Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Tebow The Terrible" - Multiple Jest Players Slam Woody's Folly

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Of course Rex chimes in and refers to the anonymous players as cowards. Now Shonn Greene says maybe its Tebow Time. What a bunch of ass clowns. They have surpassed the idiocy of Al Davis and the dark days of the Raiders.
    especially since Shonn has been playing worse than the QB. Losing is never fun so it doesnt' matter that the guys are making bigger fools of themselves, losing hurts all the same.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    especially since Shonn has been playing worse than the QB. Losing is never fun so it doesnt' matter that the guys are making bigger fools of themselves, losing hurts all the same.

i'm not sure how you can defend this crap.

it's one thing to be losing.

it's another thing to look like a bunch of assclowns in public time and again. i liked rex at first but he has fostered a culture there that needs to be reversed if the jets want to become a good team ever. our gm is a freaking accountant who makes bonehead move after bonehead move. did you know that the jets were gonna go after cameron wake and he vetoed it? we really could have used a passrusher like him. he brought tebow here and that has become a disaster. gholston? sanchez? greene? the right tackle debacle. we have had the lowest number of draft picks of any team the past 4 years and we haven't really hit on any of them. hopefully wilkerson and coples will pan out. hill is raw so it remains to be seen. if we can't lure a real football guy to take over as gm and get some real scouts over here then we are looking at a long long next few years. there is no way to sugarcoat this crap. the jets are bad, and their management is terrible.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsattack View Post
    i'm not sure how you can defend this crap.

it's one thing to be losing.

it's another thing to look like a bunch of assclowns in public time and again. i liked rex at first but he has fostered a culture there that needs to be reversed if the jets want to become a good team ever. our gm is a freaking accountant who makes bonehead move after bonehead move. did you know that the jets were gonna go after cameron wake and he vetoed it? we really could have used a passrusher like him. he brought tebow here and that has become a disaster. gholston? sanchez? greene? the right tackle debacle. we have had the lowest number of draft picks of any team the past 4 years and we haven't really hit on any of them. hopefully wilkerson and coples will pan out. hill is raw so it remains to be seen. if we can't lure a real football guy to take over as gm and get some real scouts over here then we are looking at a long long next few years. there is no way to sugarcoat this crap. the jets are bad, and their management is terrible.
    I'm not defending it, it doesn't really affect me. The team is losing, that is what is embarrassing. if they want to look like clowns it doesn't bother me. I care about wins and losses, if they were out committing crimes then I'd be more embarrassed but they aren't. The losing is the embarrassing part.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I'm not defending it, it doesn't really affect me. The team is losing, that is what is embarrassing. if they want to look like clowns it doesn't bother me. I care about wins and losses, if they were out committing crimes then I'd be more embarrassed but they aren't. The losing is the embarrassing part.
    Why knock the Dolphins for their orange carpet ****ty ideas and all the minority owners? Those weren't football related but you rubbed it in the faces of the guys on this site.

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Why knock the Dolphins for their orange carpet ****ty ideas and all the minority owners? Those weren't football related but you rubbed it in the faces of the guys on this site.
    how can you compare what we are doing to the orange carpet nonsense? In '08 we had a similar embarrassment w/ jenn Sterger being the "hostess" for games. I bashed the Jets up and down for that, I remember minutes before the team was taking the field for our home opener she was interviewing mark ecko about the cheerleaders unifors. It was a disgrace, that's non fottoball stuff creeping into football. Our circus act all revolves around football.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    how can you compare what we are doing to the orange carpet nonsense? In '08 we had a similar embarrassment w/ jenn Sterger being the "hostess" for games. I bashed the Jets up and down for that, I remember minutes before the team was taking the field for our home opener she was interviewing mark ecko about the cheerleaders unifors. It was a disgrace, that's non fottoball stuff creeping into football. Our circus act all revolves around football.
    Why was the orange carpet idea nonsense? Did you ever see it live? You wouldn't even have known about it if you weren't at Sun Life Stadium. There were no cameras from ESPN or anywhere there focusing on it. I was there vs. the Jets a few years back and a few people got dropped off by either a limo or town car and they walked into the stadium that way while having fans take photos of them. That didn't possibly cause any distractions to the team and how they played.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In fact professional stadiums and arenas all over the country partake in non-sport "events" that are created to keep fan interest. The world we live in today is one where kids and teenagers have to constantly be entertained and I'm sure a lot of adults are that way too. It's just how it is in most areas.

Earlier this year the Washington Nationals had a 'Turn Back the Clock Night' vs. SF. Check it out:

The Nationals and Giants paid homage to their 1924 clubs -- Washington was the Senators at the time, but also referred to as the Nationals -- by wearing retro jerseys, while the ballpark staff wore replica uniforms.The club also had special offers on concessions, organ music throughout the game and video tributes to the 1924 club.
    Johnson said it's a good opportunity to look back on the players he grew up admiring.
    Aside from the video tributes, there were no kiss-cams, there were no President races (which the Nats do every game in the middle innings), no guess which ball is in the pizza box crap they put up to entertain kids, no walk-up music, etc.

We'll never see those sort of things happen again (referring to the throwback style) like they did years and years ago. Human beings these days crave more. I'm not saying it's right at all, that's just how I see it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why was the orange carpet idea nonsense? Did you ever see it live? You wouldn't even have known about it if you weren't at Sun Life Stadium. There were no cameras from ESPN or anywhere there focusing on it. I was there vs. the Jets a few years back and a few people got dropped off by either a limo or town car and they walked into the stadium that way while having fans take photos of them. That didn't possibly cause any distractions to the team and how they played.
    Your owner opened a NIGHT CLUB at Dolphin games! the ornage carpet, "celebrity" owners, nightclubs were a joke.

In fact professional stadiums and arenas all over the country partake in non-sport "events" that are created to keep fan interest. The world we live in today is one where kids and teenagers have to constantly be entertained and I'm sure a lot of adults are that way too. It's just how it is in most areas.

Earlier this year the Washington Nationals had a 'Turn Back the Clock Night' vs. SF. Check it out:

Aside from the video tributes, there were no kiss-cams, there were no President races (which the Nats do every game in the middle innings), no guess which ball is in the pizza box crap they put up to entertain kids, no walk-up music, etc.

We'll never see those sort of things happen again (referring to the throwback style) like they did years and years ago. Human beings these days crave more. I'm not saying it's right at all, that's just how I see it.
    I realize we live in a short attention span world but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

the stuff on the video boards during commercials is one thing, having a sideline "hostess" discusing fashion 5 mins before your home opener is a disgrace just like the orange carper/nightclub nonsense.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Hated the red carpet, celebrity owner, stadium club nonsense. I don't think it had any effect on the team but it was cheesy as hell. I mean who goes to a nightclub during a football game and who the hell wants to stay in that area after one. One of the worst ideas was when we added the male cheerleaders to the squad. God, what were they thinking
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Your owner opened a NIGHT CLUB at Dolphin games! the ornage carpet, "celebrity" owners, nightclubs were a joke.
    All non-football related topics that don't affect the actual team. You don't care about the non-football stuff regarding the Jets, I feel the same towards the Dolphins.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I realize we live in a short attention span world but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

the stuff on the video boards during commercials is one thing, having a sideline "hostess" discusing fashion 5 mins before your home opener is a disgrace just like the orange carper/nightclub nonsense.
    I agree with you. All of the hoopla you see while attending a game can be very overbearing. I shouldn't have to see a video that tells me to make noise. It should be something we as fans know to do on our own. I've seen this in plenty of stadiums.

Like you were saying, who the **** cares was Mark Ecko has to say about anything? Maybe if we were in Macy's or something....
    Quote Quote