Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: If Ireland is fired Philbin may be gone as well

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah lets just fire a coach who seems to have the potential to be good. that line of thinking is exactly why we've been mediocre forever. no stability. lose one season, just keep firing the coach and get another right? you gotta give philbin a chance to build the team. at least 3 years. do you see the talent that he was given on this roster? no wr's. below averge o line. below average secondary. give it time. even the great bill belichick went 5-11 his first year with the pats
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlared View Post
    yeah lets just fire a coach who seems to have the potential to be good. that line of thinking is exactly why we've been mediocre forever. no stability. lose one season, just keep firing the coach and get another right? you gotta give philbin a chance to build the team. at least 3 years. do you see the talent that he was given on this roster? no wr's. below averge o line. below average secondary. give it time. even the great bill belichick went 5-11 his first year with the pats
    Whos saying fire philbin? I for one am not advocating firing him. The question is if Ireland is gone, does that mean that Philbin follows due to a new GM calling the shots. I hope thats not the case and it seems thats the prevailing thought but if its the case of either both of them staying or both of them going than thems the breaks.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've been saying this for weeks. Also don't understand how promoting within would change a damn thing. All these scouts are Ireland protégés, the **** makes you think they're any better.

This season has honestly changed my outlook on this team, I don't care about individual players anymore. I want this team to be successful, if that means bringing in a prolific GM who will fire Philbin, that's what I'm all for. If that GM doesn't think highly of Tannehill, so be it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Joe won't go anywhere. Bank on it!
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Firing Ireland will at least give the board the nice reset button it desperately needs... and give some of us some piece of mind for the future
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't want Ireland anywhere near our draft in 2013. We don't need him screwing up all of our good picks that we have. If the moron would've drafted some Wide Receivers early in the 2012 draft at least Tannehill would've had some weapons but Ireland passed on every good receiver.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Ireland is just the final turd in a pile of ex-Cowboy crap that we had. It's time we flush him once and for all.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rookie Head coach
    Rookie Defensive Coordinator
    Rookie Quarterback

Fire the GM so 2012 becomes an irrevocable waste. No wonder why Miami is where it is.
    Quote Quote