Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 11 Recap/We have a couple of Jests on our team

1. -21
    Philbin is an idiot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philbin is an idiot
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Honestly it is a lot to ask. Not every quarterback will have a great receiving corp, oline, coach, and running back. He'll be asked to do it himself sometimes and if he cant, bye.
    Philbin is an idiot.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Criticism is absolutely fine and even rookies are open to it. There's a huge difference between rational criticism and nonsense Ryan Leaf comparisons. Don't lump them all together.
    Was I arguing that RT is free of criticism? All I said was give him a year (or more), give him talented play makers. Then, if he still sucks, make all the asinine comparisons you want. Whats wrong with that?

Also, anyone arguing that RT lost us this game is absolutely delusional. Sorry, it just seems like every other post on these boards is about how Tanne sucks... that's just not the case. A determination cannot be made about this just yet.

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    Honestly it is a lot to ask. Not every quarterback will have a great receiving corp, oline, coach, and running back. He'll be asked to do it himself sometimes and if he cant, bye.
    that's all well and good... but have perspective, please. We need more fans with perspective.

He just played his 9th (ninth) NFL game. And its not like he inherited a superbowl calibur team. Let's try to keep things in their proper focus.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 11 Recap/We have a couple of Jests on our team

Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    Just curious, are rookies allowed to have bad games?

You guys act as if Dan Marino was our QB last year and now we have to deal with these -wah- really obnoxious rookie growing pains -wah-

How about we give RT, I don't know, an entire year... and, also, I don't know, LEGIT wide receivers... and, wait for it, a rb corp that isnt full of slippery vaginas. Is that really too much to ask for?
    Of course it is! Didn't you hear? Unless you step in and play like Tom Brady did right off the bat, you have absolutely no chance to be a successful QB in the league. If you throw more than 4 picks during your rookie season, it's DUUUUUUHHHHH BENCH THIS GUY, HE SUCKS DRAFT ANOTHER QB!!!!
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow View Post
    Of course it is! Didn't you hear? Unless you step in and play like Tom Brady did right off the bat, you have absolutely no chance to be a successful QB in the league. If you throw more than 4 picks during your rookie season, it's DUUUUUUHHHHH BENCH THIS GUY, HE SUCKS DRAFT ANOTHER QB!!!!
    You're right. I should have known better. Dolphins Fan = Delusional Fan

::sigh::
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Phinishisher View Post
    I agree. The blame goes around equally. They were Sparanoesque conservative most of the game and if there are no excuses for Tannehill there's definitely none for the coaching staff.
    No they weren't, and that's a huge myth being spread because all of all the big play attempts they called on tonight, not one of them worked out. One of them was caught, but for the defense. Sure, when the offense had about 12 plays in the first half, they hadn't tried that much long, but if anything there were too many aggressive throws that had little chance of being completed.

At any rate, our offense is on training wheels because both the OL suck and the QB is all over the place with his throws. You hear the sideline reporter talk at halftime about all the things the staff has said they are going to try to help Tannehill make plays, and realize that's because at this point he can't make more than one or two sporadic nice throws without them having to find a way to completely throw the defense off through a little trickery. At some point your QB has to be able to drop back and throw a freaking nice pass.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Although I live in Pennsylvania, I work with several other Dolphins fans. One of my co-workers thinks Long's body just wore out. I tended to agree with him, but I thought maybe Long could be signed for a signifcant discount and thrive on the right side of the line in the future. After I saw the Merriman play, I am finding it hard to convince myself he isn't close to being done.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    When do the Coaches take responsibility? if Tannehill must be held acciountable then so should Philbin, Sherman and Coyle.
    yep there the ones sending the plays into Tanny,but we are in very very bad need at WR , BIG TALL WR maybe 2 of them and i agree , our OL needs to step up and play better ,and imo thomas and bush isnt the RB that we are lookin for , we need a ray rice ,adiran foster type RB ,and imo it didnt look like that we even came to play in the first half tonite .

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PCmor View Post
    Although I live in Pennsylvania, I work with several other Dolphins fans. One of my co-workers thinks Long's body just wore out. I tended to agree with him, but I thought maybe Long could be signed for a signifcant discount and thrive on the right side of the line in the future. After I saw the Merriman play, I am finding it hard to convince myself he isn't close to being done.
    He's certainly playing like that, and the fact of the matter is that his chances of re-signing with this team at a salary level that matches his play level right now is almost 0. He'll consider it an insult and I'm sure some team out there will be able to offer him a lucrative deal based on reputation or past play alone. Let him be their issue.

I don't like going into the offseason without an LT, but overpaying one and using limited cap space that could much more wisely and productively be spent elsewhere is absolutely not an answer.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    I think a huge step in improving the D would be finding a pass rusher opposite Wake. Odrick is a borderline bust. If you have one of the better pass rushers in the NFL it should be easy to have a great pass rushing unit. Good write up once again, your Jake wrong rants are hilariously accurate.
    i agree Jake wrong should have dominated merriman , when marriman came up and made contact with jake wrong , jake should have swollawed him up .
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You want to know the problem with this team, i will give you 2 names, Jeff Ireland and the guy who didn't fire him, Ross.
    Quote Quote