Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Our Miami Dolphins

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    Codemaster's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    87
    vCash:
    1016
    Loc:
    Jacksonville
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Our Miami Dolphins

    I just wanted to reach out to our wonderful fans and offer a little bit of my opinions on this team and our past, present and future. We have suffered through mediocre to bad football for the last decade, our patience has wore thin (or out) and we are nearing a breaking point as fans of this football team. We have remained loyal but our team has not rewarded us for our loyalty and perseverance. Times are hard and have been hard for awhile. This season has been a rollercoaster so far. We have had downs, ups and then downs again. I see the threads from posters saying that we need more and that we have waited long enough.

    I agree. We need more out of this team, the coaches, the players and the organization as a whole. Losing sucks and we have endured ridicule and taunts from fans of other teams. Our team has become a joke and I am sick of that. I am tired of being made fun of and picked on for the team I have supported the Dolphins since I started watching football. I have become numb to losing. Winning is a suprise to me because I always expect the worst. The Dolphins have conditioned me to expect to be let down.

    I was suprised as anyone at are early to mid season competiveness. I had low expectations for this team this year because of the rookie QB and lack of playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. I also expected the pass defense to regress due to us trading Vontae and not addressing it last offseason. The team suprised me completely and we were competitive and exciting to watch. The games had me on the edge of my seat and I was talking about the playoffs prematurely. Then the game against the Titans brought me back to the reality that we are in. Teams now know what we have on both sides of the ball and can gameplan us very effectively. While I give props to the coaching staff for hiding our weaknesses earlier in the year, teams have now figured us out so to say. They know how to take away everything we want to do on offense and they know we are very thin in the secondary so pass, pass, pass and pass again. This is the team we expected to field from game one.

    Having said this, we won't make the playoffs this year and I believe that we will have trouble winning any games the rest of the year. Our two games with Buffalo our probably our best chances to win. I am a little bummed but I think we are on the right track. I will support the Coach and the QB and give them time. I know time is what we have been giving this team year in and year out and of lot of people are sick of it but this is a new coach. This is his first year and that means we have to start over as well. If by next year this time we are still getting blown out by 3-6 teams then we will have problems but we NEED constistancy in this organization. If we keep jettisoning coaches and staff then we will continue to be the mediocre to bad team we expect year in and year out. I believe we have the key ingredients for a successful franchise so I will be here supporting them every Sunday and into next year. I know we are out of patience but I am still asking for it from everyone. There is finally light at the end of the tunnel and I don't think it's a mirage this time.
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2005
    Posts:
    197
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Welcome to the party...a little late though as I went through this stage of "acceptance" 2 years ago. I wish I could tell you it gets better but its hard to do when you are looking straight down the 7-9 barrel.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2012
    Posts:
    95
    vCash:
    1668
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Codemaster View Post
    I just wanted to reach out to our wonderful fans and offer a little bit of my opinions on this team and our past, present and future. We have suffered through mediocre to bad football for the last decade, our patience has wore thin (or out) and we are nearing a breaking point as fans of this football team. We have remained loyal but our team has not rewarded us for our loyalty and perseverance. Times are hard and have been hard for awhile. This season has been a rollercoaster so far. We have had downs, ups and then downs again. I see the threads from posters saying that we need more and that we have waited long enough.

    I agree. We need more out of this team, the coaches, the players and the organization as a whole. Losing sucks and we have endured ridicule and taunts from fans of other teams. Our team has become a joke and I am sick of that. I am tired of being made fun of and picked on for the team I have supported the Dolphins since I started watching football. I have become numb to losing. Winning is a suprise to me because I always expect the worst. The Dolphins have conditioned me to expect to be let down.

    I was suprised as anyone at are early to mid season competiveness. I had low expectations for this team this year because of the rookie QB and lack of playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. I also expected the pass defense to regress due to us trading Vontae and not addressing it last offseason. The team suprised me completely and we were competitive and exciting to watch. The games had me on the edge of my seat and I was talking about the playoffs prematurely. Then the game against the Titans brought me back to the reality that we are in. Teams now know what we have on both sides of the ball and can gameplan us very effectively. While I give props to the coaching staff for hiding our weaknesses earlier in the year, teams have now figured us out so to say. They know how to take away everything we want to do on offense and they know we are very thin in the secondary so pass, pass, pass and pass again. This is the team we expected to field from game one.

    Having said this, we won't make the playoffs this year and I believe that we will have trouble winning any games the rest of the year. Our two games with Buffalo our probably our best chances to win. I am a little bummed but I think we are on the right track. I will support the Coach and the QB and give them time. I know time is what we have been giving this team year in and year out and of lot of people are sick of it but this is a new coach. This is his first year and that means we have to start over as well. If by next year this time we are still getting blown out by 3-6 teams then we will have problems but we NEED constistancy in this organization. If we keep jettisoning coaches and staff then we will continue to be the mediocre to bad team we expect year in and year out. I believe we have the key ingredients for a successful franchise so I will be here supporting them every Sunday and into next year. I know we are out of patience but I am still asking for it from everyone. There is finally light at the end of the tunnel and I don't think it's a mirage this time.
    Maybe its a US thing but being a fan of a team is not conditional in my experience in the UK.

    I am a massive fan of football (soccer for you guys), rugby league, the NFL and cricket. I have my teams in them all. I have seen major success in one of those sports. My enthusiasm for my team is not affected by not winning. Its part of my make up, who I am and I wear it with pride. The nature of sport is that somebody wins, somebody loses and its all cyclical. Any fan that walks away from a team because of a lack of success is no fan worth keeping in my book.

    I see hope in this team and I see a future, more so than I have for a long time. We have a first round drafted QB and we have a new look coaching team. I'm optimistic win or lose at the Bills.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Codemaster's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    87
    vCash:
    1016
    Loc:
    Jacksonville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SiScotty83 View Post
    Maybe its a US thing but being a fan of a team is not conditional in my experience in the UK.

    I am a massive fan of football (soccer for you guys), rugby league, the NFL and cricket. I have my teams in them all. I have seen major success in one of those sports. My enthusiasm for my team is not affected by not winning. Its part of my make up, who I am and I wear it with pride. The nature of sport is that somebody wins, somebody loses and its all cyclical. Any fan that walks away from a team because of a lack of success is no fan worth keeping in my book.

    I see hope in this team and I see a future, more so than I have for a long time. We have a first round drafted QB and we have a new look coaching team. I'm optimistic win or lose at the Bills.
    Win or lose I will be a fan of this team until the day I die. Unfortunately most people I know aren't that way. They are fans when their team is winning and not when it isn't. Lots of bandwagon fans here in the states from my experience.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2012
    Posts:
    95
    vCash:
    1668
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Codemaster View Post
    Win or lose I will be a fan of this team until the day I die. Unfortunately most people I know aren't that way. They are fans when their team is winning and not when it isn't. Lots of bandwagon fans here in the states from my experience.

    It certainly appears that way.

    In the UK, its completely different. There are sell out crowds week in, week out at most grounds, many of which have won nothing for longer than the Fins. It is what it is, I guess.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    scodoublet's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2003
    Posts:
    641
    vCash:
    3190
    Loc:
    CT FinFan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Believe me, there is no Dolphin BandWagon here in CT!
    It can be rough, but when Miami beats the patsys or jests I make sure to get in my fill of trash talking the next day!!
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 07:55 AM
  2. Miami Dolphins 2009 Schedule Wallpaper Miami Girl Version
    By Born A Patriot in forum Graphics Talk and Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 11:32 PM
  3. Miami Dolphins! Miami Dolphins! Miami Dolphins number 1...
    By SkapePhin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-17-2004, 07:52 PM
  4. 1972 Miami Dolphins Question... (For the Veteran Miami Fans)
    By RUDEbyallMEANS in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 01:57 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-25-2003, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •