Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Logo change comments from Marino, Griese

1. -41
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach attach View Post
    Dan Marino and Bob Griese...said they nailed it.
    I trashed my helmet sig for good! If Marino/Griese said they nailed it, that's good enough for me.
    Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything. Larry Csonka

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They could still have the logo facing the same way on the helmet, but have it going the other way on all other materials. The only forward-facing logo I can think of is the Eagles. All the others face left to right. Eg. Cardinals, Falcons, Panthers, Patriots, Bills, etc.

Look at all the logos lined up next to each other at the top of http://www.nfl.com/ to see what I mean. The Eagles logo is the only one facing the other way.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol this thread just cracks me up. "THE DOLPHIN IS FACING THE OTHER WAY!!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!" Give me a break people, stop jumping to conclusions and speculating, we will find out soon enough and if Dan and Brian say they like it then that should be enough for all of you to step away from the ledge and just let this play out.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Ramblin' Man

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houma, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    They could still have the logo facing the same way on the helmet, but have it going the other way on all other materials. The only forward-facing logo I can think of is the Eagles. All the others face left to right. Eg. Cardinals, Falcons, Panthers, Patriots, Bills, etc.

Look at all the logos lined up next to each other at the top of http://www.nfl.com/ to see what I mean. The Eagles logo is the only one facing the other way.
    That's interesting. Without looking I would have guessed all the logos would be left to right. Maybe that's the Eagles major malfunction!
    If you ever want to see a rainbow, you've got to stand a little rain.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Logo change comments from Marino, Griese

Doesn't the league mandate all logos must face "forward"; meaning toward the mask on helmets, and toward the breastplate on uniforms?
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    all white is classy
    I too would like to go back to the 72 uniforms or at least that shade of Aqua
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For whatever it's worth, I know the poster Crazy685 personally. I haven't discussed this with him, but if he says he's seen it, he's seen it.

Edit: Now that I've texted back and forth with him, I can confirm how he saw it (it's weird posting it that way when he's posting in the same thread, lol). I've seen a preliminary artists concept and confirm that it's helmetless (don't pm me. I won't send it to you). He's keeping the more final version under wraps which I understand. We'll see it soon enough.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 11-15-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I love a helmetless dolphin, but why on earth would the dolphin face the other way? I don't think that would make much sense. It definitely wouldn't be in keeping with tradition. Most logos read from left to right because that's how Americans read things, unlike those in Asian cultures who read from right to left.
    Whoa. I edited my post and added some more details, but for some reason it didn't take. My apologies guys.

To steal a more apt description from him:

"In essence its a dolphin, more realistic dolphin sort of gracefully soaring in the air, with a big radial sun behind it. That's it. No helmet on the dolphin. Just looks like a cleaner modernized logo."

Personally, I saw it in phase 3, which was apparently one of the final "mock ups". I didn't talk to the guy (team) who designed it. The Dolphin picture I saw was reversed but that could easily be the way they do things in beta of graphic design? I honestly have no idea. He didn't say "It'll face the other way" or anything, just showed me the pic

Sun is 100% in the background. I honestly liked the logo, and I love our current logo, so take that for what it's worth. Like I said, feel free to quote me months from now when they release it and laugh/gasp at how close/far away I was

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT FinFan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like keeping the sun...
    Less cartoony & more realistic Dolphin sounds interesting...
    Not sure how I feel about the helmet, I'll need to wait to see it first.
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Logo change comments from Marino, Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Whoa. I edited my post and added some more details, but for some reason it didn't take. My apologies guys.

To steal a more apt description from him:

"In essence its a dolphin, more realistic dolphin sort of gracefully soaring in the air, with a big radial sun behind it. That's it. No helmet on the dolphin. Just looks like a cleaner modernized logo."

Personally, I saw it in phase 3, which was apparently one of the final "mock ups". I didn't talk to the guy (team) who designed it. The Dolphin picture I saw was reversed but that could easily be the way they do things in beta of graphic design? I honestly have no idea. He didn't say "It'll face the other way" or anything, just showed me the pic

Sun is 100% in the background. I honestly liked the logo, and I love our current logo, so take that for what it's worth. Like I said, feel free to quote me months from now when they release it and laugh/gasp at how close/far away I was

Good stuff Crazy, thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing the final version.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote