In the mean time we'll try to find a playmaker or 2 with our 7 round pics.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    425 yards rushing (70 per game) in the last 6 games.

We had 524 rushing yards in the 1st 3 games.

Currently 19th in the league with 105 yards per game.

If we keep putting up these 70 yard efforts we will be near the bottom of the league by years end after starting near the top.

To me it has been the other team stacking the box and forcing us to pass. Tannehill has made some plays against this tactic.

But we are only averaging 18 points per game since this started happening. That is not enough to back them out of it.

Just have to make some more scoring plays in the passing game to get the running game going. Pass to setup the run.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even last year our offensive line wasn't great. It's gotten worse this year, but I think we'd be fine if we just gave Reggie the carries we were giving him last season and at the beginning of this season. I think it's quite pointless to be giving Daniel Thomas carries. The dude may give you 2 yards, he may give 6 or 7, but he doesn't give you big play ability, and I always think those 6 or 7 yard gains could have been 25 yard gains for Reggie. Top guys in the league aren't constantly gashing off 5 to 10 yard runs on every play. It's 2 yards, 3 yards, 4 yards THEN BOOM, 50 yard run. You don't get that run with anyone but Reggie.
    Quote Quote