Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The numbers are not Tannehill's friend

1. -11
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Damn Henne was pretty good in his first few games. Tannehill's numbers are awful.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we will know what we have in a QB after the season is played out. We could see some really big games from him coming up, or if he continues this mediocre performance, the future may not be looking so good.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

The numbers are not Tannehill's friend

Those who focus on numbers fail to understand the characteristics your looking for in the QB. If you did you would see the tremendous difference in ability in every aspect of the position between Henne and Tannehill. Its not even close.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    I honestly did not realize that things were this bad. I didn't watch any of last week so I just wrote it off as an anomaly, but Tannehill really sucks if you go by stats. It's pretty embarrasing. Here's a link to Mando's post about the numbers in Marino, Henne, and Tanny's first 9 NFL starts. Yuk.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...2-0-w-31-.html

For a few weeks he was passing the eye test but this really doesn't bode well. He seems like the worst QB taken in the whole draft at this point. I guess the Kiper's and Mayok's of the world were right. We could've taken a true impact player at another position and picked up some guy in the 3rd round and be a better team right now.
    Posts like this are why people question spending their time on this site.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He looked overmatched against Andrew Luck. You can say that's sensible, or not a big deal, until you realize there are always going to be Andrew Luck-types as the obstacle in playoff games. Can Ryan Tannehill run the gauntlet in that type of setting, like Eli Manning has? I have my doubts, to put it kindly. Tannehill still looks like a combo Danny White/Drew Bledsoe to me, with the low delivery and not exactly the highest number of permutations I've ever seen toward a successful play. Andrew Luck can deke and dodge and adjust no matter how the play evolves from scripted.

I was wondering how the Dolphins would respond last week, after their rookie quarterback was clearly second best on the same field against Luck. The media never mentions that type of thing but I'm always looking for situational impact. I thought it was a natural letdown spot against the Titans when you have to concede your guy is not on the same level. Besides, the .500 or worse team as a 6 point or greater home favorite mode was in play, a negative scenario.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Didn't you know you can ONLY talk about the numbers when he's doing well?

When he's not doing well, the numbers don't matter, he's just a rookie, and he has no help.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Regardless of who doesn't like to admit it, the numbers certainly are not Tannehils friend. If someone not associated with football compared all these numbers, they would certainly say Tannehill is a horrible QB. Now we all know he is rookie and not everything is his fault, but... The numbers are on his stat sheet and that is how he will be measured when it comes time for contract extensions, awards, and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    I honestly did not realize that things were this bad. I didn't watch any of last week so I just wrote it off as an anomaly, but Tannehill really sucks if you go by stats. It's pretty embarrasing. Here's a link to Mando's post about the numbers in Marino, Henne, and Tanny's first 9 NFL starts. Yuk.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...2-0-w-31-.html

For a few weeks he was passing the eye test but this really doesn't bode well. He seems like the worst QB taken in the whole draft at this point. I guess the Kiper's and Mayok's of the world were right. We could've taken a true impact player at another position and picked up some guy in the 3rd round and be a better team right now.
    Now for those of us who do know Tannehill, there is still a bright bright light at the end of the tunnel. With that being said, the above quote is so far from accurate it almost unbearable to read, or to think someone out there actually believes it to be true... Lol.. I mean yeah, because all 3rd round players will become impact players and it is so easy to find on in later rounds, like you are insinuating.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Lol.. I mean yeah, because all 3rd round players will become impact players and it is so easy to find on in later rounds, like you are insinuating.
    Maybe he was just saying that we could having taken a receiver early in the 1st and then taken Russel Wilson in the 3rd. He was available and is currently out playing Tannehill.

I'm pretty sure that if Wilson were our QB we would have won a few more of those close games. Wilson has that it at the end of games that we haven't seen from Ryan yet.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Maybe he was just saying that we could having taken a receiver early in the 1st and then taken Russel Wilson in the 3rd. He was available and is currently out playing Tannehill.

I'm pretty sure that if Wilson were our QB we would have won a few more of those close games. Wilson has that it at the end of games that we haven't seen from Ryan yet.
    I'm pretty sure if Tannehill was in Seattle with that defense and offense he's have better numbers and everyone would be complaining why didn't we take Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post

You dont know that. Noone does. Russell could have very well and IMO played at the same level or worse than Tannehill had we drafted him. Lets not forget Russell has a dominating defense and a very very good running game. Something Tannehill does not have any something Wilson would have not have had we drafted him. Tannehill most likely would be tearing it up at the same level or better than Wilson had Seatlle drafted him.

I also find it hilarious that some argue that we should have taken a WR and then waited to the 3rd round for a QB, which was something everyone knows desperately needed. God, if we passed on a QB in the 1st, I couldnt imagine what this forum would look like.
    Quote Quote