Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TANNEHILL Chokes AGAIN

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKLINGBEIL View Post
    He does some things good.

But it's worrying, One thing that is VERY NOTICEABLE is that he seems to lack POCKET AWARENESS.
    (when to step up, when to step to the side, when to just run) It reminds me a bit of Henne.
    He seems a step too slow to react and lacking the true quickness & mobility necessary nowadays.
    Agreed... Dude has Henne-esque pocket awareness.

Extremely concerning and not something that can be "taught".. you either wake up with it or you don't.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shreveport,La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This site makes you waaaay more depressed than the game could ever do...
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    He's clearly a loser. Cut him. Hey, just forget that he had the team in position to win other games this year that the kicker blew. Btw, the guy all you idiot freak-out reactionists like to compare Tannehill to, Henne, had a couple of drives that won games. He still turned out to suck dick. So all you short-sighted knee-jerkers need to chill out, because trust me- when it comes to QB play, you really have no idea what you're talking about.
    Other that the fact that he was a first round QB, what have you seen that tells you he is not a mediocre or worse QB??? I'm not trying to be a smart***, I'm just wondering why you have such steadfast faith?
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

TANNEHILL Chokes AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by PATSSUCK View Post
    I'm don't have blind faith. I simply use common sense. The guy is a raw qb with zero weapons. He has played some good games and some bad one. I don't know what you expect of him.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

Actually it's not.
    People expect everyone to be Joe Montana right away, and they get upset and impatient when it doesn't happen. This is because of a lack of football intellect in most cases.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    Yes it is.
    Whatever. I know you have been actively rooting against the guy from day one.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AZStryker View Post
    Other that the fact that he was a first round QB, what have you seen that tells you he is not a mediocre or worse QB??? I'm not trying to be a smart***, I'm just wondering why you have such steadfast faith?
    Again what did you expect of him on THIS team?
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

TANNEHILL Chokes AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    Agreed... Dude has Henne-esque pocket awareness.

Extremely concerning and not something that can be "taught".. you either wake up with it or you don't.
    Yeah, his pocket awareness was fine when his offensive line was blocking for him. He's jumpy in the pocket because he has no time and is constantly worried he's gonna get killed. It's hurt his confidence a little. But his pocket awareness is nothing like Henne's, it's much better. Again, I'm tired of these blind Henne comparisons. Some of you need to actually watch these games.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whatever. I know you have been actively rooting against the guy from day one.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Again what did you expect of him on THIS team?
    I haven't been rooting against anyone. The guy pissed away plenty of games just like this in college. It's concerning.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm don't have blind faith. I simply use common sense. The guy is a raw qb with zero weapons. He has played some good games and some bad one. I don't know what you expect of him.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

Actually it's not.
    Honestly, I just wanted to see some progression in key areas especially the ability to be clutch when it matters. that's what really has shaken my faith with him.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BILLINGS, MONTANA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    I think this is more worrying than all the INTS he's thrown this year. He just doesn't seem to be able to drive the team down the field when it matters most, I know he doesn't have the weapons and that probably gives him the benefit of the doubt a little here, but it hasn't even looked close.
    Nailed it. He is 0 fo 5 in game winning situtation. That for me is troubling. He is not clutch is pressure situation also in college. These last 3 weeks he has regressed.

He has got to learn to escape the pocket and throw it away if it is not there. The long throw to Bess on the fly route. As soon as Bess beat his man the ball should be out and quick over the top. Byrd would have never gotten that pick. He threw it late.

He is getting pummeled out there and it may be ruining his confidence. His demeanor when we don't convert is like oh well. No, they should mad they did not convert.

Well I will give him these next 6 games to show me some improvement without regression or this kid is not the answer.

GO DOLPHINS!!

2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS LOS ANGELES KINGS!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shreveport,La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Luck and the rookie phenomenon has heightened the expectations of a QB who was "supposedly" 3 years away from starting..if he comes back against the Seahawks and throws 5tds,he is Marino and we are playoff contenders..look at the big picture and stop being so short sighted about wins or losses. You guys knew what time it was before the season even started
    Quote Quote