Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fact: Tannehill Leads the NFL in Long-ball Accuracy (21 yards or more)

1. -21
    Money is Power

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You just cant please everybody. Rather than appreciate the good things they only focus on the bad. Its ok to point out the bad but when someone post a story of how you QB is doing something better than any other QB in the league and he a rookie, dont come in here talking sh*t about him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp View Post
    I don't think its overrated its just the truth. He can throw deep. Unfortantely they haven't been TD passes. This is without downfield threats so thats impressive.
    actually it is not the truth. Espn writers can't even read their own sites stats. It should have said that Tannehill leads the NFL in passes over 31 yards (NOT 21). That is where he has 57 % completion rating and 141 rating. But it is only involving 7 passes. 4 for 7 wth 1 TD. too small of a sample to put any stock into.

When you look a the 21-31 yard passes he has a 60.7 QBR with 4 of 13 with 1 TD and 1 pick.

So for passes over 21 yards he is 8 for 20 (40%) 2 Td's and 1 pick. That equates to a QBR of 100

Still impressive with what he has to work with but hardly the story reported by espn. Do they ever get anything right?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    you're a strange cat enigmatics...only come around to bash tanny when he has a bad game or matt moore comes in and doesn't look like crap in a well in hand game...really odd...that and to defend anthony fasano with your life it seems...how'd you feel about fasano getting outmuscled for a box out ball pretty much last sunday???
    Your entire post is horse ****.

I've been a fan of Tanny's since the AZ game. However, I still remain able to constructively criticize him when he plays like turd instead of passing the buck to everyone on up to the water boy.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    James Walker blows it again.

Tanny is 40% on passes over 21 yards (8/20)
    Peyton Manning is 50% on passes over 21 yards (15/30)
    Aaron Rodgers is 40% on passes over 21 yards (10/25)

So the story by Walker is untrue. But RT17 is in good company.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Money is Power

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    Your entire post is horse ****.

I've been a fan of Tanny's since the AZ game. However, I still remain able to constructively criticize him when he plays like turd instead of passing the buck to everyone on up to the water boy.

I dont fault you for that. If he plays like crap say it, if he plays good say it. My comments to you were why talk bad about him when he is being praised for doing something good.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Art Damage

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Francisco
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dol-phan007 View Post
    I dont fault you for that. If he plays like crap say it, if he plays good say it. My comments to you were why talk bad about him when he is being praised for doing something good.
    The praise doesn't hold to much merit if those aren't TDs. Deep ball accuracy is all good, but if there isn't points behind those catches than its hard to praise that statistic, especially an offense averaging less than 20 points a game.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Because it is the difference between entitlement and earning, the opposing point of view is merely pointing out that Tannehill needs to earn a lot before he is deemed the savor. It is a vaild point. I am frankly in the same boat, I wan to see Tannehill continue to earn his keep and improve. I know a rookie is going to have three int days, they just are, it is how he responds to those days that makes or breaks the kid.

Tannehill isn't going anywhere anytime soon but I would love to see him make some good progress in this last half, a couple no turnover, 300 yard, 2 or 3 TD days will do a lot to quell the masses.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly, because the stat doesn't mean a whole lot to me right now if he's not doing it in the important part of the field and putting up points.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Art Damage

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Francisco
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill is doing some things good and some things bad. A statistic to monitor is his TD's, whether its led to a rush td or he finds the endzone in the air. Im sure it will improve as Tannehill learns more about NFL defenses. It doesn't aid him having anemic WRs.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Money is Power

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 16phinsrfast View Post
    The praise doesn't hold to much merit if those aren't TDs. Deep ball accuracy is all good, but if there isn't points behind those catches than its hard to praise that statistic, especially an offense averaging less than 20 points a game.

I understand what you are saying but how is it Tannehills fault if he throws the ball 50 yards and the receiver catches the ball but get tackled for what ever reason. Didnt he do his job and now its the receivers job to make a play?
    Quote Quote