Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The numbers are not Tannehill's friend

1. -21
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Seattle had a good defense last year. But it is better this year with Wilson leading the offense and keeping the d off the field.

Seattle's running game last year was nothing to write home about. Wilson scambling and gettiong 20 yards a game and making plays in the passing game has opened up their running game.

More excuses....
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by N-E-O View Post
    Brace thyself...Its going to get ugly around here...

You don't post negative about the QB (unless his last name is Moore), Jake Long (under ANY circumstance) & our top 5 TE ... most everone else is fair game.
    give it a break. Long has been far from untouchable this season.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He looks fairly decent in the offense that he is familiar with, but doesn't appear to have the competitive winning spirit.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The coach isn't helping him at all. We are a running team, we started the year out by running the football. But ever since Tanny had that big game we have been more of a passing team. Running downs have turned into passing downs. We are not putting him in the best position to succeed I don't think. Philbin needs to realize that it's not Favre or Rodgers out there, it's a rookie QB.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    He looks fairly decent in the offense that he is familiar with, but doesn't appear to have the competitive winning spirit.
    What do you base this on?
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Check those stats out for Henne, it should be 9-7 TD / INT atleast thats what i see.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Seattle had a good defense last year. But it is better this year with Wilson leading the offense and keeping the d off the field.

Seattle's running game last year was nothing to write home about. Wilson scambling and gettiong 20 yards a game and making plays in the passing game has opened up their running game.

More excuses....
    Right so Seattle only got better because of Wilson...and the 1204 rushing yards by Marshawn Lynch last year was nothing big...the 7th leading rusher in the league last year...no big deal. The fact that the defense got better by adding Bruce Irvin and his 7 sacks means nothing cause it's all because of Wilson. Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate, Braylon Edwards and Jermaine Kearse are clearly not better than our deep receiving corp (even though not one receiver on our team has ever scored more than 5 TDs in a season...some don't even have that for a career)...it's Russell Wilson making them pro bowlers. Craziest thing about Seattle's defense and how Russell Wilson has kept them off the field...so far in 2012 they've been on the field for 584 plays, in 2011 through 9 games they were on the field for 602...a whole 18 more plays...2 whole more plays per game...wow what a turnaround by Russell Wilson.

More excuses is right...you got them.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I did come around a bit in my follow-up post. I'm torn and I'm frustrated. The knocks that Tanny had on him coming out of college still seem to be present, which is disconcerting. I mean, if you go back to what we were reading in mid-April about him, they seem pretty damn relevant to what we've been seeing recently. He doesn't seem to be able to close games strong and has the knack for making the bad play that dooms your team. That play in overtime in AZ comes to mind. What about the last 2 passes in OT against the Jets prior to Carp missing the FG. On the second one of those, especially, Hartline had a step and that play could've been made. No one's gonna forget the 2 horrible passes on the final drive against Indy. Then he comes out and has a stinker vs TN.
    The facts are coming in and they don't favor our guy. Sorry. Fine, 'he's a rookie', yadda yadda. I think we can handle the mistakes when they're part of a package that includes a ton of positive, explosive plays and those have been dwindling. Like someone said in another thread, why isn't he showing the poise to see an opening lane and run for a 1st down on 3-1? Playmakers make plays and Tanny just does not look like a playmaker lately, he looks like a stiff.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Right so Seattle only got better because of Wilson...and the 1204 rushing yards by Marshawn Lynch last year was nothing big...the 7th leading rusher in the league last year...no big deal. The fact that the defense got better by adding Bruce Irvin and his 7 sacks means nothing cause it's all because of Wilson. Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate, Braylon Edwards and Jermaine Kearse are clearly not better than our deep receiving corp (even though not one receiver on our team has ever scored more than 5 TDs in a season...some don't even have that for a career)...it's Russell Wilson making them pro bowlers. Craziest thing about Seattle's defense and how Russell Wilson has kept them off the field...so far in 2012 they've been on the field for 584 plays, in 2011 through 9 games they were on the field for 602...a whole 18 more plays...2 whole more plays per game...wow what a turnaround by Russell Wilson.

More excuses is right...you got them.
    They got Bruce Irwin in the 1st becuasue they were willing to take Wilson in the 3rd. We could have done the same thing. No vaild point there from you. The d is beetr becuase they took Wilson and got an extra impact player.

Now I will give you the fact that they do have a better receiving corps

Marshawn had 1204 rushing and Reggie Bush had 1086, Not enough of a difference to cause me to say their running game is that much better last year. and actually Miami outrushed seattle last year by over 200 yards on the season. They are better at rushing this year becuase Wilson is throwing Td passes and they have to respect it.

In fact if you look at Seatlle and Miami last year they are almost identical teams.

Seattle 7-9, 321 points scored, 315 points allowed, 23rd offense, 7th defense.
    Miami 6-10, 329 points scored, 313 points allowed, 20th offense, 6th defense.

Now add their draft picks and they are doing better than us this year and alot of it has to do with picking Russel wilson in the 3rd round..
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Every year we see Ireland or whichever ****ing bonehead GM we have go against what the experts predict we will do on draft day, and almost every damn time the experts' suggestion was better than what we wound up getting. The experts didn't like Tanny at #8. I still thought we could've traded down and gotten him anyway. If we hadn't taken him there he would've fell Aaron Rogers-style to who knows where. The whole world knew we were taking him there. All we had to do was get ahead of Cleveland at #22 and he would've been ours anyway and we could've gotten another 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick.
    Quote Quote