Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When will the excuses for this team end?

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Louis, MO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FishTank View Post
    When people stop raising retarded complaints about the direction of the team.

It's as simple as this: the team can't rush right now. The O-line is getting pushed around with ease. Defenses are completely aware of both Miami's ineptitude at rushing and our sparse talent at receiver, so now they don't even bother rushing our rookie QB. Tannehill is being asked to pass on defenses that are going full pass defense and is making lots of throws to fully covered receivers. What's worse? The short passing game is yielding very, very few big plays. So, it's go 3 and out or hope for a long pass reception to a guy who is covered up.
    How are these "retarded" complaints about the team? They are all legitimate points. You can make fun of my points all you want, but the game day attendance speaks for itself. Fans are fed up with this team and the same problems year after year after year.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Does anyone remember the preseason? remember how abysmal we looked. Well I think the real aberration was the first few games of the season. We shouldn't have expected them to be a playoff team with the talent on this roster, a rookie QB, and a rookie head coach. I think reality is now setting in to what we truly are. At best a .500 team.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Louis, MO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach attach View Post
    OP, you have 28 posts, and you come here calling members of the board "Apologists?" How about you tell us what your fixes to the team would be?
    Why is relevant how many posts I have? I am sorry I do not have the time to post on this forum more often but I watch every game just as you do. I still continue to see the same problems with this team that I have seen for over the last decade. I, like a lot of other fans, are losing patience.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AEGBRG View Post
    Why is relevant how many posts I have? I am sorry I do not have the time to post on this forum more often but I watch every game just as you do. I still continue to see the same problems with this team that I have seen for over the last decade. I, like a lot of other fans, are losing patience.
    So after half a season with a new coaching regime, you're already ready to throw in the towel and start all over again? I have news for you....when there's a new coaching staff, it's going to take time. Rarely do teams suddenly become contenders with a new coaching staff in the first year. Of course there are exceptions (49ers), but I'm patient enough to give Philbin & crew 3 full seasons before getting 'fed up' again. I can't say I haven't been disappointed in the performance these last two weeks, but teams are recognizing our deficiencies in our WRs & DBs. But you can't already be ready to blow things up again? We all knew in August it was going to be a rough season. I think we got too excited bc of a relatively successful first half. But I'm still excited for the future. Just have to wait to see how free agency and the draft goes. Yes, we have said that for the last 17 years, but with a new coach, that's to be expected.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    When will people stop blaming and calling out their fellow fans for the recent failures of this team and start directing it towards...the TEAM!?
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Many fans have BEEN losing patience, all of us have. Everyone important at Dolphin HQ knows this, because w/o fans and their cha-ching, there is no team. Ross got rid of Sparano, and tried to the year before. He's learning. He still has faith in Ireland. Now Ross hired Philbin. Joe has a vision of this team and it goes along the Green Bay path. Build through the draft, keep the guys together and build chemistry. I know Ireland makes the picks but he and Ross would be fools to not listen to Philbin's input. Why? Because Joe watched as a champion was being formed in GB. He is bringing that here. But after 10 games it's hard to see.
    The best part of trading Marshall is what we are not seeing. The turmoil he would be causing right now by bashing Tanny in the media, we don't need it. And if you argue that that wouldn't happen, look at his past.
    About Vontae, he was losing it. You will be excited like all of us when we use that 2nd round pick next draft hopefully to get a good talent or use that pick to help trade up for a 1st rounder.
    No one is happy on this board about losing, but this new coach, staff and Tanny bring something no one felt in Sparano and his ground n pound, fist pumps, and that's HOPE.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here's the point I try to make. Everyone can see that we don't have the talent to compete and win many games. So, do we get rid of all the players? or do we get rid of the guy that got us all the players in the first place? I don't know if a new GM would do a better job or not but I do know that I want Ireland gone as soon as the season ends if not before. The new GM might or might not do better but we know that Ireland has totaly failed to put a team together that can win in the NFL of today!!

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How are these "retarded" complaints about the team? They are all legitimate points. You can make fun of my points all you want, but the game day attendance speaks for itself. Fans are fed up with this team and the same problems year after year after year.
    I'll break it down to the parts that really frustrate me.

Quote Originally Posted by AEGBRG
    This is a question to Dolphins apologists who are satisfied with the direction this team is headed.
    So, I'm to assume that you feel the direction of the team has not changed with the hiring of Joe Philben.

Quote Originally Posted by AEGBRG
    The fans are bright enough to see this team is not making any progress.
    That's just asinine in the eyes of everyone who has seen progress and expects that there will be growing pains this season and quite possibly next. Rookie head coach. Rookie QB. New system. The current talent on the team really wasn't shaped or developed under the old regime, so in a lot of ways this is the ground floor of an overhaul.

Say what you want about the past decade and a half, but a case could even be made that having had so many coaches and QB changes is a bigger reason for this team's failures than the talent or lack thereof. It's rare for any team to go 4 or 5 years without stumbling into a playoff spot in today's league.

Come in here sounding like you are ready to overhaul this team after only 7 games under a new HC and QB and find out that many of us think that's a retarded idea. I know your primary beef is with Ireland, but much of what you said struck me as being tired of THIS team and THIS coaching staff. I believe in this crew and its chosen QB. It's going to be a tough road... I was prepared for it even as they were winning. The coaches told us they were only "cautiously optimistic" after they arrived at 4-3. Sounds like they knew...
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

When will the excuses for this team end?

Quote Originally Posted by gofins60 View Post
    I have no problem with Ireland trading Marshall... he was a head case. I do have a problem with Ireland not replacing Marshall. Naanee? Armstrong? Egnew? Why haven't we seen the 3rd round seam threat TE that Ireland knew they needed? How about the secondary help that they needed? Did he draft any DBs? No, but he did sign Richard Marshall. BTW, 2nd round pick Martin is looking pretty bad.
    Martin is not looking good, but Jerry and "mr incapable" look worse.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15