Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assuming Dolphins win convincingly tonight...

1. -1
    Genesis

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Assuming Dolphins win convincingly tonight...

Was last week an aberration then? are we confident with our future? playoff talks come back? This is the first time in many years I'm stuck unsure of how this team will play tonight and finish out the season. One thing is for sure, Philbin and Sherman better get this offense back on track.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Dolphins on 3!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NewHampshire
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    A win tonight in my eyes, will certainly be another step this season in the right direction, and possibly right back in the playoff race..
    Danny
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Only time will tell if last week was an aberration. Gotta start with a W tonight. Fins up!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    last sundays game deff was not who the dolphins are.

in 9 games so far, we are 4-5, with 3 of our 5 losses coming by a combined 9 pts, 2 being in ot. the other losses were to the best team in the afc and possibly nfl in the texans, and 9 weeks later we have a major stinker. it happens.

the dolphins r a solid football team. they r not the texans, but they r far from the chiefs, panthers, jaguars, etc.

we have the capability to hang in there with any team in the nfl overall, and 1 horrendous game vs the titans does not change my opinion on that matter.

we also are not a team that can take any team for granted ( not that any team in the nfl can ) but i feel we r deff better than the bills and we should win tonight. now obviously being better than someone does not mean u will win, hence this past week vs the titans, but i feel we r going to bounce back strong.

the bills deff have weapons on offense but that defense is pretty poor, and fred jackson being out i believe will hurt them a lot, considering he is also a big guy in the pass game, specifically those screen passes. spiller is a phenomenal running back, but i do not think he is as good in the pass game as jackson.

we have a chance tonight to get back to 500 and a 10 day break before the seahawks. lets get the win tonight 1st though.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    We're not at bad as that team that played last Sunday, but we haven't really shown we're that good to begin with either.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Sunday's game was an aberration but I'm certainly not assuming that Miami will win tonight. Gaffney is out, I got a bad feeling about this.

This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Sunday's game was an aberration but I'm certainly not assuming that Miami will win tonight. Gaffney is out, I got a bad feeling about this.
    gaffneys done nothing for us. his absence wont be the reason we win r lose
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    gaffneys done nothing for us. his absence wont be the reason we win r lose
    Honestly, I don't even know if it matters who starts at receiver. If the OL blocks the way it has the last two weeks, the Bills are going to destroy us.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Honestly, I don't even know if it matters who starts at receiver. If the OL blocks the way it has the last two weeks, the Bills are going to destroy us.
    for some reason i feel our offense will have a very effective game. the question is will the defense be able to stop the bills?

last week locker was able to elude tackles and turn them into big gains , and fitzpatrick also has pretty good mobility so i am worried about that. the bills have many capable weapons on offense such as spiller, johnson, jones, chandler, etc. that offense can deff score, the question is will our offense be able to turn things around from some of the ugliest 6 quarters of football on offense i have seen in a long time from this team.

if our offense can move the ball, i love our chances tonight. im telling u, 1 great showing tonight, every fan will be giddy again, its what happens in the nfl. 1 week it can look like everything is a disaster and the following week we feel invincible.

the reason i feel good about this game bc this team has been in every game with the exception of 2 this year, 1 being vs a very good texans team, where to be honest it was mainly due to those final 5 minutes or so of the 1st half with all those turnovers, but nonetheless, and the titans game where we truly were never in it. otherwise this team has played very solid football all year. no reason this team cant make a nice little run if we win tonight,
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How can anybody assume that these Dolphins win convincingly after last week's disaster?
    Quote Quote