Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hayden Fox's Game Plan @ Buffalo

1. -11
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I was hoping for a discussion of how might actual play on the field could lead to a Fins win. I guess we are only at a level of discussion of arguing if Tannehill is like Henne and whether or not he is bust.

Should have gone VIP.
    Like the write up Hayden, good job.

Agree on Defense and Special teams. But on offense I really think we are going to have to make some scoring plays in the passing game to take the defenders out of the box.
    We have been trying to run and it just hasn't been working. We make plays here and there but in the end stacking the box results in us scoring 20 or fewer points. You hit 2 big TD passes and you get them out of it. Then we can run the ball. Who to throw the TD too is the big question? Not alot of help right now. But the way the refs are calling PI I would just throw it up deep at least several times to see if we can get a big play. Pass on 1st down, They will be expecting run. Keep them off balace.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Some things I'd like to see:

-Put a man on CJ Spiller on 3rd down. Spiller is the best checkdown RB receiver in the NFL.
    -Take away Fitzpatrick's short passing game. If the short passing game is gone, we will see a lot of turnovers from Fitz.
    -Tannehill needs to complete passes greater than 10 yards. Buffalo gives up the big play and we need to scrap the dink and dunk approach and go deeper.
    -Attack Buffalo's perimiter CBs. Very young an inexperienced guys who get burned at least a few times every game.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think if Miami scores more points than the Bills score we should win the game...Who knows tho anything can happen.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Like the write up Hayden, good job.

Agree on Defense and Special teams. But on offense I really think we are going to have to make some scoring plays in the passing game to take the defenders out of the box.
    We have been trying to run and it just hasn't been working. We make plays here and there but in the end stacking the box results in us scoring 20 or fewer points. You hit 2 big TD passes and you get them out of it. Then we can run the ball. Who to throw the TD too is the big question? Not alot of help right now. But the way the refs are calling PI I would just throw it up deep at least several times to see if we can get a big play. Pass on 1st down, They will be expecting run. Keep them off balace.
    This is the type of dialogue I was hoping for. Good call on the PI's. Buffalo littered the field with flags in New England last week with PI's.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Some things I'd like to see:

-Tannehill needs to complete passes greater than 10 yards. Buffalo gives up the big play and we need to scrap the dink and dunk approach and go deeper.
    Totally agree, Throw past the 1st down marker. Even if it means rolling out to buy time. Dink and Dunk isn't working and the slightest mistep can result in pick six.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    This is the type of dialogue I was hoping for. Good call on the PI's. Buffalo littered the field with flags in New England last week with PI's.
    If we keep trying eventually we might get a call or two.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't believe:

1) .... we have no WR's. How hard is it to find two 6'1 guys, with 4.5 speed, that can catch?
    2) we hired Legadu
    3) we hired then fired Chad J.

....weird for a pro team to not have a WR that can't separate. Anyway, I agree that we need to run the ball. Hopefully, we can run, generate a turnover or two, and squeak a 10 - 6 win out.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Finatical Finfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.P.R. Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with most of what you said, but I really believe it starts with the oline. RT is a rook, but most ALL veteran qb's will make mistakes when they are being pressured on every play. Pressure Brady, he makes dumb mistakes, Manning x2, Brees, Rivers just about all of them will. Dline must be disciplined, do not over pursue or Spiller will gash us...and while Fitz isn't the best our DB's must bring their "A" game cause he can get hot. I really don't know how this game will turnout, 2 weeks ago I would have said 27-15....now? Not as confident but I still believe they are a better all around team and should be able to get it done....at least I hope so.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    My gameplan for scoring points, if I'm Miami, is really simple:

****ing block somebody this week.

Ice up, Leodis.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

Hayden Fox's Game Plan @ Buffalo

It's simple. Stop running Reggie between the tackles and utilize him where he is best. Open space. Putting him in the slot or wide forces the defense from stacking the box and opens the run game. It also creates chaos in the middle of the field opening the seam for the TE or a back out of the backfield.

Defensively they need to get more aggressive with the press. If the do play in a bracket Jones and Clemens have got to take correct angles or they will get burned deep yet again. Hopefully Starks's ankle is better so he can get leverage and break through to get to Fitzpatrick. Vernon has to have a big game as well.

Most importantly, turnover differential has to be on the plus side. Tannehill can't force what's not there. The Bills secondary is not very good and he cant be giving them free meals.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Milford, CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami needs to run the ball. Remember, Bush is very effective running to the outside, or did we forget this? Also, don't give up on the running game after 2 or 3 quarters!! Force Fitz to throw long since he has the worst completion percentage in the league throwing deep. On the other end, RT has the best completion in the league throwing deep. Let's go Phins!!!!
    Quote Quote