Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phins Fits, Misfits, and Playing Tag

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadi-Phin View Post
    The thing is his run blocking,which the scheme truly effects, hasn't dropped off. I think having Cogs next to him who is a terrible fit has to be upgraded. His pass pro has struggled this year but he still not terrible. Look at what Philly, Arizona are going through. thinking they upgraded and didn't. Thats what I worry about. We have a good LT who doesn't suck every single play.
    FWIW, last year Long ranked #22 in pass pro, and #30 in run block. This year, he is #27 in pass pro, and #46 on the run.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know he is ranked lower but when I actually see the games I'm blaming more to the RB dancing or not taking the cut back lanes. PFF never takes into account how long the OL had to hold the block only if their guy eventually makes the tackle or dirupts the play.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    sean smiths play has fallen off the table of late...he was awful sunday...awful...reggie bush needs to be let go if he wants good money...he hasn't played a great game as a running back since week 1...starks play has fallen off pass rush wise of late as teams are paying him more attention...i'd lock up carroll on the cheap now cause once again this week he was the best corner on the team and he's improving at a good rate...clemons is the only other db that i thought had a good game this week but overall he's been average so i'd either offer him on the cheap or make him wait it out...fasano and hartline ehhh...no more than $6 mil per...and god hartline at $6 mil makes me a little sick in my mouth...i know reshad jones is not coming up yet but he had a bad game this week also...jake longs play this year has been average to poor he's not even playing like a $6 mil tackle right now...yeesh...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that loss was so dis heartening i had to take a break from talking football...first game the team came out flat and stayed flat first game the staff did not have the guys prepared...it doesn't help that we have the worst home crowd in football that lower bowl was more empty than a wnba stadium it's embarrassing the turnout this team gets from the locals...there was no life in the stands and no life on the field...

every time we made a play bush either fumbled or cog got some stupid dang penalty that put us right back in the fog...sleep walking...disheartening...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadi-Phin View Post
    The thing is his run blocking,which the scheme truly effects, hasn't dropped off. I think having Cogs next to him who is a terrible fit has to be upgraded. His pass pro has struggled this year but he still not terrible. Look at what Philly, Arizona are going through. thinking they upgraded and didn't. Thats what I worry about. We have a good LT who doesn't suck every single play.
    This being repeated does not make it true. Long's actually struggled run blocking way more often this year then he has in previous years. At least, according to PFF
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    that loss was so dis heartening i had to take a break from talking football...first game the team came out flat and stayed flat first game the staff did not have the guys prepared...it doesn't help that we have the worst home crowd in football that lower bowl was more empty than a wnba stadium it's embarrassing the turnout this team gets from the locals...there was no life in the stands and no life on the field...

every time we made a play bush either fumbled or cog got some stupid dang penalty that put us right back in the fog...sleep walking...disheartening...
    Hoops, something I've been thinking about in traffic the past couple days is what affect did the demoralizing loss to Indy have on the players. Everyone outside the organization was talking about the Fins as potential playoff contenders if they could beat the Colts. This probably led to the same talk inside the locker room. Hell the coachers were probably telling the players this is your chance to make a statement and get in the dirver's seat for your playoff destiny.

Then the disappointing loss occurred. Not just an average loss but one where they had plenty of chances to come up with game changing plays to secure a win yet no one could deliver. Add that in with some head scratching calls from the zebra's and it could demoralize any team. I just think with all the close losses piling up and our playoff door almost shut it could be severely dampened the attitude/atmosphere of the team. Am I crazy?
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hartline currently has better stats than Pittsburgh's Antonio Brown who recently signed his second contract.
    Here are the details of his deal, Not sure $6M is going to keep him.

7/27/2012: Signed a six-year, $43.04 million contract. The deal included an $8.5 million signing bonus. 2012: $540,000, 2013: $2 million (+ $2.5 million roster bonus), 2014-2015: $6 million, 2016: $8.25 million, 2017: $8.71 million, 2018: Free Agent
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    Hoops, something I've been thinking about in traffic the past couple days is what affect did the demoralizing loss to Indy have on the players. Everyone outside the organization was talking about the Fins as potential playoff contenders if they could beat the Colts. This probably led to the same talk inside the locker room. Hell the coachers were probably telling the players this is your chance to make a statement and get in the dirver's seat for your playoff destiny.

Then the disappointing loss occurred. Not just an average loss but one where they had plenty of chances to come up with game changing plays to secure a win yet no one could deliver. Add that in with some head scratching calls from the zebra's and it could demoralize any team. I just think with all the close losses piling up it could be severely dampened the attitude/atmosphere of the team. Am I crazy? Hopefully Philbin can pull them out of the rut.
    Bingo, the offense just don't seem the same after that loss. Seems to have lost confidence once RT17 lost to Luck

Although I think it goes back to the 4th quarter of the win over Jets.

We had plenty of chances to hold the ball and run the game out. Instead Sanchez leads 94 yard drive for Td and then several other drives.

The D was on the field a long time in that game in the end. They don't look the same since then. That is a game where Moore could have done the Defense a favor and put toether some long drives to exhaust the game.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post

Then the disappointing loss occurred. Not just an average loss but one where they had plenty of chances to come up with game changing plays to secure a win yet no one could deliver. Add that in with some head scratching calls from the zebra's and it could demoralize any team. I just think with all the close losses piling up and our playoff door almost shut it could be severely dampened the attitude/atmosphere of the team. Am I crazy?
    this team got too big for its britches...watched tennessee tape the week prior and this season and decided that they were gonna wax a bad team and a bad qb both of which tennessee is and the crowd and energy wasn't there from the get...like they had this idea that thay had arrived and we didn't need to show up...jake locker stinks...the other thing is this team can't overcome turnovers...just not talented enough on o right now...

reggie bush is way overrated around these parts...the lack of a mismatch win wr is really showing up ugly now...

all that said a well coached team bounces back after a week like that and i do believe this is a well coached team...so i expect tomorrow for us to show up
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post

I was at the game, and regretted going. It was the worst game, in any sport, I have ever been to, from the play of the team and the "crowd." The only good thing was the Cheerleaders. Consider that I have been to many Marlins games.
    Quote Quote