Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The numbers are not Tannehill's friend

1. -31
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canandaigua,NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Right so Seattle only got better because of Wilson...and the 1204 rushing yards by Marshawn Lynch last year was nothing big...the 7th leading rusher in the league last year...no big deal. The fact that the defense got better by adding Bruce Irvin and his 7 sacks means nothing cause it's all because of Wilson. Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate, Braylon Edwards and Jermaine Kearse are clearly not better than our deep receiving corp (even though not one receiver on our team has ever scored more than 5 TDs in a season...some don't even have that for a career)...it's Russell Wilson making them pro bowlers. Craziest thing about Seattle's defense and how Russell Wilson has kept them off the field...so far in 2012 they've been on the field for 584 plays, in 2011 through 9 games they were on the field for 602...a whole 18 more plays...2 whole more plays per game...wow what a turnaround by Russell Wilson.

More excuses is right...you got them.
    Not taking anything away from Wilson because hes been solid so far but Seattles WRs are clearly better then ours IMO.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly until Tannehill starts steeping up more he will be questioned. I think the kid has a bright future, I don't agree with having any cause or concern yet. Luck had to succeed and succeed right now, not next year or the year after but right now. He was placed in the most insurmountable of positions in Indy, a team replacing a hall of fame QB by trading him away for Luck. The highest of hopes of any QB coming out of college and a chip on his shoulder when the Heisman Trophy went to RGIII because he posted a 27 for 31 347 yard 2 td 1 Int performance in a loss to Oklahoma State. Luck was the best QB in that class coming out of college no doubt about it.

Tannehill has shown he can read a defense with the best of them, he can adjust a play and he can see the coverages. Either a QB gets it or he doesn't these silly Henne comparisons are just that silly, Henne had no idea what the hell defense lined up across from him half the time and the result of that was checkdown Charley. Is Ryan Tannehill close to Andrew Luck right now, nope not even close. Will he be, not sure but I do know we haven't seen the kids potential peak yet and I do know that this team is not loaded with talent.

If the season ended right now and there was no more games to play and Miami finished 4-12 three quarters of you would be claiming prediction ESP since Miami had zero expectations coming into this season. Last I check we were a win over a 3 and 6 team away from climbing back to 5-5. Let's see what the kid and new coach have in them, are they the real leaders we all make them out to be or is this team going to fold up like a bunch of little school girls running from a junkyard dog.

I for one am excited to see what they have in them, the whole damn team, Long, Bush, Tannehill, Hartline, Philbin, the D.....everyone. It will just make it easier to define the amount of new blood the team will need to be infused with come the off season because make no bones about it this roster wasn't going to walk into the playoffs like the great teams in the league. They would have had to fight and claw for every inch of it if they made it, and the win loss coulomb and box scores reflect that. When they claw and fight and take care of business they are in every game but when they let off and play unmotivated they look like a steaming heaping pile of dog ****.

This season will server to clear the unmotivated pretenders out of the house one way or another.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ryan Tannehill is proving to be the player that the experts thought he was. He was definitely outplayed by Locker last weekend, I don't think that's remotely debatable.

But we're in it now, and since we're not a playoff caliber team, we have to ride it out and hope he can at least be an average QB that we can build around. I think he can be AT LEAST as good as Flacco, if not better. Flacco, with help from a great running game in most weeks and good defense for most of his career is certainly a QB that can win playoff games. Let's be honest, the Ravens were an easy dropped TD from being in the Superbowl last year.

Tanny won't win you games like Drew Brees, we just have to hope he doesn't lose games like Vinny Testaverde.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    . Like someone said in another thread, why isn't he showing the poise to see an opening lane and run for a 1st down on 3-1? Playmakers make plays and Tanny just does not look like a playmaker lately, he looks like a stiff.
    Currently Tannehill has 20 carries for 23 yards and 1 TD. This is about the only area where he is matching Marino's career stats.

I really thought he would use his mobility more to pickup 3rd downs. It just isn't happening.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I honestly did not realize that things were this bad. I didn't watch any of last week so I just wrote it off as an anomaly, but Tannehill really sucks if you go by stats. It's pretty embarrasing. Here's a link to Mando's post about the numbers in Marino, Henne, and Tanny's first 9 NFL starts. Yuk.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...2-0-w-31-.html

For a few weeks he was passing the eye test but this really doesn't bode well. He seems like the worst QB taken in the whole draft at this point. I guess the Kiper's and Mayok's of the world were right. We could've taken a true impact player at another position and picked up some guy in the 3rd round and be a better team right now.
    Let's dump him after 9 games. Who needs to wait and see more anyway?

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Currently Tannehill has 20 carries for 23 yards and 1 TD. This is about the only area where he is matching Marino's career stats.

I really thought he would use his mobility more to pickup 3rd downs. It just isn't happening.
    Which means he isn't even thinking about running .The way QB's are going down the past few weeks, I'm kinda glad he's staying in the pocket.But I too thought he'd take off a little more than he has.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I honestly did not realize that things were this bad. I didn't watch any of last week so I just wrote it off as an anomaly, but Tannehill really sucks if you go by stats. It's pretty embarrasing. Here's a link to Mando's post about the numbers in Marino, Henne, and Tanny's first 9 NFL starts. Yuk.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...2-0-w-31-.html

For a few weeks he was passing the eye test but this really doesn't bode well. He seems like the worst QB taken in the whole draft at this point. I guess the Kiper's and Mayok's of the world were right. We could've taken a true impact player at another position and picked up some guy in the 3rd round and be a better team right now.

And probably the only rookie qb to come in and not have a true #1 wr and absolutly no weapons except for bush but they dont use him out of the backfield.....I would love to see all the other rookies throught the years play with this offense on top of all that we dont have a running game so thats never good for a rookie. Wait til he gets some weapons or one weapon he can rely on.....This was an outstanding pick by Mia!
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    They got Bruce Irwin in the 1st becuasue they were willing to take Wilson in the 3rd.
    Now it's getting comical. We'll we took Tannehill in the first cause we were willing to take Ruben Randell in the 3rd...oh wait, he wasn't there. Lets make sure everyone in the league knows who is going to take who so we can plan on who a team will get in the 3rd round. Like Seattle knew he would be there...in the 3rd round.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Boys and girls, we took a first round QB for the first time in years. At times he's looked good, at times he's looked bad.

Can't we at least get behind the guy and give him a chance before everybody decides he's garbage. Geez, 3 weeks ago he was the best thing on earth, now he can't play ?

Get some perspective FFS.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What the hell happened to Henne again? I remember he played pretty good and one day out of nowhere he starting sucking and never recovered..wtf?
    Quote Quote