Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 102

Thread: Tannehill is not a winner, folks!!!

  1. -81
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    2,576
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinking View Post
    You have made some good points. But if these points you are making are to vindicate Tannehill, they won't work.
    Actually they do. Just too dense to see it.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -82
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    19,799
    vCash:
    11471
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So essentially you're saying, when it comes to being "losers" we all should yield to your in-depth expertise, eh?




    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead



    Quote Quote  

  3. -83
    Dolphan5876's Avatar
    CrookedFin

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    478
    vCash:
    1276
    Loc:
    Upstate New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    Agreed -

    And maybe we should have stashed him like GB did Rodgers - and then we would have a "franchise" QB to gloat about for 3 years
    You do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DEVLIN,,,,,,,,, Read it now, beleive it later, Next year Tanny goes down and Devlin comes in like Brady did for Bledsoe and history will be written!!!
    :cooldude: CrookedFin:cooldude:
    Quote Quote  

  4. -84
    Canadianfishfan's Avatar
    FinHeavean VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    12,445
    vCash:
    7695
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fisi View Post
    This was one of the the biggest knock on him coming out of the draft. He didn't win any big games in college so how do you expect him to win one in the NFL.
    How many games did Peyton Manning win his first year?

    Oh yea....
    Quote Quote  

  5. -85
    finomenal's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    2,524
    vCash:
    1605
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Tannehill is not a winner, folks!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan View Post
    How many games did Peyton Manning win his first year?

    Oh yea....
    Here comes the, "so now Tannehill is Peyton Manning" response. Wait for it. It's coming.

    All these whiners complaining about Tannehill just need to stfu already. It's as if they JUST started watching football yesterday.

    BREAKING NEWS: QBs take time to develop.

    We're in the middle of the season. Teams have alot of film on Tannehill, and they've made adjustments. Now it's time for the coaching staff to help him adjust and acclimate further. A franchise QB microwave doesn't exist. This is how QBs are developed, you morons. I guess everyone just forgot the guy is very raw on top of that.

    Just stfu....pretty please.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -86
    DolfanISS's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    7,767
    vCash:
    6834
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    Here comes the, "so now Tannehill is Peyton Manning" response. Wait for it. It's coming.

    All these whiners complaining about Tannehill just need to stfu already. It's as if they JUST started watching football yesterday.

    BREAKING NEWS: QBs take time to develop.

    We're in the middle of the season. Teams have alot of film on Tannehill, and they've made adjustments. Now it's time for the coaching staff to help him adjust and acclimate further. A franchise QB microwave doesn't exist. This is how QBs are developed, you morons. I guess everyone just forgot the guy is very raw on top of that.

    Just stfu....pretty please.
    No The better response is despite losing Manning displayed playmaking ability by throwing 26 TD passes. Tannehill has not demostrated that type of playmaking ability to this point. However, I was thinking about the Rams game yesterday. That was the game where I was becoming a huge believer. Despit our lack of talent Tannehill made enough plays to win the game. He also was able to by some time with his legs and hit some WR's with some nice passes while he was on the move. I haven;t seen that in the last 3 games, maybe the injury is bothering him more than we know. Not making excuses, just crossed my mind yesterday.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -87
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    2,576
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanISS View Post
    No The better response is despite losing Manning displayed playmaking ability by throwing 26 TD passes. Tannehill has not demostrated that type of playmaking ability to this point. However, I was thinking about the Rams game yesterday. That was the game where I was becoming a huge believer. Despit our lack of talent Tannehill made enough plays to win the game. He also was able to by some time with his legs and hit some WR's with some nice passes while he was on the move. I haven;t seen that in the last 3 games, maybe the injury is bothering him more than we know. Not making excuses, just crossed my mind yesterday.
    Manning also had a H of F receiver and rb.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -88
    Phindog's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    3,058
    vCash:
    1808
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    But people compare him to Manning. Manning is a future HOFer. And when people make comparisons they look at INTs and not TDs and passing yards etc. It is cherry picking. Among those cherry pickings are that based on INTs Manning was worse. And based on INTs it was really not Manning but who he threw to. He threw his TDs and INTs to the same group of receivers all year. But INTs more often then not come with the ability of throwing deep passes. A QB like Manning, Marino, Rodgers, Favre etc are gun slingers. They take the chance deep more than the average QB. With that risk comes a higher number of INTs but the rewards (TDs, long gains) usually are worth the risk.
    I would guess that over half the people here talking about Manning have never seen the guy play in 98. I did. Unless the games with the Dolphins crossed Indy was shown quite frequently in South FL. Back then Indy was in the AFC East. The Jets and Pats were the door mats. Manning threw the ball deep in his rookie year as often as Marino in his latter years. If you want to compare Tannehill to Manning you have to wait until Tannehill throws it 8, 9 10 times and more per game deep.

    Those who think Tannehill is our franchise QB already compare him to Manning. What is to say that the nay-sayers can not compare him to Ryan Leaf who was selected right behind Manning at #2 and never amounted to anything? But these are two extremes and neither is a true indicator of Tannehill. I think a comparison within Tannehill's range would be much better and fairer to Tannehill. Manning is a true pocket passer who can dissect a defense with his arm strength. Tannehill is not and cannot. QBs coming out of college today are different athletes. You can not compare them (or the other way around) with the Mannings, Marinos, Kellys etc.

    If you want to compare Tannehill to a starting QB why go over 14 years back when the understanding of a franchise QB was different than today?
    Well its still pretty silly that you and several other posters get bent out of shape when we compare Tannehill to Manning as far as striggling his rookie season. Manning wasn't on a protected list that I know of that limits us fans from using him or any rookie QB as a guage,whether you like it or not.Its not like we are going back in the 70's or 80's.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -89
    mbsinmisc's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2003
    Posts:
    1,119
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    Murrells Inlet, S.C.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Welcome to the ignore list
    I still kinda believe, I think
    Quote Quote  

  10. -90
    The Goat's Avatar
    Special Teams Lunatic

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2003
    Posts:
    2,042
    vCash:
    5112
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinking View Post
    Ryan Tannehill had not one but TWO chances to win this game in the last 4 mins and he FAILED. Enough said.
    I'm sorry...what were you saying?
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Hello folks
    By atldolphin1 in forum Introduce Yourself!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 01:03 PM
  2. Only in NY folks, only in NY....
    By Pagan in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-25-2003, 02:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •