Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TANNEHILL Chokes AGAIN

1. -71
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins were losing the entire game, most the time thats how it ends, did yall really think we deserved to win this game tonight? Had Tannehill led them to TD drive in the end, it would have been all over ESPN, I think some are expecting him to do too much. Sorry he isnt God.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake the great View Post
    Dolphins were losing the entire game, most the time thats how it ends, did yall really think we deserved to win this game tonight? Had Tannehill led them to TD drive in the end, it would have been all over ESPN, I think some are expecting him to do too much. Sorry he isnt God.
    But, but he has to be God... or else he's... Chad Ryan Henne Leaf.... OH NO!!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

TANNEHILL Chokes AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by PASQUALE View Post
    No, But 10 -15 yards more and Carp makes it. You can't deny that.

Bro, Tannehill is good but, his play has regressed over the last 3 weeks is every major catagory as QB. No denying that either.
    Carpenter has to make the kick. It's a 45-yarder. It's a kick he's made 1,000 times before, and he's paid over $2 mil per year to make those kinds of kicks. I agree he makes it if he's 15 yards closer, but my point is 45 yards is not an unreasonable distance to expect your kicker to make a big kick. And I won't deny Tannehill has regressed the last couple weeks, no denying it. I just think it's lazy to compare him to Henne. They're different QB's. Tannehill has already shown the ability to do things Henne could NEVER do and never learned to do in 3 seasons (Tannehill throws a great 15-yard out, for example, whereas Henne couldn't make that throw if his life depended on it). I expected regression based on the fact he has very little talent around him, and the fact that rookies typically take a step back at some point (Luck may not, but that dude's on another level completely). People don't wanna hear it- and trust me- it's hard for me to be patient sometimes too after all we've been through with this franchise- but we need to be patient with Tannehill. He's gonna have his ups and downs. Right now, he's playing like ****, but he's shown the talent and intelligence is there.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    If Dan Carpenter makes a fg, it completely changes the approach on the last two drives for the fins. Instead of being able to play for a -possible- game winning field goal, we were forced to drive the length of the field TWICE with a suspect offensive line and a horrendously weak WR corp. And, gee.. oh boy, oh boy.... I wonder why he tried to force some throws.

But yeah, you're absolutely right. It's ALL Tannehill's fault... ALL of it. The ****ty refs? Tannehill's fault. 5 defensive penalties from one player. Tanne's fault. Sean Smith sucking dick. Tanne's fault. A completely inept FG kicker. Tanne's fault. Horrible ST coverage on the first kick. Tanne's fault.

All the excuses in the world won't make up for that fact that you don't know a goddamn thing about football.
    Look who's talking. Anyone that says the Dolphins OL is suspect is either exaggerating their point, or doesn't know much about football. Teams are playing closer to the line of scrimmage lately. They bump-and-run against the sub-par receivers and stay close to the point of attack. They can rush only 4, yet stop the run and our crappy receivers more easily. A LOT of this is because Tanny can't hit targets down field with accuracy. We had the same problems with Chad Henne. Defenses were respecting the deep ball early on, and as a result our run blocking had more room to operate. As Tanny continues to struggle throwing down field, and defenses learn more of his tendencies, it becomes easier to focus on the run game and dare Tanny to beat the defense deep...he has proven to be ineffective at countering this strategy thus far...and against poor defenses at that. He may improve, I am rooting for that, but as the sample size grows and his performance EBBS...I will grow more and more sure that Hennehill isn't the answer. NO ONE is blaming Ryan for the defensive penalties, or the lack of skill at the offensive skill positions, but his continued poor play late in games, especially the turnovers, is fair game. So far, I gotta say, Doc, I'm not too thrilled with the level of service up to this point.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BILLINGS, MONTANA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allsilverdreams View Post
    You are correct but when our running game went south it was the start off his decline as well
    Yes, that is true as well but, Tannehill so far is not improvising when things go wrong he just make it worse. See us old-timers seen a QB by the name DAN MARINO who is the GREATEST QB ever to play this phuking game ever. Phuk when are we going to have a precision passer who is not afraid of anything and phuking win in crunch time. So far, Tannehill has not delivered. Therefore, I cannot consider him a Franchise QB. I don't give a phuk about his weapons, YOU DO THE BEST WITH WHAT YOU GOT period. Seriously. Being a fan for over 30 years. I just want us to be a prenennial Super Bowl Contender. Is that so wrong? I know I can't live in the past but, phuk when is it ever going to change for our MIAMI DOLPHINS.

GO DOLPHINS!!

2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS LOS ANGELES KINGS!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakell Beast View Post
    Look who's talking. Anyone that says the Dolphins OL is suspect is either exaggerating their point, or doesn't know much about football. Teams are playing closer to the line of scrimmage lately. They bump-and-run against the sub-par receivers and stay close to the point of attack. They can rush only 4, yet stop the run and our crappy receivers more easily. A LOT of this is because Tanny can't hit targets down field with accuracy. We had the same problems with Chad Henne. Defenses were respecting the deep ball early on, and as a result our run blocking had more room to operate. As Tanny continues to struggle throwing down field, and defenses learn more of his tendencies, it becomes easier to focus on the run game and dare Tanny to beat the defense deep...he has proven to be ineffective at countering this strategy thus far...and against poor defenses at that. He may improve, I am rooting for that, but as the sample size grows and his performance EBBS...I will grow more and more sure that Hennehill isn't the answer. NO ONE is blaming Ryan for the defensive penalties, or the lack of skill at the offensive skill positions, but his continued poor play late in games, especially the turnovers, is fair game. So far, I gotta say, Doc, I'm not too thrilled with the level of service up to this point.
    Carpenter does his job and it changes the entire complexion of the final 2 drives. If you do not see that, I cannot help you.

Did you really expect a rookie QB with no skill position help and, yes, a soft O-line (argue all you want, but this is the case) to drive 99 yards for a game winning TD?

all things being equal and you put Aaron Rodgers in that spot, with this team, and I would have no second thoughts about betting a massive amount of cash that he does not get the TD. Sure, he might not have thrown a pick, but the chances of him -or anyone with this ****ty team surrounding them- driving for a TD in that scenario is very, very unlikely.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i love knee jerk reads like this thread...not that i disagree with the op by the way...he hasn't closed when he's had the chance to...but calling for another qb at this point with what he has to been given to work with...lmao...premature...by like a whole year plus at least
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Finatical Finfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.P.R. Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherif View Post
    Tannehill made the powerhouse Buffalo D look all pro. Pfffffft. This game wasn't on the D it was Tannehill poor decisions and inaccurate passes. I agree the Dolphins have an uphill climb with the refs, but these losses against a crappy weak schedule indicates Tannehill is SUBPAR at this time.
    Somebody who cam actually see talent would disagree.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake the great View Post
    It's because the real QB's in this league, rookie or not, find a way to win the game when it's coming down to the end and they can mount a drive to win it. Tannehill had not one, but two chances tonight, and he didn't merely fail to make the plays needed to score the go ahead 7 points, he threw two interceptions, one of which was a poorly read forced throw and another of which was just an awful throw. Two chances, where most good QB's succeed with one. We don't explain away losses from Brees, Brady, Manning, Ryan, or Rodgers by saying "they were losing the whole game so how could you not expect them to lose". These guys find a way to win in the final minutes if given a chance, and some of them have done it from the moment they get NFL game action.

The reason why RGIII and Luck are being talked about so much is because they've both manned up and scored some clutch TD's in the final two minutes, and they haven't even been given the numerous chances that Tannehill has and still come out with 0.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakell Beast View Post
    I think you're right about how defenses are playing Tannehill, and that the OL isn't entirely to blame, but our OL has still sucked too. But when it all comes down to it, our defense tonight help up admirably in the second half, and with the return TD, our offense wasn't asked to do very much to win. A QB who is too easy to scheme against and whose timing and fundamentals are crap right now is mostly to blame.
    Quote Quote