Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 11 Recap/We have a couple of Jests on our team

1. -71
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliFinFan420 View Post
    You will see IN THE FUTURE just how incorrect and quite frankly inept you are at judging football talent.
    i think the only one that has proven incorrect and quite frankly inept at judging football talent is jeff ireland. dont really need to go much further into the future to see that.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=registeredguy;1064501456]After sleeping on the game, Jake Long still sucks and the OL is still the biggest problem on this football team.

Unreal that the Bills can rush four guys all night, not stack to stop the rushing game, and Miami can neither run nor protect the quarterback.[/QUOTE

Exactly. Yet, somehow, Tannehill is the source of hatred here. Unreal
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    I'm not sure how you can write this up, trashing so many different players (deservedly for the most part) but not mention Nolan Carroll. Seems to me that you can't applaud Bushes benching, bash him for manning up to his lack of performance and acceptance of said benching, and yet not cry for Carroll to be benched as well. Bush cost us a drive last week that led to points for the opposition. Carroll cost us like 4 drives last night. Hell, damn near the entire secondary should be benched.

Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    Was I arguing that RT is free of criticism? All I said was give him a year (or more), give him talented play makers. Then, if he still sucks, make all the asinine comparisons you want. Whats wrong with that?

Also, anyone arguing that RT lost us this game is absolutely delusional. Sorry, it just seems like every other post on these boards is about how Tanne sucks... that's just not the case. A determination cannot be made about this just yet.

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

that's all well and good... but have perspective, please. We need more fans with perspective.

He just played his 9th (ninth) NFL game. And its not like he inherited a superbowl calibur team. Let's try to keep things in their proper focus.
    Listen bro, this is a GET REAL thread. If you want to post about how people are being ridiculous when it comes to Tannehill, then go back to the forum and find the threads where people compare him to Henne and call him a bust. They are out there. But, that isnt what is happening here. In these threads, we deal with reality.

The reality is that over the past 10 qtrs, Ryan Tannehill has played like ****. Nobody in this post is trying to say that makes him a bust or he is complete garbage that we should give up on at this point. Its just recognizing facts.

Never did I blame the loss completely on Tannehill. However, it is fact that if Tannehill had played better, we win that game.

Nobody is suggesting that its Tannehill's fault when Long and Martin both get steamrolled and the DE's meet at the QB. That has nothing to do with Tannehill. What is his fault though are the plays when he is actually given opportunities and he fails to come through. He had plenty of chances last night to make a play that wouldve changed the outcome of that game and he failed miserably on almost all of them. Are you seriously suggesting he didnt make poor throws on multiple occasions when he had time and open receivers?

Having said that, the QB position is the one position on the field where you can say if he plays better, your team couldve won the game. Acknowledging the fact that we couldve beaten a bad Buffalo team if Tannehill had capitalized on some opportunities dosent pin the blame on him. There was plenty of blame to go around as many players on our team were terrible last night. To lose to the Bills, you have to have a lot of players play poorly.

But, for instance, say Long and Carroll had not played like trash last night. Would we have won the game? Perhaps, but you can not say that definetively. But, you can definately say had Tannehill made a couple of those throws that were there and not turned the ball over we wouldve won. That dosent mean that anyone is blaming the loss entirely on him. Its just facts.

There are also some threads out there pointing out the fact that Tannehill has had multiple chances this season to lead us on a game winning drive late in the 4th qtr and failed every time. There is some validity to that. As for myself, Im not ready to say that means he will never be able to do this for us consistantly, but I can still accept that criticism of him as reasonable. Its just reality that he hasnt come through in a big spot for us yet.

There comes a point when you have to stop blaming everyone else and place blame where it belongs. Yes the offensive personel is not great. Yes the OL has been terrible. But, none of that means Tannehill hasnt had chances to make plays. He has. He just hasnt made those plays when it counted most so far.

Matty Ice has been in these situations all year and failed ONE time. Just last week he didnt get his team in the endzone with a chance to win late. Up to that point he had come through in that situation all year long. Yet, for some reason he was criticized for having to win close games. At the same time teams like the Giants and 9ers who are said to be superior to the Falcons are LOSING games to these so called bad teams. I dont get it.

You see these late game situations are where its time to pull your balls out. Right now in those critical spots, Tannehill is playing like a little ******. There has to be a point in time that he is successful more often than not in those spots or we will never be able to win anything with him at QB.

That just how it is. In the NFL, most games come down to these situations. The teams who have QBs that can come through in the clutch win and the teams who dont lose. Its as simple as that. I still believe that one day Tannehill might be able to come through in these situations, but right now he simply isnt getting it done.

Again its a get real thread. So you can either keep it real or keep it movin. So you can run and tell THAT! Homeboy.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fire Jeff Ireland

hire WV

Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why? So he can hire Nick Saban as Director of Everything just to get the chance to suck down some hot-Little Debbie cream filling?
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Listen bro, this is a GET REAL thread. If you want to post about how people are being ridiculous when it comes to Tannehill, then go back to the forum and find the threads where people compare him to Henne and call him a bust. They are out there. But, that isnt what is happening here. In these threads, we deal with reality.

The reality is that over the past 10 qtrs, Ryan Tannehill has played like ****. Nobody in this post is trying to say that makes him a bust or he is complete garbage that we should give up on at this point. Its just recognizing facts.

Never did I blame the loss completely on Tannehill. However, it is fact that if Tannehill had played better, we win that game.

Nobody is suggesting that its Tannehill's fault when Long and Martin both get steamrolled and the DE's meet at the QB. That has nothing to do with Tannehill. What is his fault though are the plays when he is actually given opportunities and he fails to come through. He had plenty of chances last night to make a play that wouldve changed the outcome of that game and he failed miserably on almost all of them. Are you seriously suggesting he didnt make poor throws on multiple occasions when he had time and open receivers?

Having said that, the QB position is the one position on the field where you can say if he plays better, your team couldve won the game. Acknowledging the fact that we couldve beaten a bad Buffalo team if Tannehill had capitalized on some opportunities dosent pin the blame on him. There was plenty of blame to go around as many players on our team were terrible last night. To lose to the Bills, you have to have a lot of players play poorly.

But, for instance, say Long and Carroll had not played like trash last night. Would we have won the game? Perhaps, but you can not say that definetively. But, you can definately say had Tannehill made a couple of those throws that were there and not turned the ball over we wouldve won. That dosent mean that anyone is blaming the loss entirely on him. Its just facts.

There are also some threads out there pointing out the fact that Tannehill has had multiple chances this season to lead us on a game winning drive late in the 4th qtr and failed every time. There is some validity to that. As for myself, Im not ready to say that means he will never be able to do this for us consistantly, but I can still accept that criticism of him as reasonable. Its just reality that he hasnt come through in a big spot for us yet.

There comes a point when you have to stop blaming everyone else and place blame where it belongs. Yes the offensive personel is not great. Yes the OL has been terrible. But, none of that means Tannehill hasnt had chances to make plays. He has. He just hasnt made those plays when it counted most so far.

Matty Ice has been in these situations all year and failed ONE time. Just last week he didnt get his team in the endzone with a chance to win late. Up to that point he had come through in that situation all year long. Yet, for some reason he was criticized for having to win close games. At the same time teams like the Giants and 9ers who are said to be superior to the Falcons are LOSING games to these so called bad teams. I dont get it.

You see these late game situations are where its time to pull your balls out. Right now in those critical spots, Tannehill is playing like a little ******. There has to be a point in time that he is successful more often than not in those spots or we will never be able to win anything with him at QB.

That just how it is. In the NFL, most games come down to these situations. The teams who have QBs that can come through in the clutch win and the teams who dont lose. Its as simple as that. I still believe that one day Tannehill might be able to come through in these situations, but right now he simply isnt getting it done.

Again its a get real thread. So you can either keep it real or keep it movin. So you can run and tell THAT! Homeboy.
    Way to quote a flaming, ghetto black dude at the end of your rant. Nice.

Anyway, saying that the QB position is the lone position you can say "if he plays better, your team could have won the game" is simply wrong. I can think of a couple of missed fgs (not kicked by our qb) that cost us a game.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Another spot on review. Tannehill played like crap indeed, but these people saying he's a bust are just hilarious. I wonder what would've happened if Indianapolis got rid of Peyton Manning after his first few bad games during HIS rookie season?

PS. I'm NOT comparing the two! So settle down people!
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Freakin hilarious...good job
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you've written (including this thread), and you have a point about Tannehill, but you gotta let the Matty Ice thing go. It's been four years now, and we need to focus on our present situation, not on how well a certain Atlanta Falcons QB is progressing in his career.
    Quote Quote