Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The numbers are not Tannehill's friend

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks

Player The numbers are not Tannehill's friend

I honestly did not realize that things were this bad. I didn't watch any of last week so I just wrote it off as an anomaly, but Tannehill really sucks if you go by stats. It's pretty embarrasing. Here's a link to Mando's post about the numbers in Marino, Henne, and Tanny's first 9 NFL starts. Yuk.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...2-0-w-31-.html

For a few weeks he was passing the eye test but this really doesn't bode well. He seems like the worst QB taken in the whole draft at this point. I guess the Kiper's and Mayok's of the world were right. We could've taken a true impact player at another position and picked up some guy in the 3rd round and be a better team right now.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks

I'm embarrassed...by a lot of fans.

In other news...amazing the kind of collapse we had in 2009. Started 6-3 and finished 1-6.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

2/3 of his INTs came in 2 games. He is a rookie coming off 19 starts in college. He has the arguably the worst receiving corps in the league, without a 3rd option to speak of. He has a mediocre group of TEs, which are supposed to be a rookie QB's failsafe. The running game has been stuck in neutral since week 3.

I know those all sound like excuses, but they are what they are. Tannehill has played remarkably well given the circumstances and has exceeded everyone's expectations. I believe he will get back on track tomorrow night.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post

I'm embarrassed...by a lot of fans.

In other news...amazing the kind of collapse we had in 2009. Started 6-3 and finished 1-6.
    No we started 0-3 and then Henne came in and went 7-3 and then loss the last 3
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Additionally, that chart is very misleading because Mando the Moron included the Jets game as part of his "9 game total", when Tannehill played 5 snaps before getting injured.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brace thyself...Its going to get ugly around here...

You don't post negative about the QB (unless his last name is Moore), Jake Long (under ANY circumstance) & our top 5 TE ... most everone else is fair game.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, the Jet game is in there, but so is the first one when he was 16-36. I'm not expecting Peyton Manning here but some of these completion %s are heinous. If he feels good enough about launching it out there, he must feel someone's open enough to validate the attempt. From the eye test, the short passes just to backs have been ugly.

I dunno, maybe this was a dumb thread. I've written many posts fluffing Tanny this year too. He has made a lot of great throws and I'm sure he threaded some needles on Sunday too. The numbers are just so ugly that it's hard to spread the blame his way as well. I know one of his picks was tipped, one of his picks was Fasano just giving him zero help in fending off a DB, and I didn't even see the 3rd pick and maybe that was Tanny's only real clear-cut boner. I was watching highlights of all the games Sunday night and was amazed at how many ugly interceptions there were. QBs are gonna throw picks. It's just that there's just next to zero explosive pass plays and so few touchdowns that every mistake is amplified. You can't do that to a QB.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    No we started 0-3 and then Henne came in and went 7-3 and then loss the last 3
    That makes more sense cause I didn't remember a 6-3 start.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sooo what exactly does the OP want? Draft another 1st round qb? Besides has anyone seen Hennes play in Jacksonville after being in the league for what 5 years now? OMG!!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am starting to loathe this. I don't even know why I bother.
    Quote Quote