Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TANNEHILL Chokes AGAIN

1. -81
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaticalFinfan View Post
    Somebody who cam actually see talent would disagree.
    Regardless of the magic ability to "see" talent, even our defense that got so manhandled to tonight didn't allow many points, and when it was all said and done we just needed more than 12 points of offense, and a QB who is letting his inexperience show by never setting his feet properly to throw a pass, resulting in inaccurate balls and of course two absolutely crushing picks, simply isn't getting the job done.

I love how we can blame Tannehill's inability to do anything on the receivers, when last I checked Chad Pennington took a receiving corps equally as bad and won 11 games. Yes, I realize we had the wildcat that year, but we weren't completing 67 percent of our passes for 3,600 yards from wildcat formations.
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    Carpenter has to make the kick. It's a 45-yarder. It's a kick he's made 1,000 times before, and he's paid over $2 mil per year to make those kinds of kicks. I agree he makes it if he's 15 yards closer, but my point is 45 yards is not an unreasonable distance to expect your kicker to make a big kick. And I won't deny Tannehill has regressed the last couple weeks, no denying it. I just think it's lazy to compare him to Henne. They're different QB's. Tannehill has already shown the ability to do things Henne could NEVER do and never learned to do in 3 seasons (Tannehill throws a great 15-yard out, for example, whereas Henne couldn't make that throw if his life depended on it). I expected regression based on the fact he has very little talent around him, and the fact that rookies typically take a step back at some point (Luck may not, but that dude's on another level completely). People don't wanna hear it- and trust me- it's hard for me to be patient sometimes too after all we've been through with this franchise- but we need to be patient with Tannehill. He's gonna have his ups and downs. Right now, he's playing like ****, but he's shown the talent and intelligence is there.
    Wasn't that kick a 50 yarder? I just love how our QB can't complete half his throws against one of the league's worst defenses, but we crucify the kicker when he misses a 50 yard FG.
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

TANNEHILL Chokes AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Sirspud View Post
    Wasn't that kick a 50 yarder? I just love how our QB can't complete half his throws against one of the league's worst defenses, but we crucify the kicker when he misses a 50 yard FG.
    He missed a 45 and a 50 yarder in that game if my memory serves correctly, I thought the attempt in OT for the win was 45.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FLORIDA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As it stands right now, RT is no Luck. ANYONE who says they wouldn't rather have Luck or that Luck isn't what we've been looking for the last 12 years since Dan retired is lying, in denial, or just a plain dummy.

I don't know if he will develop into a Luck type QB, but as it stands right now, he's got a long way to go. I am not jumping ship on him yet...but you can tell that Luck is a franchise QB and RT, at least right now is more like DAMON HUARD than anything. I hope it changes.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geordie View Post
    i think this is more worrying than all the ints he's thrown this year. He just doesn't seem to be able to drive the team down the field when it matters most, i know he doesn't have the weapons and that probably gives him the benefit of the doubt a little here, but it hasn't even looked close.
    and imo we will never know what we really have in tanny until next year ? We could have found out this year if ireland would have brought in plax or to. Then next year we could have gotten tanny some real weapons ,but noooooooooo, we will have to wait and see if we have our qb next year after the draft and if we dont then theres another year to sit and wait for another draft to get a franchise qb if he isnt the real deal.

Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes Ireland's talented team playing like girls. Refuse to watch any more lets go heat. Ever notice we have no injuries this year. Because they all play SOFT taking their leads from Shawn smith.
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I despise fins fans
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: TANNEHILL Chokes AGAIN

He's a rookie. /thread

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So other teams drop 8 into coverage because they can pressure with four. Our receivers can't separate and our easily covered most of the time. Tannehill is constantly under pressure because they can't eat open. We have no TE. We have no big targets. We can't run the ball. **** it, he should be much better even though he has nothing to work with. Lol look yesterday was Tannehills fault. He threw a terrible pick at the end, but you guys overreact in a way that is beyond the pail.
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15