Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The numbers are not Tannehill's friend

1. -41
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CChambers84 View Post
    What the hell happened to Henne again? I remember he played pretty good and one day out of nowhere he starting sucking and never recovered..wtf?
    Dan henning, sparano,3 second timer to get rid of the ball,wildcat,etc... He got ruined forever
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawaii
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by N-E-O View Post
    Brace thyself...Its going to get ugly around here...

You don't post negative about the QB (unless his last name is Moore), Jake Long (under ANY circumstance) & our top 5 TE ... most everone else is fair game.
    Dude. We Would Not Be Talking About Tannehill in this Post If We Had Taken john beck > JAKE LONG. Jake Long has a Good Chance of not being on this Team Next Year, and john beck is just hitting his Prime. I know I am beating a Dead Horse. But we defended Chad Henne and Jake Long to Death. And Guess What they are both Average. john beck or Drew Brees both could have been Miami Dolphin QB's. The Reason the Stadium is Half Empty is Jake Long.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Has anybody noticed last 2 weeks teams stopped blitzing RT? They stack the run and sucessfully rush passer with 3-4 guys.We have no deep threat,no seem stretcher and no time to throw! Those are some serious odds against any qb to overcome,lets give the kid some time and some weapons before we send him packing
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    john beck has possibly best wr trio in league,hall of fame te,solid running game ,plays indoors yet TJ Yeates has more playoff victories in 1 season than Ryan has in 5yrs.He is average at best if your happy with mediocrity then you are right we should have drafted him
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    Ryan Tannehill is proving to be the player that the experts thought he was. He was definitely outplayed by Locker last weekend, I don't think that's remotely debatable.

But we're in it now, and since we're not a playoff caliber team, we have to ride it out and hope he can at least be an average QB that we can build around. I think he can be AT LEAST as good as Flacco, if not better. Flacco, with help from a great running game in most weeks and good defense for most of his career is certainly a QB that can win playoff games. Let's be honest, the Ravens were an easy dropped TD from being in the Superbowl last year.

Tanny won't win you games like Drew Brees, we just have to hope he doesn't lose games like Vinny Testaverde.
    Did you ever watch Drew Bress play his first two seasons in the NFL? He was beyond horrible. That is the reason the Chargers drafted Philip Rivers. So give it a break. You make it sound like Drew Bress came into the league and set the world on fire. The Packers were so disappointed with Aron Rodgers after his first two seasons in Green Bay there was even talk that he might get cut, now he is the best QB in the game in my opinion. It is way too early to proclaim what type of career Tannehill will have, but I'm not panicking because of the numbers he is posting. I am judging him by what I see with my own eyes, and what I see is an accurate, smart, athletic QB who looks to have a very high ceiling. I think he is working with the worst wide receiving corps in the whole league. The team has to surround him with as many young talented weapons as they can and let them grow together as a an offense.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The numbers are not Tannehill's friend

Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    He looked overmatched against Andrew Luck. You can say that's sensible, or not a big deal, until you realize there are always going to be Andrew Luck-types as the obstacle in playoff games. Can Ryan Tannehill run the gauntlet in that type of setting, like Eli Manning has? I have my doubts, to put it kindly. Tannehill still looks like a combo Danny White/Drew Bledsoe to me, with the low delivery and not exactly the highest number of permutations I've ever seen toward a successful play. Andrew Luck can deke and dodge and adjust no matter how the play evolves from scripted.

I was wondering how the Dolphins would respond last week, after their rookie quarterback was clearly second best on the same field against Luck. The media never mentions that type of thing but I'm always looking for situational impact. I thought it was a natural letdown spot against the Titans when you have to concede your guy is not on the same level. Besides, the .500 or worse team as a 6 point or greater home favorite mode was in play, a negative scenario.
    Luck played very well against Miami, but do not forget that the Phins defense dropped 5 potential interceptions. It was not as clear cut as it looked.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2 weeks ago Tannehill was The Next Great One. Even people far outside of S Fla. were singing his praises.

He didn't all of a sudden forget how to play, he had 2 subpar games as a ROOKIE QB who most people thought would never even see the field AT ALL in 2012. Exactly like most of the great QBs have done in their rookie years.

Body of work, guys. He is FAR ahead of where he was expected to be at this point. He is much better than Henne at his absolute best with 5-6 years more experience than Tannehill has. Because he lost the head-to-head encounter with Luck everyone now wants to throw him under the bus? Luck is a great talent, the game was on the road, and we STILL have no supporting cast thanks to ireland. We are still a team that sneaks up on mediocre teams and squeaks out 5-6 wins a year against them, and occasionally annihilates an Oakland or two, but no better than that.

I think a lot of you are just upset that your hero and savior garrbage was too old and hurt and NOT GOOD ENOUGH to beat Tannehill out. tannehill to you will always be "the guy who's not as good as ________________" (insert flavor-of- the-month wannabe here). "Not as good as" cam, who is remaking Carolina into such an awesome juggernaut, and "not as good as" john beck, who has the opposite problem of being overhyped yet surrounded with actual TALENT, you know, that thing we never see because of ireland's inside-out drafting.

Get some actual talent in Miami and we will win and Tannehill will be a Pro Bowl player.
    Ryan Tannehill. Ah, what a relief. Life is good.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

The numbers are not Tannehill's friend

Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    He looked overmatched against Andrew Luck. You can say that's sensible, or not a big deal, until you realize there are always going to be Andrew Luck-types as the obstacle in playoff games. Can Ryan Tannehill run the gauntlet in that type of setting, like Eli Manning has? I have my doubts, to put it kindly. Tannehill still looks like a combo Danny White/Drew Bledsoe to me, with the low delivery and not exactly the highest number of permutations I've ever seen toward a successful play. Andrew Luck can deke and dodge and adjust no matter how the play evolves from scripted.

I was wondering how the Dolphins would respond last week, after their rookie quarterback was clearly second best on the same field against Luck. The media never mentions that type of thing but I'm always looking for situational impact. I thought it was a natural letdown spot against the Titans when you have to concede your guy is not on the same level. Besides, the .500 or worse team as a 6 point or greater home favorite mode was in play, a negative scenario.
    Luck also has far more experience then Tannehill at the position and we know the ceiling is high with Luck. We don't know how high the ceiling is on Tannehill nor is it a logical comparison. Luck is a once in a generation guy. If Tannrhill is able to be competitive against Luck, I'll take that in a QB.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Now it's getting comical. We'll we took Tannehill in the first cause we were willing to take Ruben Randell in the 3rd...oh wait, he wasn't there. Lets make sure everyone in the league knows who is going to take who so we can plan on who a team will get in the 3rd round. Like Seattle knew he would be there...in the 3rd round.
    I'm happy with Tannehill and Vernon, over Wilson and Irwin.

If you look at the receivers taken in the draft few are lighting it up right now.

Kendall Wright at 20 has 390 yards and 4 TD's
    T. Y Hilton at 92 has 355 yards and 2 TD's

Blackmon (5) and Floyd (13) are around 200 yards and 1 TD

Just making the point that iamtiv's comments

"We could've taken a true impact player at another position and picked up some guy in the 3rd round and be a better team right now."

are not that far fetched.

Seattle and Miami were almost identical teams last year and Seattle choose to go free agency for starting qb along wih draft. We elected to go draft along with our proven Matt Moore.
    They are a better team right now. Doesn't mean they will be in the future when Tannehill gets some weaons to use.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And the stupid threads just keep on coming.As is always the case on this board, unless you're playing like a hall of famer after 2 games in your rookie year you will never be anything in the NFL and should have never been drafted at all. Tannehill has played 8 whole games in the NFL and has no running game, no WR's or TE's that can get in the end zone and has an oline that won't protect him. Put him in a decent team and you'll all be wishing we had him. I'm glad we got him(about the only thing Ireland's done right)and just hope we can get him some help.Stats only tell part of the story. I've seen baseball players hit 3 line drives right at somebody and then hit a bloober for a base hit. If you didn't watch the game the box will say he went 1 for 4 and you would believe he had a line drive hit and 2 grounders and a strike out. You have to watch the games and see what really happened!!

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote