Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The numbers are not Tannehill's friend

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks

Player The numbers are not Tannehill's friend

I honestly did not realize that things were this bad. I didn't watch any of last week so I just wrote it off as an anomaly, but Tannehill really sucks if you go by stats. It's pretty embarrasing. Here's a link to Mando's post about the numbers in Marino, Henne, and Tanny's first 9 NFL starts. Yuk.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...2-0-w-31-.html

For a few weeks he was passing the eye test but this really doesn't bode well. He seems like the worst QB taken in the whole draft at this point. I guess the Kiper's and Mayok's of the world were right. We could've taken a true impact player at another position and picked up some guy in the 3rd round and be a better team right now.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17

I'm embarrassed...by a lot of fans.

In other news...amazing the kind of collapse we had in 2009. Started 6-3 and finished 1-6.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post

I'm embarrassed...by a lot of fans.

In other news...amazing the kind of collapse we had in 2009. Started 6-3 and finished 1-6.
    No we started 0-3 and then Henne came in and went 7-3 and then loss the last 3
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    No we started 0-3 and then Henne came in and went 7-3 and then loss the last 3
    That makes more sense cause I didn't remember a 6-3 start.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

2/3 of his INTs came in 2 games. He is a rookie coming off 19 starts in college. He has the arguably the worst receiving corps in the league, without a 3rd option to speak of. He has a mediocre group of TEs, which are supposed to be a rookie QB's failsafe. The running game has been stuck in neutral since week 3.

I know those all sound like excuses, but they are what they are. Tannehill has played remarkably well given the circumstances and has exceeded everyone's expectations. I believe he will get back on track tomorrow night.
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher, Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Additionally, that chart is very misleading because Mando the Moron included the Jets game as part of his "9 game total", when Tannehill played 5 snaps before getting injured.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brace thyself...Its going to get ugly around here...

You don't post negative about the QB (unless his last name is Moore), Jake Long (under ANY circumstance) & our top 5 TE ... most everone else is fair game.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by N-E-O View Post

You don't post negative about the QB (unless his last name is Moore), Jake Long (under ANY circumstance) & our top 5 TE ... most everone else is fair game.
    give it a break. Long has been far from untouchable this season.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by N-E-O View Post

Dude. We Would Not Be Talking About Tannehill in this Post If We Had Taken MATT RYAN > JAKE LONG. Jake Long has a Good Chance of not being on this Team Next Year, and Matt Ryan is just hitting his Prime. I know I am beating a Dead Horse. But we defended Chad Henne and Jake Long to Death. And Guess What they are both Average. Matt Ryan or Drew Brees both could have been Miami Dolphin QB's. The Reason the Stadium is Half Empty is Jake Long.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pepperwood View Post
    Dude. We Would Not Be Talking About Tannehill in this Post If We Had Taken MATT RYAN > JAKE LONG. Jake Long has a Good Chance of not being on this Team Next Year, and Matt Ryan is just hitting his Prime. I know I am beating a Dead Horse. But we defended Chad Henne and Jake Long to Death. And Guess What they are both Average. Matt Ryan or Drew Brees both could have been Miami Dolphin QB's. The Reason the Stadium is Half Empty is Jake Long.
    Dude, we would not be talking about Tannehill, or wondering if Matt Ryan will ever come up clutch when it's "one and done" instant death if we had taken Aaron Rodgers instead of an oft-injured part time SEC RB now at the end of his career. It's likely that neither Melting Matty nor Big Jake would have been anywhere in our discussion

(League and SB MVPs) Aaron Rodgers >> the field

Quote Quote