* The key to the Fins staying in this game was the Fins D keeping the Bills to FG in the red zone. Buffalo did not have an offensive TD.
* Miami improved its 3rd down D. Buffalo was only 2-12
* Great stops by the D in the 4th quarter to give the struggling O a chance.
* Reshard Jones was a monster today. Active on all levels. Forced a fumble that was not recovered.
* Cameron Wake was active. He was held and cut, yet he was everywhere.
* Marcus Thigpen kick return for a TD. Explosive run.
* Once again, we lost the turnover differential 3-0. It is a broken record. An early fumble and another two picks. On the flip side, the Dolphins D never takes the ball away. Never. They have opportunities. Jimmy Wilson dropped a huge pick in the end zone at the end of the half. Karlos Dansby missed another pick six. The Bills put the ball on the ground twice and Miami does not get them. The Fins have no chance without winning the TO differential.
* Ryan Tannehill is struggling. I think he is seeing ghosts. Obviously, he is not progressing. Tannehill has had opportunities versus two lousy D's in Tennessee and Buffalo and produced all of one TD. His 3rd down production is awful. RT is missing the strike zone bad. In the first half, he missed a wide open Charles Clay. Finally, Tannehill shows little in the end of game situations. There are issues around him, but he is not doing his part. His play in the past two games is how I thought he would play all year.
* The offensive line was terrible. Jake Long is a shell of himself. Richie Incognito was abused. John Jerry is unathletic. Johathan Martin had a night to forget. There is no push in the running game. A bad Dave Wannstedt defense that had been gashed all year and the Dolphins were dominated. The Dolphins cannot run the ball anymore.
* The Hartline fumble was big. The reception was near midfield. The Bills turned it into points.
* Anthony Fasano has disappeared.
* Nolan Carroll...holy crap. What an awful game.
* Sean Smith has no ball skills.
* The special teams did some good things tonight, but cannot get a pass because of the McKelvin TD return. It was the difference in the game point-wise
* Dan Carpenter's miss. I disagree with the attempt. At the time, we needed two TD's and the kick was too far out.
* On the McKelvin TD, I feel the refs missed a roughing the punter penalty. It would have brought back the TD and given the O a 1st down.
* Gaffney and McDaniel not being active was surprising.
* NFL Network is over their skis in covering a live NFL game. Too many technical difficulties. Mike Mayock...blah, blah, blah. Take a breath Mike.
* The Bills let the Dolphins hang around. While outplayed, Miami could have stolen this game. However, because Miami cannot move the ball nor take the ball away, it was not meant to be.
* The Fins' offensive coaching is out of answers on how to move the ball.
* Ryan Tannehill is getting exposed. Yes, not a lot happening up front and the talent at receiver is far from ideal. However, I thought for the first time, the staff tried to "hide" their QB. The next six games are huge for Tannehill, but unfortunately the most talented teams remain.
* The Dolphins have no chance to win if they turn it over. They have no ability to get turnovers from an opponent.
* The CB's are bad. Each week another guy is getting abused. I said in August that the CB's were the worst unit on the team. While the receiving group got the most attention, the corners were far worse. The condition that Ireland left the CB's in, going into this season was disgusting. Sean Smith is okay at times, but Jimmy Wilson, Nolan Carroll, Chris Clemons and injured Richard Marshall are not answers going forward in any type of primary roles.
* I said after the Tennessee loss in a thread, that it would not be until mid-December until the Fins win again. They have played two lousy defenses and done nothing against them. Now, they have legit D's in Seattle and SF in two of the next three weeks separated by the New England Patriots. It is going to be an ugly time in South Florida over the next month. Ugly for the new coach. Ugly for the rookie QB. Ugly for the GM. Hide the women and children.