Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rosenthal:Tannehill wasn't great..But he was far from Miami biggest problem(positive)

1. -21
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i agree with most of that from rosenthal...but that last pick was about a lb showing blitz presnap and then dropping out and reading tannys eyes...tanny saw the blitz and went to the quick inside route but he did eye bang it the entire time...and because of the eye bang the lb instead of just dropping likely into the middle of the field just kept crossing til he could jump it...still this kids way better than he gets credit for around here from the peanut gallery...just needs some time...and some patience

shocked rosenthal sees on tape that bess hartline and jabar gaffney bring no stretch the field ability to the table...shocked...ha ha...

teams sitting on underneath and intermediate stuff and loading up against the damn run...main culprit is the lack of a real win option wr on the outside...there's no reason to concern yourself with any wr or te on this roster...although clay the last few games is making some strides...and as long as reggie bush is not gonna press the hole b/t the tackles he's gonna have a lot of 2 yard negative yard runs that more than offset the occasional splash highlight reel stuff where he makes 5 guys miss...we need more consistent play from reggie bush...and we're not gonna get it cause he won't press the hole b/t the tackles
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What we are going to see as our soon to be problems on offense is everyone is going to sit back with 7 and 8 guys in coverage and make Tanny beat us. This will not be easy as we have no zone busters, guys who make people miss or break tackles. What I feel we need to do is start putting Reggie in the slot and have him run some corner routes and use his speed to take the top off the defense as we have no other option that is an actual threat. We need just one true win player and it can open up for everyone else. I would rather put Thomas in the backfield and put Reggie in the slot and have him play receiver for 40% of the game and use his speed as a decoy going deep and taking shots at him. With two rbs in the game we would get some mismatches and then force them to go to nickel and then run on them but I've been saying this since the beginning of the year. Teams have learned that Tanny reads and beats the blitz now they are going to sit back and make him beat coverage. He needs help.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i like the idea also of putting reggie in the slot with thomas on the field to make the opposition have to decide do we go nickle with an extra db on the field and then have us run it at them or do we keep the lb on the field to defend the run and hope we don't get exposed against the pass by the slot back...although we don't see much intuitive use with bush in the passing game when he is in the slot...he doesn't run many true routes...maybe you get thigpen on the field who i know can run routes out of the slot cause he did it this preseason and was darn impressive at it...cause none of these wrs can make enough hay to keep the defense from sitting on the run and squeezing up the safeties...no te can either...although again clays making some seam strides

all i know is those windows tanny has to throw in on the outside with hartline are getting tighter and tighter every week on the comeback routes etc as the defense is squeezing down on us and playing our tendencies...
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Offensive Mindset

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    new jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was watching the giants-bengals game simultaneously with fins, and one glaring thing I noticed was the bengals receivers and tight ends get open and make tough catches. I also noticed Dalton's throws weren't necessarily on target. But if your receivers get enough separation and the throw is a little behind they can still adjust. If your receivers don't get adequate separation and your throw is a little off, it gets intercepted.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i like the idea also of putting reggie in the slot with thomas on the field to make the opposition have to decide do we go nickle with an extra db on the field and then have us run it at them or do we keep the lb on the field to defend the run and hope we don't get exposed against the pass by the slot back...although we don't see much intuitive use with bush in the passing game when he is in the slot...he doesn't run many true routes...maybe you get thigpen on the field who i know can run routes out of the slot cause he did it this preseason and was darn impressive at it...cause none of these wrs can make enough hay to keep the defense from sitting on the run and squeezing up the safeties...no te can either...although again clays making some seam strides

all i know is those windows tanny has to throw in on the outside with hartline are getting tighter and tighter every week on the comeback routes etc as the defense is squeezing down on us and playing our tendencies...
    that would be a great adjustment to see. it would go along way toward restoring my faith in shermans play calling. we shouldn't be complaining every week that they fail to get reggie the ball in open space, or get him matched up on linebackers.
    Quote Quote