Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 11 Recap/We have a couple of Jests on our team

1. -41
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    I would laugh for 20 minutes straight if Ireland became the Jets new GM to reunite with his old pal Sparano.
    Ireland, Rex, Sparano, Jake Wrong and Reggie Bush with Sanchez at QB. Your 2013 New York Jests offense folks.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Considering where he was drafted, how much he was paid, what they didn't draft and how poor his play is currently, Jake Long's legacy will be that he was one of the worst decisions in a Dolphins draft.
    I was saying this a couple of years ago. He is one of the biggest draft blunders not just in phins history, but NFL history. The way he is playing now he may go up there with some of the great busts of all time like Jamarcus Bustell. When you throw in the fact we were starved for a QB and Matty Ice may be an NFL MVP at the QB position, it only compounds it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    I used to be in the "Jake Long was the wrong pick, but at least we got a good player" camp. Now Im on the WV Jake Wrong hater bandwagon.

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Easily Jake Wrong is one of the worst high draft picks of the last decade team was desperate for a qb and we passed for a cornfed rent-a-mule! You can add Odrick to that to with Earl Thomas on the board we pick a flipping 3-4 de?
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    I was saying this a couple of years ago. He is one of the biggest draft blunders not just in phins history, but NFL history. The way he is playing now he may go up there with some of the great busts of all time like Jamarcus Bustell. When you throw in the fact we were starved for a QB and Matty Ice may be an NFL MVP at the QB position, it only compounds it.
    That's not fair at all. Long made 4 pro bowls, for god's sake. If he were a free agent he would have absolutely no problem getting picked up; in fact, there would be probably a dozen teams in line.

I like how lots of people are currently hating on the phins not shoring up the supporting cast for the QB. Oh wait, that's what we did by picking Long, and we won the division that year.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Yes Jake Boselli making the Probowl I forgot the finheaven barometer of a successful season.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For all of the knocking of Shula's drafts (not all undeserved certainly), he was able to get a lot more value out of worse picks in the early 90s than pretty much any Dolphins regime since JJ.

Some great drafting here, especially when you take into account where they were drafted-- Ronnie Brown (#2 overall), Jason Allen (top 20 pick), Jake Long (#1 overall), Ted Ginn (top 10 pick)-- two already off the team because they pretty much sucked, one who was finally let go after under-producing his entire career, and one #1 overall pick who's looking more and more like a mistake every day.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    That's not fair at all. Long made 4 pro bowls, for god's sake. If he were a free agent he would have absolutely no problem getting picked up; in fact, there would be probably a dozen teams in line.

I like how lots of people are currently hating on the phins not shoring up the supporting cast for the QB. Oh wait, that's what we did by picking Long, and we won the division that year.
    Stopped reading right there. The Pro Bowl is the most overrated and misused method of judging a player's ability. The league will be far better off without that garbage popularity contest. Jake Long gets in based on name recognition from being the (incorrect) first overall pick. Nothing else. You could maybe justify it the first year or two, but nothing after that.

This chump will probably get into the Pro Bowl again this year, but it will most certainly have NOTHING to do with his play, which has been flat out atrocious.

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Stopped reading right there. The Pro Bowl is the most overrated and misused method of judging a player's ability. The league will be far better off without that garbage popularity contest. Jake Long gets in based on name recognition from being the (incorrect) first overall pick. Nothing else. You could maybe justify it the first year or two, but nothing after that.

This chump will probably get into the Pro Bowl again this year, but it will most certainly have NOTHING to do with his play, which has been flat out atrocious.
    I think we gave up something like 45 sacks in 2007. In 2008 with Long that number dropped to 26.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    Was I arguing that RT is free of criticism? All I said was give him a year (or more), give him talented play makers. Then, if he still sucks, make all the asinine comparisons you want. Whats wrong with that?

Also, anyone arguing that RT lost us this game is absolutely delusional. Sorry, it just seems like every other post on these boards is about how Tanne sucks... that's just not the case. A determination cannot be made about this just yet.

Well, if you are saying we need to give him a year, then yes, you are saying he should currently be free of criticism...

You may need a year to make criticisms, the rest of us can do so while he is progressing (or in this game, regressing). Again, you are lumping them all together, legitimate criticism and idiotic comparisons alike, which is ridiculous. You can't tell the difference between the two forms of criticism?

Where did WV or anybody else in this thread say that Tannehill sucks? He most certainly sucked in this game, but nobody said he sucks overall. He most certainly didn't lose the game by himself, but he absolutely did play a major role in it. Hell, the last interception is all that is needed to add him to that list. That was a flat out horrible throw and decision. A double covered receiver in the middle of the field when you have no time outs AND the ball is thrown well behind him? You simply can't defend that. Does it mean he's the next Ryan Leaf? **** no, but it does mean he has a lot of work to do in practice the next few weeks, particularly when it comes to decision making and accuracy.
    Quote Quote