Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Logo change comments from Marino, Griese

1. -91
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by houtz View Post
    I assume anyone who hates on the dolphins stadium logo is in their mid 50's? Only a old, grumpy old man would hate on that logo. Throw the sun behind it and it's one of the sharpest, modern logos in the league.

I'd prefer a throwback but that Dolphins stadium logo takes a wet, stinky dump all over that ridiculous logo we have right now.
    You're kidding right? It looks like a Jet. It's bland, and is not like any other NFL logo. It would fit in the some BS Canadian league because it looks like crap. It's a mock dolphin. Stick with the old logo and make the Dolphin a bit meaner looking or change the angle. Dallas uses two helments so how about an alternate Aqua helmet.
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherif View Post
    You're kidding right? It looks like a Jet. It's bland, and is not like any other NFL logo. It would fit in the some BS Canadian league because it looks like crap. It's a mock dolphin. Stick with the old logo and make the Dolphin a bit meaner looking or change the angle. Dallas uses two helments so how about an alternate Aqua helmet.
    A mean dolphin? I'm sorry but you really can't make a Dolphin look mean. Our current logo proved that. I think it looks like a jet if you want to see a Jet. Do you want to see a Jet?

Personally I love the Dolphins stadium logo. They already said its going to look similar so you should probably get use to it awhile.

What pisses me off is a few members have seen it and can't even give us a hint. Surely they're not sworn by
    law to keep it a secret.
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I am not in my 50's. I have respect though for the best periods of Fins Football. I was not around in the 70's...born in 76. However, I got hooked by Marino in the mid 80's. Throwback to the happy Dolphin jumping through the sun.
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They already said its going to look similar so you should probably get use to it awhile.
    Like I said, it'll make it easier for me to miss crappy losses like the ones against Indy and Buffalo if they wore hats with that stupid looking Dolphin. I flies against tradition. I'm good with changes like in This link but a complete brand change would be disaster.
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I am not in my 50's. I have respect though for the best periods of Fins Football. I was not around in the 70's...born in 76. However, I got hooked by Marino in the mid 80's. Throwback to the happy Dolphin jumping through the sun.
    I said I prefer the throwback. Those were the days i remember as a child. I wasn't around in the 70's but I prefer that color scheme and logo in general. But in this modern era that Dolphin stadium looks pretty ****ing sick.
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the uniforms we have right now are the best they have ever been. Having said that I do think change could be good. It could also be a disaster. But most teams that have made complete overhauls to their uniform and logos have had some pretty impressive turnarounds. Teams that were complete failures like Tampa, New England, Atlanta, Airzona, and Seattle went to superbowls shortly after their logo changes. You can throw the Browns into that list as well, when they changed to the Ravens and moved, they too have turned around a franchise that had never been to a superbowl.

I say everything has a shelf life, including team vision. We need to aim for a tougher look and feel, no more pastel colors. We aren't a soccer team, this is Americian football. I think a little reinventing could be a good thing. Heaven knows we haven't done much with the way things have been the last couple decades.
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Torrance, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=sh...d-1/pid-558858

This is the new "impact design' Nike has for all the teams. I'm NOT for a black jersey, but it does look awesome. I posted it cause I really like the numbers and could see a gray version similar to this. Oh that would be sick. If Reggie gets resigned next year, I'm buying this.
    The future of the Miami Dolphins offense!!!!

From left to right...Michael Egnew, Lamar Miller, and Ryan Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    Cement Shoes Distributor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina (from MIAMI)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lets make the Dolphins eye plain red.....more menacing, almost possessed
    I Love JESUS CHRIST
    To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    You say that is too bland and then bring up the 70s logo?? WOW, you can google the word bland and the first thng that comes up is that ugly bland dolphins logo from the 70s.

Are there others more bland?? Browns had no ideas so they didn't even try, the jets and giants put their big apple minds together and decided just to spell out their logo. Chicago tried to follow suit but could figure out what came after "C" so they just went with that, Green Bay and San Fran did the same. So no matter HOW bad we do we are still WAAAAY ahead of most of the other teams.
    Sometimes.......less is more.
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What pisses me off is a few members have seen it and can't even give us a hint. Surely they're not sworn by
    law to keep it a secret.
    Who else has seen it besides me, the guy who has given multiple clues as to what it looks like
    Quote Quote