Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: When will the excuses for this team end?

  1. -1
    AEGBRG's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    412
    vCash:
    3093
    Loc:
    St. Louis, MO
    Thanks / No Thanks

    SAME OLD BS When will the excuses for this team end?

    This is a question to Dolphins apologists who are satisfied with the direction this team is headed.

    -So far this past decade we have one playoff appearance and zero playoff wins.
    - We either have been horrifically bad or mediocre.
    - We have "re-built" three different times this past decade.
    - We have not had a offense good office since the first term of the Clinton administration.
    - Even with the usually good defense, they could never come up big when the game was on the line.


    Good for the fans for not showing up last Sunday against Tennessee. The fans are bright enough to see this team is not making any progress.

    Hopefully there will 20,000 fans to see the Seattle game. It will be the only way to send a message to Ross that we are fed up with the status quo (Jeff Ireland). who, do I have to remind, traded Brandon Marshall for Michael Egnew and another 3rd round pick.

    And people wonder why the sports media does not give us any respect.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    795
    vCash:
    4179
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have no problem with Ireland trading Marshall... he was a head case. I do have a problem with Ireland not replacing Marshall. Naanee? Armstrong? Egnew? Why haven't we seen the 3rd round seam threat TE that Ireland knew they needed? How about the secondary help that they needed? Did he draft any DBs? No, but he did sign Richard Marshall. BTW, 2nd round pick Martin is looking pretty bad.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    AEGBRG's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    412
    vCash:
    3093
    Loc:
    St. Louis, MO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Marshall produced. Did he drop some balls for TD's? Yes, but he produced and a mediocore Matt Moore was the QB. I would rather have a head case that produces than someone who doesn't (Naanee, Armstrong, Gafney, Egnew).
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Zounds's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    7,028
    vCash:
    15595
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by AEGBRG View Post
    This is a question to Dolphins apologists who are satisfied with the direction this team is headed.
    Please identify your cliche "dolphin apoligists" directly, because I havent seen one single poster say he was satisfied with the direction of the team.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    34,941
    vCash:
    128068
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    I don't think you will find any Dolphins fan that is happy with the 4-6 record. I think we are all disappointed with the team's loss last night and the fact that they have looked pretty bad in all phases the last couple of games. Going 10 quarters without an offensive touchdown is embarrassing. I guess it is easy to say everyone sucks and everyone needs accountable and/or fired. It is easy to say things like we need to stop defending this franchise because they haven't won a playoff game in over a decade or made the playoffs in four seasons.

    However, a lot of the players and coaches on the team had nothing to do with a lot of the past failures. Ireland didn't draft Ted Ginn Jr. Philbin didn't put Ronnie Brown on special teams. Ross didn't hire Nick Saban or Bill Parcells. I think the "excuses" you are thinking about is more about patience and letting the new guys have time to do their plan. I get the Ireland hate, he has been here 5 years and he only has one playoff appearance and his personality can rub people the wrong way. I get that, if they decide to replace him at the end of the year, please do so by not replacing Philbin or Tannehill. Philbin has only been the head coach for 10 months and Tannehill has only been the quarterback for 7 months. Please don't throw them in the trash heap because you are tired of losing and a decade of mostly bad results.

    Want to get out of the middle of the NFL and back on the top of the league? Give the people in charge some time to build the team in their vision. I am sure the team Philbin is coaching today is not the team he sees a couple of years from now. They can't change everything in just one season. Don't blame the current staff and players for past mistakes of other regimes. Starting over every year or two is not the answer, nothing ever gets built that way. Things might be rough for Tannehill and Philbin right now, but don't give them a short leash because Sparano and Henne had a losing year last year. The coaching staff and team should get a clean slate when new people come in, not grouped together with the entire franchise history.

    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    zach attach's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    2,301
    vCash:
    5247
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OP, you have 28 posts, and you come here calling members of the board "Apologists?" How about you tell us what your fixes to the team would be?


    "I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the maaaan.."
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    AEGBRG's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    412
    vCash:
    3093
    Loc:
    St. Louis, MO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach attach View Post
    OP, you have 28 posts, and you come here calling members of the board "Apologists?" How about you tell us what your fixes to the team would be?
    Have you have not seen any of the posts last night or today? I assume you watch the games. You can't see all the deficiencies in this team?

    Let's start with play makers. This team has none ( Based on how Bush played I do not consider him one right now). We all knew this was going to be a problem going into the season and was not addressed. The only one we had we gave away for not even a box of doughnuts.

    Let's take a look at this overpaid offensive line that could not create a running lane if their life depending on it.

    Now let's look at the secondary. I can understand trading Davis if you had someone adequate to replace him with. The team assumed Marshall was that guy. Well he is on injure reserve and when he did play, he stunk. But don't worry we have Nolan Carroll on the team. The guy who I still won't forgive for dropping a pick-six in the Cleveland game that a 10 year old could of caught. He could not make another roster in the NFL -- only the Miami Dolphins.

    Also, I did not say everyone was an apologist. This post was for the fans still posting excuses after yesterday's game.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2011
    Posts:
    228
    vCash:
    1664
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AEGBRG View Post
    This is a question to Dolphins apologists who are satisfied with the direction this team is headed.

    -So far this past decade we have one playoff appearance and zero playoff wins.
    - We either have been horrifically bad or mediocre.
    - We have "re-built" three different times this past decade.
    - We have not had a offense good office since the first term of the Clinton administration.
    - Even with the usually good defense, they could never come up big when the game was on the line.


    Good for the fans for not showing up last Sunday against Tennessee. The fans are bright enough to see this team is not making any progress.

    Hopefully there will 20,000 fans to see the Seattle game. It will be the only way to send a message to Ross that we are fed up with the status quo (Jeff Ireland). who, do I have to remind, traded Brandon Marshall for Michael Egnew and another 3rd round pick.

    And people wonder why the sports media does not give us any respect.
    When people stop raising retarded complaints about the direction of the team.

    It's as simple as this: the team can't rush right now. The O-line is getting pushed around with ease. Defenses are completely aware of both Miami's ineptitude at rushing and our sparse talent at receiver, so now they don't even bother rushing our rookie QB. Tannehill is being asked to pass on defenses that are going full pass defense and is making lots of throws to fully covered receivers. What's worse? The short passing game is yielding very, very few big plays. So, it's go 3 and out or hope for a long pass reception to a guy who is covered up.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Ilovemyfins4eva's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    7,209
    vCash:
    2339
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I don't think you will find any Dolphins fan that is happy with the 4-6 record. I think we are all disappointed with the team's loss last night and the fact that they have looked pretty bad in all phases the last couple of games. Going 10 quarters without an offensive touchdown is embarrassing. I guess it is easy to say everyone sucks and everyone needs accountable and/or fired. It is easy to say things like we need to stop defending this franchise because they haven't won a playoff game in over a decade or made the playoffs in four seasons.

    However, a lot of the players and coaches on the team had nothing to do with a lot of the past failures. Ireland didn't draft Ted Ginn Jr. Philbin didn't put Ronnie Brown on special teams. Ross didn't hire Nick Saban or Bill Parcells. I think the "excuses" you are thinking about is more about patience and letting the new guys have time to do their plan. I get the Ireland hate, he has been here 5 years and he only has one playoff appearance and his personality can rub people the wrong way. I get that, if they decide to replace him at the end of the year, please do so by not replacing Philbin or Tannehill. Philbin has only been the head coach for 10 months and Tannehill has only been the quarterback for 7 months. Please don't throw them in the trash heap because you are tired of losing and a decade of mostly bad results.

    Want to get out of the middle of the NFL and back on the top of the league? Give the people in charge some time to build the team in their vision. I am sure the team Philbin is coaching today is not the team he sees a couple of years from now. They can't change everything in just one season. Don't blame the current staff and players for past mistakes of other regimes. Starting over every year or two is not the answer, nothing ever gets built that way. Things might be rough for Tannehill and Philbin right now, but don't give them a short leash because Sparano and Henne had a losing year last year. The coaching staff and team should get a clean slate when new people come in, not grouped together with the entire franchise history.
    im not saying do not give philbin a chance, but i am pretty sure he had a pretty significant input on trading marshall ( our best offensive player) and davis ( who although may not be doing great on indy, he still was very solid for us and very young still to give up on him).

    i know the points been made so often its like a broken record, but trading marshall set our offense back. ppl say it was a smart trade, i dnt care if i am in the minority, not it ****ing wasnt, we got a bag of balls for a top 5 wr in the nfl ( yes he may have had some issues off the field, but please go look at any nfl team, find me a team with all perfect players. its the nfl, many of these players are not exactly the perfect citizens.. also, its not like he took off plays like moss, or would consistently get in the qbs face on the sideline like owens did. ppl want to say look at our offense we have no weapons, well if we didnt ****ing trade our most talented guy for nothing, maybe our offense would be a bit more explosive?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    JamesBW43's Avatar
    You're standing on my neck

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    3,518
    vCash:
    4061
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Many excuses are perfectly realistic points to consider. You can't lump them together as if they all have the same validity or lack thereof.

    As Nublar already pointed out, this is a brand new coaching staff. We also have some brand new players. Considering how rare it is for either to make both an immediate and lasting impact, and how common it is for success to take time, I don't think you can unequivocally say all excuses need to end.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Excuses, excuses, excuses...
    By flip in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 11:21 AM
  2. No Excuses
    By Ricky'sWeinerBong in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 04:23 PM
  3. No excuses here but
    By NJPhinFan21 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 03:11 PM
  4. No more excuses!
    By Johnnymost in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2004, 04:28 PM
  5. No Excuses!!!
    By TheBostonBomber in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 01:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •