Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Overall Fantasy Game Plan

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Ramblin' Man

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houma, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Overall Fantasy Game Plan

I haven't ever checked out the Fantasy section of FinHeaven before. But I wanted to check with y'all and see if anyone else plays with my 'Dolphin Homer' strategy. Or anything similar to it.

I never use any players on the Bills, Patriots, or Jets. I refuse to have them on my team because I never want to cheer for those teams.
    I also will pull any and all players that are playing against the Dolphins that week. No matter who they are, I never want to cheer for a player to have a good game against us. ( I forgot to pull Chris Johnson this past week and I'm quite pissed at myself for that! )

It makes Fantasy Football much more difficult for me and my friends all dog on me for it. But I just can't do it!
    If you ever want to see a rainbow, you've got to stand a little rain.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To an extent, I do the same thing as you.

I rarely have a Jet on my fantasy team, but I don't have a problem with any Bill or Patriot on my team. I'm not going to pass on someone like Tom Brady just because he's the QB of my favorite team's rival.

The same goes when they're playing the Phins. If I have Aaron Rodgers and he's playing the Phins, there's no way in hell I'm sitting him.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Ramblin' Man

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houma, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    To an extent, I do the same thing as you.

I rarely have a Jet on my fantasy team, but I don't have a problem with any Bill or Patriot on my team. I'm not going to pass on someone like Tom Brady just because he's the QB of my favorite team's rival.

The same goes when they're playing the Phins. If I have Aaron Rodgers and he's playing the Phins, there's no way in hell I'm sitting him.
    I certainly understand. I try to set myself up at the beginning of the season to not put myself in such a predicament as much as possible. I look at the whole season and track the bye weeks along with the week the player may be playing us.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Overall Fantasy Game Plan

The trick is drafting players out of the division.. I avoid Brady at all cause. And my new philosophy is that since I have been very heartbroken with this team in so many years that I wont bench anybody going against us.
    Quote Quote